PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the Gooey Duck 6

shotgunlab
10-06-2008, 10:53 PM
how fitting that her name is the gooey duck 6, as I'm in Seattle on the hunt for my first Donzi--Seattle is the Gooey Duck center of the universe!:biggrin.:

(for those uninitiated to the gooey duck, they're a super bad ass clam)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HK_seafood_Elephant_Trunk_Clam.jpg

ok to the Donzi - first it's a west coast boat! damn they're hard to come by...

1995 Donzi - 22 Classic No Stress cracks!!!

Fresh 496/650hp (5-7 hours)
Bored 30 over, Steel 1/4 stroked crank, Merlin worked heads, Manley Rods, J&E Pistons, Balanced, 1150 Dominator, Full Roller motor was Dynoed

Sea strainer
IMCO Exhaust
MSD Ignition
1150 Dominator Carb
Dan Olson Oil Cooler
Mayfair Hydraulic Dual Steering
IMCO Short Drive
Gaffrig Controls

thoughts as to pros/cons of this set up??? Is this less reliable long term than an engine that hasn't been all tweaked out? i'm looking to do a lot of cruising with the wife and little one on Lake Washington & excited to get lots of seat time and slowly work up to some serious speed for when the big boys go out :yes:

the guy doesn't have a asking price, but his ad says, "Must Sell!! Any SERIOUS Offer Taken" so thoughts as to what should i come in at w/an offer? I'd like to come in low (it's a buyers market right?) but not so low that it's insulting and I'm not "serious".

thanks in advance for any thoughts shared, haven't seen the interior yet, but as long as it's not in tatters I'm interested--the gooey duck 6 looks like she doesn't f*** around!

best,

Josh

da donz
10-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I uses to live near Seattle, as well. And I seen the mungs digging on the beaches for those things like they were gold,
Here's another Pictures (You know what it looks like).
Boat looks clean!
Don't know about the name! LOL

shotgunlab
10-07-2008, 04:46 PM
so i found out today that the guy wants 50k minimum. outta my price range for sure.

but a sweet boat nonetheless.

DonziJon
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
so i found out today that the guy wants 50k minimum. outta my price range for sure.

but a sweet boat nonetheless.

Gooie Ducks are Butt Ugly. Why would you buy a boat with a name like that? :confused: That guy has no appreciation for the Donzi.

BTW: There is NO WAY a pumped up motor is going to be as reliable as stock. Just ain't happining. John

cutwater
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
so i found out today that the guy wants 50k minimum.

If ads weren't sacred, I'd... :doh: