PDA

View Full Version : Texas (Clear Lake)

Jraysray
10-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I REALLY need to get in my boat.......

Jefe really needs to get some pics.....

Harbormaster really needs to scream in that 22.....

Jim G really needs to run that jewl..........

Vandyke really needs to gang up DAMN IT!

TMANN? well,, do what you got to do brother!

Jefe, I am up to a "c" cup but no model yet.

How many more TX Donzi brothers am I missing?

COME on????!!!! lets drop in the bay and get wet for one last time in 2008!

JRAY and SRAY need this!

nuthin' but donzis....

fegettes
10-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Give me a weeks notice, and I can be there. I am working in Baton Rouge now and the boats are there in Dickinson.

Steve

jackl1969
10-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Hate to be the first one across Clear Lake. No telling what is in there. Oh my!!!

JeffH
10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm here. Scot's working on my 18 c...putting in a new 350 MPI, when he's not at some Donzi gathering that is!

Just Kidding Scot:cool!:

Jeff H

JimG
10-08-2008, 06:02 AM
I'm up for a local Donzi gathering! We have plenty in the area, no reason we can't pull 8-10 boats together for an event. We need to get some of the big boats involved...

Jefe, will you know how to cook without driving 12 hours?:biggrin.:

Team Jefe
10-08-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm In. I'll probably leave thrusday night and drive on through to be there Friday afternoon, we'll just party on thruough and get 'em wet Saturday............

Wait a minute, you mean CLEAR LAKE TEXAS....Why that's just right here a few miles away...... I guess I'll have to drive around the Beltway a few times to make it feel like a normal rally:kingme:.

I am going to try and get out this Saturday for a while.

Team Jefe
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
All BS aside, I will be at the Kemah Bridge Ramp at 1100 Saturday morning if anyone wants to join me.

JimG
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know if the Taylor Lake channel is open?

Jraysray
10-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Last I saw there was a big cruiser sitting on the bottom with the wheelhouse poking out of the water. There also was an orange oil skimmer floating across the inlet to the channel. I will go by there this morning and take a look.

Club classic is open and they might still bee serving food there. They moved Classic Café there when it flooded. Club classic actually has more tables and a larger kitchen than Classic Café. Not sure about the docking though it was rough for a small boat before but Ill take what I can get now.

Jraysray
10-10-2008, 06:56 AM
All BS aside, I will be at the Kemah Bridge Ramp at 1100 Saturday morning if anyone wants to join me.

Scot V got his 22 running?

Jraysray
10-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know if the Taylor Lake channel is open?

I went under the bridge and the sunken boat is still blocking southwest section of the bridge. I also saw two sunken sailboats on the southwest side as well. The east side of the bridge appears to be open. I am not sure how shallow it is as I always went throught he middle cut.

The channel is open and appears to be debris free as far as I could see.

The club classic is ok and as I posted before serving food and drinks. There are open slips and in decent shape.

Team Jefe
10-10-2008, 08:45 PM
HM is boatless and won't come with me becasue he is working on his motor tomorroww.

harbormaster
10-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Yep I pulled the engine this morning and I will tear it down Monday and get it to the Machine Shop.

Jeff Herrins 18 is done and it runs like a bat outa hell. We pulled out the carbed 350 and put in a 350 Mag MPI with closed cooling. He said he will pick it up Monday.

Scott, You are a braver man than I am . If My boat were running I sure as hell would not go in Clear lake, or even the bay!

With my luck I would hit a submerged car or house.

JeffH
10-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Texas Contingent

It's dove season in Texas and I was in South Texas with my boy and his friend enjoying God's Country!

Seein' how it never gets cold here, can we plan another one of these when everyone can get it together?

Scot V is close to running and my boat surely should run trouble free now!

Sorry I missed it...but am chomping at the bit!

Jeff H