PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Upgrade - HELP!

MDonziM
10-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Changing my stock Quicksilver 94' vintage to the Dana Side Mount. Got the throttle and shift cables, wire tagged and off. Cant get the old throttle arm apart from the housing. Grrrr. Has anyone done this that could help? I dont see any set screws or anything on either side.

Thanks - MM

MDonziM
10-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Found it, 11/16 socked in the center of the arm... didn't see it before.

brwn234
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Make sure you post some pics and your opinions of that shifter. Thats a mod I've been eying for awhile but just cant bring myself to spend that kinda dough.

Donzi LG
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
That is one nice shifter, you are going to love it. Hope things go smoothly the rest of the way.

John

zimm17
10-07-2008, 02:22 PM
It's an awesome throttle. I got rid of my Livorsi throttle right away and went with the Dana. The big cut out makes it easy to hook up. I mounted mine with stainless T-bolts from the back side so you can easily remote the unit to adjust the tension bolt. I used a roto-zip tool for the cutout- works awesome.

zimm17
10-07-2008, 02:41 PM
I've heard they blow up engines...
Sorry Zimm, I had to do it ;) :) :outtahere:

NICE!

:rofl: :rofl:

MDonziM
10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Make sure you post some pics and your opinions of that shifter. Thats a mod I've been eying for awhile but just cant bring myself to spend that kinda dough.

Was not a "smooth" or easy job. The shifter is great but my cable ends had to be modified to fit into the bracket mounts. My old shifter was getting finicky to find neutral to start and the Dana throttle is SO much more responsive. I'll work on the pics , but unlike Zimm my '94 has the padding around the shifter which made the different size housing no problem.