PDA

View Full Version : Think Somethings Leaking!

da donz
10-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Hooked the muffs up to the brovo 1 port side 350 of the 28zx sitting on the trailer today and ran it for a bit, and noticed water dripping out of the drain plug hole.
took a look in the bilge and seen a little wetness towards the rear, when i know it was dry before i started.
any thoughts on where it might be leaking from?

Also think there might be some water in the same port side trim pump, looks to be a little milky, what needs to be done there, I took the cap off and pumped most of the oil out and put new oil in and ran it up and down a few times, but now all the milky stuff keeps settling on the bottom. how do you get it all out, and what needs to be done to keep the water out?

Any help on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.:nilly:

MOP
10-04-2008, 07:54 AM
A couple of ideas, Leaky rams will cause the fluid to get milky. Check the fitting for the sea water to come through it can be cracked (common) and may be leaking. Could be as simple as the intake hose leaking.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Do you have engine oil coolers on the motors? I dont on our 28 but our old big block in the widow had one and the oil was milky in that. However, the drained oil was never milky, but i also would leave a huge Exxon Valdez oil slick from the pipes when in the water.