PDA

View Full Version : motor hatch for 86,18' classic

Bill Sparfel
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
The fellow that looks after my boats just called to say the hatch fell off in a couple of 100 feet of water. To say that I am upset would be an understatement. It is a perfect original boat or at least it was. Any lines on a motor hatch out there?
Thank you

cutwater
10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
The fellow that looks after my boats just called to say the hatch fell off in a couple of 100 feet of water. To say that I am upset would be an understatement. It is a perfect original boat or at least it was. Any lines on a motor hatch out there?
Thank you

I have heard that they float? Maybe I'm wrong.

Did your boat have a scoop, or was it a regular hatch?

Bill Sparfel
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I hope you are right. I phoned him and told him they float. Go and look before we loose the sun light.
It is a plain original hatch.

cutwater
10-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I hope I am not misleading you. But I remember a thread several months ago that mentioned this and I was very surprised. Does anyone else remember this??

Bill Sparfel
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
You are right. We have enough of these around that we did our own physical test. So, out with the charts, do the wind calculations and pulled together four boats to go searching tomorrow morning at first light. If I wasn't so ticked about him beating the snot out of my boat, I may be excited about the hunt.
Thank you

cutwater
10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
You are right. We have enough of these around that we did our own physical test. So, out with the charts, do the wind calculations and pulled together four boats to go searching tomorrow morning at first light. If I wasn't so ticked about him beating the snot out of my boat, I may be excited about the hunt.
Thank you

Great! Glad I could help. Good luck with your search.

John

chappy
10-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Thank you

Good luck with the search, hope you find it quick. And please, please, please keep us in the loop with what you do to the guy that beat your boat. Maybe before and after pics of him?:biggrin.:

Lenny
10-05-2008, 03:56 AM
I can probably help you. I have one the same year... or within one... they are all the same when we are talking this timeline.

Bill Sparfel
10-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks. They still have yet to find it. The real sad part is that the boat has never been painted so matching the colour is going to be virtually impossible. I'll keep you posted.

Bill Sparfel
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
You won't believe this story. One of the guys that were hired to go out and look for it, found it a week ago. We had posted a $500.00 reward and this piece of _hit wanted $1,500.00. He got his $500.00 and got a keep out of jail card. Thanks for all the help!

onesubdrvr
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
You won't believe this story. One of the guys that were hired to go out and look for it, found it a week ago. We had posted a $500.00 reward and this piece of _hit wanted $1,500.00. He got his $500.00 and got a keep out of jail card. Thanks for all the help!

Bill,

I'm so glad you found it!! That is tooo cool,.. guy was a bit of a crap head though :(

Wayne

cutwater
10-21-2008, 07:10 PM

Great news! $500 well spent. What a toolbag though, that guy :bonk:Some people...