PDA

View Full Version : donzi 18 interior

dp2002mt
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
i have a complete set of white/red piping interior,almost new condition for front and rear,also red floor carpet that is new,i also have a red perfect condition cockpit cover,taking offers will post pics soon,Dave 1-616-690-4197

Conquistador_del_mar
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
On Monday, I made a deal with my upholstery man for almost exactly what it sounds like you are selling with the exception of adding some red racing stripes in the seats. He will be rebuilding the front seat bases and doing all the work including the back seats for $750. You can't beat the prices of an older ex-hippie, and his work is usually very good. I have heard some fairly high prices mentioned for upholstery like you have. Can I ask why you are selling almost new upholstery, carpet, and tonneau cover? I sure wish I could have seen yours before I made the deal. Bill

dp2002mt
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
color change

Carpe Donzi
10-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Interested in the carpet; does it have the male snaps?

2donzi2
10-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey conquistador, if you don't mind me asking, who's doing you interior? I'm Doing a 1972 18 classic and need an interior. I live in Florida, but am from Dallas and have family there that I could make arrangements to handle for me. Need 2 buckets and back seat in orange. Have a orange hull with white deck. Priced Premier Performance and was amazed how much so little of an interior cost. I've done larger boats for less. Any info would be appreciated.

Conquistador_del_mar
10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey conquistador, if you don't mind me asking, who's doing you interior? I'm Doing a 1972 18 classic and need an interior. I live in Florida, but am from Dallas and have family there that I could make arrangements to handle for me. Need 2 buckets and back seat in orange. Have a orange hull with white deck. Priced Premier Performance and was amazed how much so little of an interior cost. I've done larger boats for less. Any info would be appreciated.

Out of curiosity, what did they want to do them? The man I use has a small shop up here in Denison. If you want, I will send you some pictures of the interior when he is done before going any farther. Someone in your family could bring the pieces up here to his shop if you like the work. Merle is an older man who has done some nice work for me in the past. Keep in touch. I will likely post some pictures on the thread I started about my 1971 restoration. Bill

Donzi Vol
10-04-2008, 11:20 PM
i have a complete set of white/red piping interior,almost new condition for front and rear,also red floor carpet that is new,i also have a red perfect condition cockpit cover,taking offers will post pics soon,Dave 1-616-690-4197

Dave, do you have any pics yet? And PM me if you have a $$ range in mind.

Thanks,
David

2donzi2
10-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Bill,

Got a price for $2300 ( from Premier) for the back seat and 2 fronts including new rotocast shells. I did a 29 mirage with bolsters, deck cushion, rear seat, side panels and cabin cushions and didn't pay that much. Proud of their work. Would like to see the pictures. Thanks, Mike

Conquistador_del_mar
10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Bill,

Got a price for $2300 ( from Premier) for the back seat and 2 fronts including new rotocast shells. I did a 29 mirage with bolsters, deck cushion, rear seat, side panels and cabin cushions and didn't pay that much. Proud of their work. Would like to see the pictures. Thanks, Mike

I am not familiar with the term rotocast shells - are they the same as the originals? Yep, too bad you can't just go to a furniture store for your upholstery. $2300 would buy some decent comfortable seating. I'll post the pictures - keep in touch. Bill

knots2u
10-05-2008, 01:44 PM
$2300 is based on economics 101, the rule of sole source supply. Anyway, keep in mind the new style buckets are taller than the original, this could cause some problems with the tonneau cover fitting correctly in pre-1996/97 Classics. Here is a link for rotocast (http://www.rotonics.com/marine-seats-tanks/bucket-marine-seats.html) products. The base rotocast shells are thicker since they are hollow, I think the foam wrap is thinner in the new buckets because of that. There should be 100's of used original shells out there, get a pair and take them to your local guy for re-upholstery. The buckets are easier to re-produce than the rear bench.

Safe boating!
Bob

Conquistador_del_mar
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Bill,

Mike,
I had an upholstery man come by my shop today to show me his IROC convertible Camaro. He saw my Donzi project and asked who was doing the upholstery. When I asked what he would have charged after describing the upholstery, he told me around $500 per front seat and around $750 for the back seat pieces. Wow! I was sure glad I have the older guy lined up. I think I have sort of hijacked this thread and I apologize. Hopefully, this information can help with the sale of the original upholstery that is being sold on this thread. I personally would much prefer buying the original than having copies made. Bill

$2300 is based on economics 101, the rule of sole source supply. Anyway, keep in mind the new style buckets are taller than the original, this could cause some problems with the tonneau cover fitting correctly in pre-1996/97 Classics. Here is a link for rotocast (http://www.rotonics.com/marine-seats-tanks/bucket-marine-seats.html) products. The base rotocast shells are thicker since they are hollow, I think the foam wrap is thinner in the new buckets because of that. There should be 100's of used original shells out there, get a pair and take them to your local guy for re-upholstery. The buckets are easier to re-produce than the rear bench.

Safe boating!
Bob

Bob,
I think I bought as many as 3 entire sets of upholstery from you back when you owned and operated Bilt Rite. It was always a pleasure to receive the original pattern seats that fit perfectly. Is there any chance you are going to find a buyer for the patterns and business? Bill

2donzi2
10-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Sounds like a good price. Curious to see the pictures when it's finished. My boat is coming along really nice. I am hoping to be ready for the interior by Jan. or Feb. Glass work on the stress cracks all repaired like it was never there. Hull and deck should be done by Thanksgiving, next motor and drive and then the interior. Happy restoring.

vlbob2
10-17-2009, 04:39 PM
I would be interested in pictures and price, thanks vlbob2@aol.com