PDA

View Full Version : Very strange boat buy.

f_inscreenname
10-02-2008, 01:06 AM
First let me tell you I don’t buy boats often. The last one was 8 years ago. Today I brought home a 1973 19’ Monza I bought for the 360ci motor I’m putting back together in the garage. It’s funny saying it that way but that’s about what happened. The boat has the same set up as all the stuff I have for it. So after 3 years looking at this boat waste away I stop by the owners house yesterday and we make a deal. Today we did the paperwork, changed money and it’s now sitting in my driveway. After staring at it for 3 years the deal is done like that with out even thinking about it. And then I got it home. The wife pulls up from work and when we are talking she say, “this about the same time you bought that boat (the Nova).
So when I came in from power washing I did a little research. Even though I bought the Nova and the Monza on different days (the Nova's auction happened a couple weeks before) and I picked them both up from their past owners on different days (we stopped over night at moms on the way home from NY with the Nova). Here's the part that will flip you out. The Nova and the Monza both showed up in my driveway on the same day, almost to the minute eight years apart. The Nova was in my driveway for the first time Sunday 10/1/2000 in the middle of the afternoon (not sure of the time I would say around 3pm). I brought home the Monza today 10/1/2008 around 4pm. This is weird.http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/paranoid.gif

BlownCrewCab
10-02-2008, 05:54 AM
So I'm guessing you got a Job? How about some Pics of the monza.

chappy
10-02-2008, 08:03 AM
That's a cool story, pics would be great when you get a chance. Good luck with the project.