PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Miami International Boat Show

Air 22
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
http://www.miamiboatshow.com/

Who's considering the show this year? Poodle and I want to put a Saturday Run/Gathering down to the Key's usually the Key Largo area...the Conch Fritter's Rule down there...not to mention the 80+ Degree weather and aqua blue waters I've done this trip several times and its really a great time:yes:...we hope to see many Donzi folks again this year!!:biggrin.::beer:

The Bravo Boyz are in arriving Wed Feb 11-16 @ the Double Tree Key Biscane located @ the docks of the In-Water portion of the show...:cool:

BUIZILLA
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
one whitewhite

cutwater
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Do they let people from Tennessee in?? :boggled: Seriously, I am going to try to make it down there this year.

mk32j
10-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Actuallu, I'm thinking this is the year we do a Saturday run to Holiday Isle, (http://www.holidayisle.com/) take over the place for the evening, come back Sunday..

I need to know how many would be up for it ASAP, I'd like to see if we can get a group rate there..

I've already got two boats down.. One Red, One Blue :) :)

Count me in 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow :lifeprese::lifeprese::lifeprese::biggrin:

Donzi Vol
10-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Do they let people from Tennessee in?? :boggled: Seriously, I am going to try to make it down there this year.

Keep me updated, cutwater. I might try to go along with you. Are planning on flying?

cutwater
10-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Keep me updated, cutwater. I might try to go along with you. Are planning on flying?

I thought about taking one of those Allegiant Air flights... something like $79 each way to Ft. Lauderdale.

Donzi Vol
10-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I've done it a couple times. They're a good deal. Only problem is that there are only a few certain times on selected days that they fly. We'll figure it out, though.

VetteLT193
10-02-2008, 06:56 AM
I have a contact at Holiday Isle if you need it. She put something together for me a few months ago.

Maybe my boat will actually be done by then:eek:

CJmike
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Man that sounds like fun and a great getaway from the MN cold.

Donzi Vol
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Bring yopur passports, we check yankee's at the door :biggrin.::kingme::biggrin.:

Easy now. Where I come from "Damn Yankee" is still an insult:biggrin.:

BlownCrewCab
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Where I work in TN they call me a Yankee, Just because I "talk Propper". I just tell them I'm from farther south than they have ever been. :pimp:

mk32j
10-02-2008, 01:37 PM
If you were born North of Orlando, you're a Yankee :) :)

There's a comment that agitated my Dad. He was from Leesburg :biggrin.::kingme:

Born and raised in Sunny south Florida, N Miami beach home of all of our obsessions and curator to the best wet toys even today, wanted by many and owned by so few and misunderstood by the rest:lifeprese::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mk32j
10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Poodle,

Just wanted to make sure you got my official I'am in for the boat show cruise to anywhere in the keys so now its 1 red 1 blue 1 yellow 24 and 1 buzilla white.

BlownCrewCab
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Born and raised in Sunny south Florida, N Miami beach home of all of our obsessions and curator to the best wet toys even today, wanted by many and owned by so few and misunderstood by the rest:lifeprese::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I was born and raised there too, on NE 151st st, I spent most my Life as a Kid in the water around Beercan Island and haulover beach.

mk32j
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I was born and raised there too, on NE 151st st, I spent most my Life as a Kid in the water around Beercan Island and haulover beach.

remember when all the islands were that stupid ass pink color buy that f***ed up artist god I hated it...:garfield::garfield:

ChromeGorilla
10-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Damn.... unless I have a schedule change, I'll be in Australia for all of Feb....

"Damn Yankee" would love to be there....

BigGrizzly
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Looks like I am in too.

cutwater
10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
So Poodle, what do DonziVol and I need to do if we are planning on coming?

And don't say that us Tennessee boys need to go out and buy a pair of shoes :kingme:

cutwater
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Should I make reservations at Holiday Isle, or do I need to wait til a group rate is negotiated?

mk32j
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Is this trip to Margaritaville still on,is there any new info.:confused::confused::confused:

cutwater
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Any updates? I was thinking about going ahead and booking my flights...

Donzi Vol
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Any updates? I was thinking about going ahead and booking my flights...

Have you already gotten some prices on those tickets? Anybody else going with you? I'm really wanting to go, but not sure if work or funds are going to line up just right.

roadtrip se
11-06-2008, 11:00 PM
very possible for Nanook and maybe his eskimo bride...

BigGrizzly
11-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Cool, I like Eskimo brides, your OK too.

sweet 16 1966
11-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking this would be a needed break and maybe a good time to blow out the anti-freeze. Just need to get over the salt exposure and flush! Serious consideration given!

onesubdrvr
11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Somebody have room for an extra person?

I hope so ;)

Wayne

BigGrizzly
12-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Looks like Lady griz will make the trip--I think:confused:

Donzi Vol
12-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Any update on the hotel? It looks like cutwater and I are probably in (am I speaking too soon, Lanie??). And I've got a feeling I can talk DonziRacer into it as well. :nilly:

BUIZILLA
12-23-2008, 08:47 PM
might want to eye the place soon, not hearing good things about management and general conditions lately, especially the rooms..... virtually 2/3 of the charter boats are either pulling out, or gone already...

I think Manatee Bay may be a better choice.http://www.manateebayresort.com/images/header.jpg. just MO

Lenny
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
We'll have our reggae band playing on the beach Saturday and Sunday afternoon and entertainment at Tiki Bar and Rumrunner's Island Bar Friday and Saturday nights!

Am I in a dream ??? Is there actually somewhere on Earth that has nice weather.

BUIZILLA
12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
it's 74* right now :cool!:

is that good enough? :wink:

or should I put the air on? :lookaroun:

wait, it is on.. :yes:

BUIZILLA
12-23-2008, 09:38 PM
picky... picky...

www.marriottkeylargo.com (http://www.marriottkeylargo.com)

Air 22
12-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Hotel got back to me.. Rates a tad steep, but it is season..
We could run down Friday, leave Sat, or Sat-Sun..
Bravo Boyz are in Mission Briefings...have rooms Wed-Sun..@ Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
1717 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, Florida, United States 33132-1180
Tel: 1-305-372-0313
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....:nilly::nilly:

Dr. Dan
12-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Bravo Boyz are in Mission Brief...have rooms Wed-Sun..@ Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Don't Forget Your Chapstick! Bravo Boyz wouldn't want those Lips getting too sunburned now would we! Why don't you go for the Big King Single with the Velcro Tie Down Straps and the Commercial Air Circulator for a Bath Fan!

:salute:Anonymous

undertaker
12-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Bravo Boyz are in Mission Brief...have rooms Wed-Sun..@ Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Do you guys have two double beds or one KING size bed...:nilly::nilly:

Anonymous:pimp:

Air 22
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Do you guys have two double beds or one KING size bed...:nilly::nilly:
Anonymous:pimp:

What part of the word "rooms" do u clowns not understand....:bonk::pimp:

Air 22
12-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Don't Forget Your Chapstick! Bravo Boyz wouldn't want those Lips getting too sunburned now would we! Why don't you go for the Big King Single with the Velcro Tie Down Straps and the Commercial Air Circulator for a Bath Fan!
:salute:Anonymous
Hey Moose Breath....how is it that u know about velcro straps and singlebeds anyways?...:kingme:...Why dont you walk the walk and bring ur new Pantera BLING:shocking: BOAT to Miami for some close up inspections and an offshore run to put that 670HP to the test......:nilly::nilly: ...."Just Bring It"...:wink: or....u can just sit there in PA with all the snow piling up on ur pretty new toy in the yard and make snow angles on its deck:angel::angel::angel:.......:kingme:...BTW...I hear its cold n dry up there...some chapstick is on the way...no worries..its all good.:)

undertaker
12-24-2008, 09:53 AM
What part of the word "rooms" do u clowns not understand....:bonk::pimp:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin:

Air 22
12-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I am going to add "mission briefs" to the cussblocker.. WAY TMI flyboy..
Not anonymous :) :)

Picky, Picky...fixed it Gutter Brain...get outta the sun willyaz...geeeeezzzz:nilly::wink::bighug:

Dr. Dan
12-24-2008, 02:01 PM
:popcorn:Oh Yeah? Well stay out of the Eggnog Johnny Phonetic and don't worry about what angle the Snow flies up here. The Boat is in heated storage all Winter so relax.:thumbsup:

:spongebob: Why don't you hurry, you can still buy your Boyfriend some nice Spa Items from Victoria Secrets (for Christmas)For Professional Race Boat Drivers! And while your at it why don't you sign up for the Tres Martin Offshore Parking Lot Coleman Cooler Human Luge Drivers Course...something tells me you're gonna need it at Cumberland.:lame2:

:tase: All Rookies get initiated at Cumberland...just you wait. You have no idea!

I almost feel sorry for you but I know you and so I can live with that guilt.:doh:

Anonymous Conspirator

Air 22
12-24-2008, 02:23 PM
:popcorn:Oh Yeah? Well stay out of the Eggnog Johnny Phonetic and don't worry about what angle the Snow flies up here. The Boat is in heated storage all Winter so relax.:thumbsup:
:spongebob: Why don't you hurry, you can still buy your Boyfriend some nice Spa Items from Victoria Secrets (for Christmas)For Professional Race Boat Drivers! And while your at it why don't you sign up for the Tres Martin Offshore Parking Lot Coleman Cooler Human Luge Drivers Course...something tells me you're gonna need it at Cumberland.:lame2:
:tase: All Rookies get initiated at Cumberland...just you wait. You have no idea!
I almost feel sorry for you but I know you and so I can live with that guilt.:doh:
Anonymous Conspirator

Ohhhhhhhh I'm sooooooooooo Sceeeeeeeeeeeer'd........:nilly::nilly::nilly:
Like I thought....all talk....:kingme:....:popcorn:
Thread is MIAMI..not AOTH......:hijack:.:bonk:...:) :)

bob haver
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
[quote=Dr. Dan;484033]:popcorn:Oh Yeah? Well stay out of the Eggnog Johnny Phonetic and don't worry about what angle the Snow flies up here. The Boat is in heated storage all Winter so relax.:thumbsup:

whoooooooo big fella i thought this was about MAIMI not cumberland and how did you know that bravo 2 got me something from victoria secrets ,well anyways lets get back to maimi bring that pantera down and the bravo boy's will show you how to drive it that rig we are PROFESSIONAL BOAT DRIVERS:cool:so we know and will make you shine you won't even have to wear a hat:wink: all it will cost is a cooler and a gift certificate from VICTORIA SECRETS and i promise you will have front row seating during class time ,btw when did you get the heated garage?????

ragbagger270
12-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm in.

That BS about being a Yankee north of Orlando will get your butt kicked in some parts of Georgia

Dr. Dan
12-26-2008, 06:26 AM
[quote=Dr. Dan;484033]:popcorn:Oh Yeah? Well stay out of the Eggnog Johnny Phonetic and don't worry about what angle the Snow flies up here. The Boat is in heated storage all Winter so relax.:thumbsup:

whoooooooo big fella i thought this was about MAIMI not cumberland and how did you know that bravo 2 got me something from victoria secrets ,well anyways lets get back to maimi bring that pantera down and the bravo boy's will show you how to drive it that rig we are PROFESSIONAL BOAT DRIVERS:cool:so we know and will make you shine you won't even have to wear a hat:wink: all it will cost is a cooler and a gift certificate from VICTORIA SECRETS and i promise you will have front row seating during class time ,btw when did you get the heated garage?????

Bob its nice to see you have a pulse and are alive and posting - the Heated Garage is the Pantera's regular home. If I get it and everything works out, its gonna definitely require some new digs to store it in or on eventually. Its not likely to see much Florida action, the only Salt its gonna see is in the middle Bay here.

Doc of Fictional Facts :popcorn:

Air 22
12-26-2008, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=bob haver;484046]
Bob its nice to see you have a pulse and are alive and posting - the Heated Garage is the Pantera's regular home. If I get it and everything works out, its gonna definitely require some new digs to store it in or on eventually. Its not likely to see much Florida action, the only Salt its gonna see is in the middle Bay here.
Doc of Fictional Facts :popcorn:

Doc...is there much salt in NE, MD during high tide or is it down near Baltimore etc? I carry a salt shaker just in case u need some...NOT...:biggrin:

Tidbart
01-13-2009, 02:11 PM
What's going on with this gathering???

Anything???

B

Donzi Vol
01-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Looks like cutwater and I are out. We're gonna save up our vacations and excitement for AOTH. See you guys in KY!

Air 22
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Bravo Boyz have to stand down Operation Blue Tankini...Poodle/Buiz...I sent u pic's of the tiny problem:bonk:.. as my ride is down hard for repairs:mad::nilly::boggled:...Damn and I wanted those Conch Fritter's too:yes:

AOTH... she will be ready...:wink::kingme:

sweet 16 1966
01-13-2009, 10:09 PM
There should be a gathering of some sorts. JUST THE SOUND OF A KEYS RUN GETS YOU GOING. Maybe in the spring!

Tidbart
01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Regardless of the hotel issue, is anyone up for a Saturday run from Homestead to the Keys and back?

I am in. :yes:

B

donzi2287
01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm for sure in...Since I live in the Keys. I will also check with my friend Al who has some rental houses on the Bay in Key Largo. When and where? I can do some leg work also....

Air 22
01-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Regardless of the hotel issue, is anyone up for a Saturday run from Homestead to the Keys and back?

I am in. :yes:

B

Bob...Give Poodle a call on this:yes:...:pimp:

donzi2287
01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
My friends houses on the bay are booked already...../This is our season..... Like I said I am in and my bro may come too. I will try to find some other places in the meantime....also it is warm, so t-shirts, shorts and flip flops are required at the high end restaurants.. Just to add, you can boat to all the good places!!!!!

Eddie

BUIZILLA
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
scooter trip..

Budmann
01-17-2009, 06:39 AM
We are in!! No SCOOTERS!!!! Those of you who have seen me ride know why!!!LOL
Only problem is my boat is down!! SHOCKER huh!! If someone has two extra seats I have gas and beer money!!

Bud and Donzi Denese

Lenny
01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
We are in!! No SCOOTERS!!!! Those of you who have seen me ride know why!!!LOL

I have seen Budman on a Scooter. It is not pretty. :yes:

If I get there I will be sure to bring plenty on gauze and fabric strips :D

VetteLT193
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
What's the status on the keys run? It looks like I can make it if I hop a ride with my brother.

Is the location set or not, times set, etc?

mattyboy
01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
who's got the low down on the new releases???? looks like Cig will be there with everything they have any news from the Donzi camp???

VetteLT193
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
who's got the low down on the new releases???? looks like Cig will be there with everything they have any news from the Donzi camp???

no idea on details, but here is the list of attendees. Donzi is on there...

http://www.miamiboatshow.com/attendees/directory/exhibitorslist.aspx

For the run though... what's the deal? We have to arrange someone to take the truck/trailer back to the keys or otherwise depending on time/location.

my brother said Gilberts is advertising $79 rooms. That could be a blast. Big bar (I owe Pood a drink or few) , live band, etc.

VetteLT193
01-19-2009, 05:26 PM
he just drove by and saw the sign that said $69 rooms.

Is there a plan? if not, we'll put something together and make this run happen.

VetteLT193
01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
anyone, anyone ?

Who's in if my brother and I put something together?

Sierra
01-20-2009, 07:13 PM
If a st Tropez is welcome count me in.

donzi2287
01-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Holiday Isle in Islamorada has rooms available. They also have an arts and crafts festival on site the same weekend. The Fl. Powerboat Club comes down the following weekend. The room rates are oceanside 229.00, and standard rooms are 189.00 . The dockage is 3.00 a foot with a minimum of 25 ft. They also have a ramp on site and the fee for that is 15.00 in/out.

Gilberts in North Key Largo has rooms available. They also have dockage and they are calling me back with the rates. The rooms are about 130.00 per night.

BUIZILLA
01-24-2009, 03:35 PM
not to rain on your parade, but I don't think the overnight theme is going to happen...

VetteLT193
01-24-2009, 04:29 PM
not to rain on your parade, but I don't think the overnight theme is going to happen...

Gilbert's is a good day run back and forth too

Tidbart
01-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I think the most important thing is that we make a run, somewhere, anywhere.:yes:

A launching location and date/time would be a good start.

Saturday trip from Homestead ramp??
Meet up with boats who already down the Keys??
Run.
Have lunch somewhere??

Just suggestions.
Someone needs to take the lead on this. I have too many things going on right now or I would.:garfield:

Bob

VetteLT193
01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
My brother was talking about a public ramp near the cruise ships. That's close to the show and pretty south to make an easy run.

He's waiting to hear back from Gilberts about overnight dockage for anyone who wants to stay.

Saturday for sure. I'm thinking an easy start at 9:30 AM would be nice, after breakfast and that puts us in the keys for lunch.

BUIZILLA
01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
we'll leave from Black Point around 9ish on Saturday...

might try for a Friday night gathering at someone's house, or maybe Redfish Grille at Matheson, or Monty's in the Grove.. Black Point has a really good little bar/restaurant, we try and munch there every weekend..

destination to be determined on Sat, I have a fleeting thought on something... :wink: maybe a picnic lunch at Nest Key..

VetteLT193
01-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Ro be honest I'd prefer a restaurant for lunch.

That marina/time looks great for a launch place. Do they charge to launch, and if so how much?

donzi2287
01-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Well we live in Tavernier which is MM 92. We can have a get together Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to leave there boat on the water here I can dock up to 6 boats. I would offer a room for anyone, but we live in a chicken wing house with a lot of dock space!!!!

donzi2287
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I say a restaurant on the water for sure. Gilberts, Big Chill, Sundowners etc....

VetteLT193
01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Well we live in Tavernier which is MM 92. We can have a get together Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to leave there boat on the water here I can dock up to 6 boats. I would offer a room for anyone, but we live in a chicken wing house with a lot of dock space!!!!

Bring tents and we'll do a BBQ. heheheh :bonk:

VetteLT193
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Gilberts is giving a group rate, what does everyone think?

$89 Friday night
$120 Sat. Night
$2 per foot to leave boat in the water
ramp is free for guests

BUIZILLA
01-26-2009, 11:56 AM
where is Big Chill ?

sweet 16 1966
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
12 hour drive for a 4 hour boat run in the keys and maybe more- tempting.
Leaving Black Point 9am Saturday-then running how far down? She said "why don't you just run the local lakes here?" Now I need gas money!

donzi2287
01-27-2009, 09:44 AM
We can make run longer if wanted. Don't forget I have dock space too!

donzi2287
01-27-2009, 10:34 AM
We really should start to get a firm commitment of who's going to set some good plans.

donzi2287
01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
So....... Is anybody ready to commit to a run yet?:lookaroun:

Tidbart
01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Here is my tentative plan. Head south on Friday, stay in Key Largo Friday night.
Splash Saturday morn somewhere, head somewhere to meet up with some Donzi people, have a good run, have lunch somewhere, cruise around.....:nilly:

As you can see I have no definite plans nor direction. I guess that takes all the stress off.:wink:

My thought is to have a gathering place somewhere, at a time where all can meet no matter where they launch.

Jim mentioned Blackpoint, I think that is the one near the nuke plant in Homestead, if I remember correctly.

I can hook up with boat from the Keys and head toward Blackpoint to hook up with Jim and others at some point in between.

Just some thoughts....
Bob

donzi2287
01-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Sounds good to me. If you want we can meet at my house in Tavernier then head up to Black Pointe. Or Gilberts by the bridge in Key Largo. Call me at 305-522-2029.

Eddie

mattyboy
01-31-2009, 09:41 AM
I want pictures of the new releases heard on the grape vine there is a new 27zr coming out pictures please

as a side note i was gonna head down to the AC show one day this week but Donzi doesn't appear on the exhibitor's list ????????

donzi2287
01-31-2009, 01:44 PM
O.k. Howabout this for a plan.
Friday night, Snappers Restaurant for happy hour either by boat or car....I am 10 minutes away by boat if anyone wants to dock overnight.
Saturday morning if you are in the Keys we can head up to Black Pointe then run back south.
Saturday for lunch....Hog Heaven Restaurant in Islamorada
Saturday after lunch......Holiday Isle sand bar
Saturday towards end of day head back up....possible Gilberts stop plus we can get fuel there.

VetteLT193
01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
O.k. Howabout this for a plan.
Friday night, Snappers Restaurant for happy hour either by boat or car....I am 10 minutes away by boat if anyone wants to dock overnight.
Saturday morning if you are in the Keys we can head up to Black Pointe then run back south.
Saturday for lunch....Hog Heaven Restaurant in Islamorada
Saturday after lunch......Holiday Isle sand bar
Saturday towards end of day head back up....possible Gilberts stop plus we can get fuel there.

Sounds good to me, you know I'll be there... tell Vickie that the passenger seat is mine :wink:

BUIZILLA
01-31-2009, 05:30 PM
you Keys people can just meet us at Gilbert's around 11ish

docks at Hog Heaven? I didn't know that...

Air 22
01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I just flew over that entire area today from Key West up to Opa Locka...came in over Key Largo, Boca Chita, Virginia Key, Key Biscayne Bay....man wadda beautiful day to out on the water...I need a place in S. Florida ...:yes::pimp:
Jim...ideas??:kingme:

BUIZILLA
01-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I gotta a darn nice newish lakefront townhouse a mile from Black Point ramp i'll sell ya... :yes:

Air 22
01-31-2009, 09:28 PM
I gotta a darn nice newish lakefront townhouse a mile from Black Point ramp i'll sell ya... :yes:

Boat be safe there? Or do I need to set up a 50.cal w motion sensors?:kingme: Poodle might park on my sprinkler's...:biggrin.:

email me a link or some photo's.....hmmmmm u have me think'n now....:pimp:

BUIZILLA
01-31-2009, 10:22 PM
the boat can stay in my backyard... :wink:

donzi2287
02-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes there are docks at Hog Heaven \. Not to take control.....but just follow me in the channel and it will be easy to get in!

sweet 16 1966
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
You may not have but a handful of boats running to the keys but I bet you can't beat the experience.

donzi2287
02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Well.... who's going????? We will be at Gilberts at 11:00 a.m.:yes:

BUIZILLA
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
me and another 18 will be out and about...

donzi2287
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Sounds great. We'll be there and looking forward to a good time. Weather should be nice.:yes:

VetteLT193
02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
me and another 18 will be out and about...

So we've got

Buiz
another 18 footer
Tidbart
donzi2287 (my brother) and me in his boat

Anyone else????

My brother tried talking Poodle into hopping a ride with us... Hopefully he'll come but he sounded really busy.

On another note, is it worth trying to meet up at the boat show on Friday? My brother and I will be there friday, we could meet at the Donzi tent at set time if others are going???

Before I leave I'll PM all the attendees my cell phone. If anyone wants to come last minute we'll plan on Gilberts 11:00 as the meeting point.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I haven't been to the Miami show since the early 90's. I forget what it's like :bonk:

sweet 16 1966
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I want to come and drag my boat and make the show Friday. Looks like 11 hours. With things going south - may be the last chance for some time. Never ran in S Fla. and if there are folks who know where to go, I just may come through. Will have to work out logistics on boat parking for the show and where to meet Sat. for launching. I will confirm Wed am. either way.

sweet 16 1966
02-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Poodle.
That would be a big help. Today will be the test. Meetings all day- home at 9:00 - then prepping the trailer with all the left over time! PM addy if OK !

donzi2287
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Also, If you want to come down to the Keys, you can keep the boat at my house either on the trailor or in the water.

smokediver
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
we ran 2 Rivolta's over on monday from naples . A 45 and a 40 . cool boats , diesels and jet drives . The Shark Hunter pulled in with a 12 foot hammerhead while I was there ... People look pretty busy ! A few beautiful Buddy Davis sport fishes were there ..... in my next life !!!

VetteLT193
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm in the keys at my brother's house. if anyone needs anything give us a ring

We are planning on going to the boat show in the morning tomorrow (Friday)

donzi2287
02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Just to say we ALL had a great time in the Keys and ran our boats with safety and as always........great speed.......hope more can come down next year!!!!!:yes:

sweet 16 1966
02-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Just want to thanks to...
Scott B for boat boarding, badge and how to knowledge.
Randy and Barbra for keeping me company and navigation - on and off water.
Eddie , Vicki, Bob and Tidbart for the fun run.
Buizilla & others- you missed a perfect- February- boating day!

BigGrizzly
02-16-2009, 02:05 PM
All I can say is Ditto. We had a great time and Vette is actually pretty cool. Eddie was a good teacher:wink: Tidberts boat telly looks good in the Christal blue water. Barb and I appreciate the seat in the boat. It made her Valentines day worth it!!:yes:

VetteLT193
02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
All I can say is Ditto. We had a great time and Vette is actually pretty cool. Eddie was a good teacher:wink: Tidberts boat telly looks good in the Christal blue water. Barb and I appreciate the seat in the boat. It made her Valentines day worth it!!:yes:

Grizz was cool too :) and between the two of us I was the Grizzly one in real life... besides the fact that I'm in bad need of a haircut, I forgot my razor in Tallahassee. That's what vacation is for though I guess :nilly:

Prop testing to come later this year :)

donzi2287
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
The people who didn't come totally missed out...however, anybody, anytime that wants to come on down is more than welcome!!!!! Randy, we will be coming up there to see you on the lake. That should be a good reason for Russ to come and Bob and my brother being that they are stopping points on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

BigGrizzly
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Eddie, That works for me. Where I live ramp is c lose and motels ate a plenty and lake usually not too Crowded, and cheep dinner places are close too. We can even tie off of my dock.

VetteLT193
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
That was a smooth way to invite us!

Although, I'm sure we'll both leave with new shiny props :bonk:

BigGrizzly
02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Vette I am liking you more and more:wink:. Barb said don't forget to bring the significant other with you. She is already thinking up a menu.

Dano
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Best of the show, I got a ride in the MTI ( I think it was a 42 maybe 44) at the Mercury racing in the water show. We had to cut the ride a little short as we were running on fumes. I did see 105 mph :yes: on the GPS. What a nice ride...

The new Cigarette 49 Grand Sport is incredible. The boat is a BIG performance boat powered by Cummins QSC 600 through #6 drives. When standing in the cockpit the gunnels are shoulder high and you are looking through the windshield.

MasterCraft showed a new 30' MasterCraft 300, a very cool boat with lots of comfort and bling. Have a look on their website. http://mastercraft.com/300/

I didn't notice anything too exciting at Donzi.

I also went for a ride on a restored Porche designed boat. It was a demo boat for "Geared Up" which makes a splitter gear (one engine in and two power out) and a pair of right angle drives. They put the power to the water from the single Yanmar 440 or 480 (don't remember) through a pair of Bravo X drives. I saw 60+ on GPS and he never had it opened up. Handles like a typical twin around the docks.

Ghost
02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I also went for a ride on a restored Porche designed boat. It was a demo boat for "Geared Up" which makes a splitter gear (one engine in and two power out) and a pair of right angle drives. They put the power to the water from the single Yanmar 440 or 480 (don't remember) through a pair of Bravo X drives. I saw 60+ on GPS and he never had it opened up. Handles like a typical twin around the docks.

Interesting--thanks for the note on that. Dorado Marine (not a perf boat co, admittedly) played with this and I always thought it might be interesting to use a REALLY big single, especially a big diesel, with two sterndrives in a perf boat. Depending on the tranny setup it could have max maneuverability for docking, better power to weight (maybe) than a pair of diesels), less draft than a pure single, and good performance and fuel economy.