PDA

View Full Version : ZX boys.........

Donziweasel
10-01-2008, 08:11 PM
You guys have been quiet lately, any updates Hedgehog, Last Real Texan, and Silverback?

The Hedgehog
10-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Running pretty good these days. I am getting some belt slip once I break into the 90's and am considering going to a 12 rib. I just don't like running the 8 rib that tight. I figured that was going to be a possibility.

Once it cools off some more I will put on the new 280's. That will be a happy improvement.

Speaking of ribs, I slipped on the hydrahoist on Sunday and cracked a few of my own ribs. I am packing in a good hydrocodone buzz :nilly:right now as I try to get comfortable for the evening.

The Hedgehog
10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
As for Tex, he is in Texas working his tail off right now.

Conquistador_del_mar
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Running pretty good these days. I am getting some belt slip once I break into the 90's and am considering going to a 12 rib. I just don't like running the 8 rib that tight. I figured that was going to be a possibility.

Once it cools off some more I will put on the new 280's. That will be a happy improvement.

Speaking of ribs, I slipped on the hydrahoist on Sunday and cracked a few of my own ribs. I am packing in a good hydrocodone buzz :nilly:right now as I try to get comfortable for the evening.

Ouch! I once fractured some ribs on one of the cleats while diving for a fishing rod that was headed for the lake. Even though I caught the rod, I would have gladly let it go if I had known what was going to happen. Ribs take a long time to heal , and mine hurt the worst trying to get out of bed in the mornings - no medication here. What are the "280's"? Take care, Bill

The Hedgehog
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Ouch! I once fractured some ribs on one of the cleats while diving for a fishing rod that was headed for the lake. Even though I caught the rod, I would have gladly let it go if I had known what was going to happen. Ribs take a long time to heal , and mine hurt the worst trying to get out of bed in the mornings - no medication here. What are the "280's"? Take care, Bill

Yes, getting up in the am is the worst. Hiccups and sneezes are no picnics either. I don't have drugs in the am and during work either.

The 280's - Merc Racing K-planes. Oldredalert hooked me up. He had a pair that he did not need. It was a pleasure to do business with him.

Donziweasel
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Breaking ribs suck. Been there, done that a few times. I feel for ya Bill.

On the plus side, glad the ZX is running well. Top speed right now?

The Hedgehog
10-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Breaking ribs suck. Been there, done that a few times. I feel for ya Bill.
On the plus side, glad the ZX is running well. Top speed right now?

I have still not broken 96 yet. I will have to do some prop testing to get much more out of it.

I am getting more confident running at speed these days though.

I run in the 80's a pretty good bit. It is a blast to cruise at 60 and give it a little squeeze. It runs from 60 to mid 80's real fast. 90 comes pretty good too. The boat is a blast and is comfortable to run in all day.

osur866
10-02-2008, 01:08 AM
I slipped on the hydrahoist on Sunday and cracked a few of my own ribs. Done this one myself. Was drying the boat off, ended up in the lake trying to figure which way was up! :banghead: Steve.

The Hedgehog
10-02-2008, 06:44 AM
I slipped on the hydrahoist on Sunday and cracked a few of my own ribs. Done this one myself. Was drying the boat off, ended up in the lake trying to figure which way was up! :banghead: Steve.

Sunday was a bad day for the hoist! It hurts bad.

I have seen my fall coming for some time. I will be building a platform around the bottom of mine. I had to build out the bunks for the steps first.

Barry Eller
10-02-2008, 07:10 AM

Try not to cough or sneeze!!!

If you must, carry a pillow and hold it tight to your chest...hope for the best.

Get well soon.

KerrLake
10-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Hedge, can you take out the video camera again. Give us a 90 mph fly by!

The Hedgehog
10-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Hedge, can you take out the video camera again. Give us a 90 mph fly by!

I plan to! I will need to recruit a camera holder:eek:

fasttrucker
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
My 22zx is coming back out of the shop on sat.I blew my top gears on the alphia.Also had a S.S.drive trim pump bracket installed :cool:no more rust!There was a small trim pump/trim-tab pump leak and we are checking on that too.I hope we will figure that one out.Ill be in the water sunday, high temp will be low 70,s.Iam hoping to sell my 350mag and alphia drive.Anyone here that helps me out I will make a donation to the board.I wonder what my boat would be like at 90!:cool!:

The Hedgehog
10-03-2008, 12:29 PM
My 22zx is coming back out of the shop on sat.I blew my top gears on the alphia.Also had a S.S.drive trim pump bracket installed :cool:no more rust!There was a small trim pump/trim-tab pump leak and we are checking on that too.I hope we will figure that one out.Ill be in the water sunday, high temp will be low 70,s.Iam hoping to sell my 350mag and alphia drive.Anyone here that helps me out I will make a donation to the board.I wonder what my boat would be like at 90!:cool!:

I would think that 90 would be very interesting.:pimp:

How much of a pita was it to do the trim pump bracket? I was thinking about doing mine.

How is the "plan" coming? Sounds like a BB so far!

kramsay1234
10-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I would like to take a blast across the lake in my boat at 90mph. Can anyone give me a tow??

The Hedgehog
10-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Try not to cough or sneeze!!!
If you must, carry a pillow and hold it tight to your chest...hope for the best.
Get well soon.

Finally starting to do a little better, thanks.

brwn234
10-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Hedgehog, I did my SS trim bracket at the beginning of the year. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you turn off all your power, since power goes to the trim constantly. It only took sparks one time for me to figure that out. Also make sure you get SS hardware to remount everything to the new bracket, should only be 4 or 5 bolts and some screws.
The best price I found was www.ebasicpower.com (http://www.ebasicpower.com).

The Hedgehog
10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Hedgehog, I did my SS trim bracket at the beginning of the year. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you turn off all your power, since power goes to the trim constantly. It only took sparks one time for me to figure that out. Also make sure you get SS hardware to remount everything to the new bracket, should only be 4 or 5 bolts and some screws.
The best price I found was www.ebasicpower.com (http://www.ebasicpower.com).

That is a good tip. I have been known to make sparks from time to time.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Well this is one ZX Boy that is NEVER QUIET!
Great boating year thus far, for once I was home half a season, between Iraq and Iran my schedule is busy. I guess we would all fight for 70 Virgins....
But this has been a great year, the Donzi has ran flawless, and has since purchase, give or take a small issue here and there.
Racking up some hours (broke 200 finally!) and having a blast!!!! I think next weekend is it for us, time to winterize and save $1000 a month vice going to the pump!
Bryan

The Hedgehog
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Well this is one ZX Boy that is NEVER QUIET!
Great boating year thus far, for once I was home half a season, between Iraq and Iran my schedule is busy. I guess we would all fight for 70 Virgins....
But this has been a great year, the Donzi has ran flawless, and has since purchase, give or take a small issue here and there.
Racking up some hours (broke 200 finally!) and having a blast!!!! I think next weekend is it for us, time to winterize and save $1000 a month vice going to the pump!
Bryan

Nice,

the boat is not bad either.:pimp:

BigGrizzly
10-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Maybe we can get some money out of Hydro-hoyst seems like it is a attractive nuance. Hedge, I have a 10 rib on mine and is fine. I just lost 3/4 ribs at Fort Walton rally, Took out a knife cut the shredded pieces off and kept going. You have to realize the belt is over 9 years and well over 800 hours old. It is the only belt I didn't have on board:nilly:. I do run mine tight, sort of. When you want to break a hundred let me know.

The Hedgehog
10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Maybe we can get some money out of Hydro-hoyst seems like it is a attractive nuance. Hedge, I have a 10 rib on mine and is fine. I just lost 3/4 ribs at Fort Walton rally, Took out a knife cut the shredded pieces off and kept going. You have to realize the belt is over 9 years and well over 800 hours old. It is the only belt I didn't have on board:nilly:. I do run mine tight, sort of. When you want to break a hundred let me know.

I am going to clamp down on mine some more.

You really should market those 10 rib belts!

I am starting to think about 100. You will be the first call when it is time. You got Tex to 93. That is very impressive.

BigGrizzly
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
My belt was stock on the old 7psi unit I just got the pulley to do 4.7. Don't want 7psi- too much for my combination, I would rather boat then fix, but after 8 years of trouble free running It caught up to me, I must have been getting too lax on maintenance.

The Hedgehog
10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
My belt was stock on the old 7psi unit I just got the pulley to do 4.7. Don't want 7psi- too much for my combination, I would rather boat then fix, but after 8 years of trouble free running It caught up to me, I must have been getting too lax on maintenance.

8 years is stellar. Nice work.

BigGrizzly
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Some times you get lucky.

fasttrucker
10-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I would think that 90 would be very interesting.:pimp:
How much of a pita was it to do the trim pump bracket? I was thinking about doing mine.
How is the "plan" coming? Sounds like a BB so far!
The plan is in trouble.......it seems the wife did not like my downsizing from my 28zx to the 22zx.......looks like I might sell and go to a 26zx.You know you work hard and play hard.Then you get............The trim pump bracket was easy to install I gave it to my shop and said here it is.:rolleyes:He put it on for free when he fixed the alphia-1 drive.The insurance company paid for a new upper case.My meck. does things like that ive had a lot of things over the years done for no charge.gauges,bezel a new starter.Hey, it keeps me a loyal customer:worthy::worthy::worthy:

BUIZILLA
10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
he fixed the alphia-1 drive. what's an Alphia ??

fasttrucker
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
what's an Alphia ??Its the latsest wthing froom a spein teste i toook inn 6 gradde.
:kingme: