PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Calendar Ready 1000 Islands Rendevous 09

Shanghied Again
09-30-2008, 08:52 PM
The North East Donzi Club is back with a new menu for 2009, Just waiting for Poker Runs America to set the date for the 1000 Islands Poker Run then we will be set. I figure it should be around the 9th of August. I will be towing My Donzi 33ZX behind a Suburban:eek: this should be fun. Now the Fun..
Agenda or No Agenda this is a Rendevous and we are meeting to have fun.
The Agenda: Thursday: Castle ours we will start off going to Singer Castle and if you wish dock and take a tour of this amazing Castle.. Then its off to Lunch "Boxy" Choice after Lunch we head to Heart Island to Bolt Castle after the Tour we go back to A-Bay and its Party Time.
FRIDAY: We leave early and head to Kingston Ontario about a 30 minute ride from A-Bay, we dock at town docks and enjoy the day on the docks and streets "Kingston Turns into Poker Run Town" over 100+ Boats at the docks. Boats on the street, Team Donzi with there ZRC, Aquamania with there ZRs and Classics on display, Poker Runs America Trailers, Boats, MTI, Outerlimits, Cigarette and My Way all on the street "Kingston shuts main st" Hey you may even run into Dan Akroid he stops by so does Albert Hainsworth of the Titans he owns an MTI. Now for the ladies Kingston Has more shops in a Square Mile then Key West. Hungry well Margaritville has lunch written all over it. after Kingston we de-part around 6pm and head back to A-Bay "Party Time"
SATURDAY: Poker Run Day we depart from A-Bay and head towards Singer Castle "Front Row Seat" Set anchor, raft for those who have fenders, Put up Our Donzi Flags and wait for the Poker Run Boats to Blow By let me tell you I have ran in this Poker Run since 2001 this will be the first year I will see it from a view with over 3000 Spectators this is the ultimate run. boats will blow by some over 160mph "Bring Your Camera" then after the boats go by "Boxy will take us to a close by cove" So bring snacks. Then its Back to A-Bay for our final night, awards and Party.
Go to www.northeastdonziclub.com

glashole
10-01-2008, 06:24 AM
I have been to "a close by cove" and it is worth the trip alone :nilly:

roadtrip se
10-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Very interesting...

glashole
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
if its the cove I am thinking about there is a raft off of about 4-500 boats

and a little event that goes by the name "Pirates weekend" in the nearest town.................

Dr. Dan
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
:worthy:I have missed 1000 Isles, I would hope you could still get some spots at the Edgewood Resort.... its a great facility and the nicest slips/docks of any Event I attend.

:biggrin.:If its not too tight to other commitments I will endeavor to bring the Crew from the Atlantic Coast....be afraid.

Doc of Freighter Wakes & Early Bird Specials :kingme:

Shanghied Again
10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
I am going to get the date nailed down fast! 1000 Island Poker Run is the same weekend as Pirate weekend in A-Bay and we will want to get the hotel and slips locked. Hey Doc bring em up the more the merry as we always say.. My boat will be the official booze boat (2) coolers (1) fridge and a cooler under the rear seat can hold a lot of booze:biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
:biggrin.: Frank I would love to make it work...I might be able to bring about 6 boats or more...

I was talking to Undertaker about it at Dinner last nite, so he is interested, I am sure Haver and Dwight would do it. Brad and Amy, and I have a few others up my sleeve.

Shea says all I need is a Plastic Gas Tank - :worthy: No stinkin Alcohol... maybe by then I will have my boat back together....:angel:

Maybe we can get Boxy into actual "Boat Ownership" by then? I think Matty & Marie would come...maybe we could also get his friend Kenny with his 20' Cig. I think I can talk Pearson into coming over also.

So I will get it all going... I just need a firm date to lock it up. Keep me posted. :thumbsup:

Doc of Spontaneous Event Sponsorship :tase::screwy:

boxy
10-03-2008, 08:10 AM
I had a few phone calls, and a few PM's I wanted to make before I posted here. They're done, so here I am.

The first thing Frank and I want everyone to be sure about is that like every other Donzi event that has taken place in the 1000 Islands, the routing for this event will be driven by the smallest boat that wants to run.

Poker Run weekend is like no other weekend in the Islands, Frank dropped a 0 when he mentioned the spectators. Depending on weather, there will be 30,000 - 50,000 spectators on land and on the water, and there still is room for everyone.

Unlike past events this one will be a little more stuctured, but there will still be time for lots of open running.
There is an inside Channel behind where we will raft up for the Poker Run, that will have no US traffic, or Poker Run Traffic, it will be perfect for some Classic running.

CHACHI
10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
The spectators are spead over some 60-65 miles of river. As Boxey said, lots of room for everyone.

Ken

MOP
10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Ken and I covered last years run, it took several hours but was excellent. You can watch the before % after lunch runs by moving about 15 miles north you can see the run to the bridge where they let it all hang out. Bonnie and I were amazed a "My Way" you can see under the boat when it is running hard, hard means it is blowing by all the rest. The end of that Ken was pushing the rope!!!!!

kramsay1234
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Sounds great. I wanted to tow my boat that way next season for some running. Especially if I am chasing the "booze boat".

roadtrip se
10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
at the Midwest Donzi Club.

Short hop, skip, and a border crossing or two and we're there... Just leave your hand gun license at home
or the stops can be a bit longer with a couple of questions thrown in.

Ditto, on some partial boat re-assembly being required on this front....

Paging Atomic Carl and Patti, Byron, Jerry, Mick, Trueser, and the list goes on. You know the drill... Maybe even a couple of the Cig 20 boys.

Make it so Frank and Boxy.

Shanghied Again
10-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I am not one that downs other boats and yes we are a Donzi club. My thought is this. If they are boaters and love the thrill of performance boats all are welcome. Heck I think the Crazy Charlie wants to join us and he owns a 39 Velocity. :party: Boxy is working on the Edgwood It looks like this will be the around August 7-8 in that area "Pirates Weekend" Also in A-Bay "WOW" a whole bunch of things to do, so to fit the crowd we have to fly a Pirates Flag at the dock. Heck I will put one on my anchor light pole..

MOP
10-05-2008, 01:29 PM
This year it will be essential to book rooms well ahead, many of the folks that come for Pirates/Poker run weekend book in the very early spring. Tents are acceptable!!!!!!!!!

boxy
10-17-2008, 03:09 PM
The date has been set.

The 2009 North East Donzi Club 1000 Islands run will be August 6th to August 9th.

Don't book your rooms yet, we are still discussing a few things, and we will have more information soon.

younger
12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Got my holidays booked, should be great!

boxy
12-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Watch for a new thread soon.....

Hotel and Marina are almost booked....

Dr. Dan
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
:popcorn:Hey Box of Wine Breath? Ya got a lock on the Edgewood or what? Ya last posted October 17th, I know this is rushing or a hurry up and wait type of deal....but some of us are planning on taking over the World in 2009 and I need my schedule to firm up a tad.

Let me know Brotha...from anotha Mutha. :nilly:

I might Venture up...with the Pantera to join the fun.

Lake George DustOff is the 12,13 & 14th of June
Lake Winnie Poker Run is early this year on the 25th of July

So this would be 2 weeks out from Winnie!

Doc of No Place To Stay Because Boxy & Frank are slow finalizing plans:cool!:

boxy
12-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Doc, I am just waiting for booking confirmations from the Hotel, but I will tell you this, due to overall Management Malaise we will not be staying at the Edgewood.

We are heading slightly North, look for a complete annoucement sometime in the next few days..... maybe even this afternoon if I get everything squared away for tonight, and crack the Patron early ....

PS : keep your cell phones on, remote shots needed later this evening....

roadtrip se
12-31-2008, 01:05 PM
We drink corn squeezins of the single barrel or small batch bourbon whiskey variety in these here parts... but I am game for a remote.

Danny, mark your calendar. Think border crossing at Alex Bay and you're golden. Time for a new venue any way.

mattyboy
12-31-2008, 03:49 PM
will not be around a pc tonite but will do a few shots in perpitude with you guys

no to kill ya or ky burbon I have a 50 yr old kask of tullamore dew that we will open tonite could be very smooth or it could have eaten the porcelain of the kask and be rot gut in that case a new bottle of gentleman jack will have to do ;)

hoping Marie and I can make the event but i have a feeling that is move in weekend for Jamie we'll see

Last Real Texan
12-31-2008, 04:10 PM
the 9th of August. I will be towing My Donzi 33ZX behind a Suburban:eek: this should be fun.[/url] More like Dangerous as heck...let me know what road you are on so I can steer clear of it.....Just ribbin ya Frank:wink:, but do be careful, lots of boat for a Suburban....:crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

Tex

boxy
12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
will not be around a pc tonite but will do a few shots in perpitude with you guys
no to kill ya or ky burbon I have a 50 yr old kask of tullamore dew that we will open tonite could be very smooth or it could have eaten the porcelain of the kask and be rot gut in that case a new bottle of gentleman jack will have to do ;)
hoping Marie and I can make the event but i have a feeling that is move in weekend for Jamie we'll see

Best of the evening to you and Marie Matty. Let me know how that Dew turns out .... :yes:

Air 22
12-31-2008, 09:36 PM
:biggrin.: Frank I would love to make it work...I might be able to bring about 6 boats or more...
I was talking to Undertaker about it at Dinner last nite, so he is interested, I am sure Haver and Dwight would do it. Brad and Amy, and I have a few others up my sleeve.
Shea says all I need is a Plastic Gas Tank - :worthy: No stinkin Alcohol... maybe by then I will have my boat back together....:angel:
Maybe we can get Boxy into actual "Boat Ownership" by then? I think Matty & Marie would come...maybe we could also get his friend Kenny with his 20' Cig. I think I can talk Pearson into coming over also.
So I will get it all going... I just need a firm date to lock it up. Keep me posted. :thumbsup:
Doc of Spontaneous Event Sponsorship :tase::screwy:

Im in..and my wingman Bravo One is in....get us the dates+hotel info and were a GO....Sounds like a great weekend!:wink: Two events to watch the big boys run..sweeeeeeet!:yes::cool:

Shanghied Again
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
More like Dangerous as heck...let me know what road you are on so I can steer clear of it.....Just ribbin ya Frank:wink:, but do be careful, lots of boat for a Suburban....:crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:
Tex
I had the Suburban beefed up to a 3500 from 1500, New suspension, springs, and brakes. The trailer has disc on all three axles, We pulled the boat from NJ to Maryland for Rock the Bay Poker Run and she pulled strong with no sway at 70 mph. Its just the big hills that got me worried my 350 V8 is now pushing 310HP instead of 185 so the power is there.

Dr. Dan
01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
:cool!:Frank and Box, do we have any more firm info on this Event yet? If not I will just book a room up in A-Bay or whereever and be ready to go... I have some friends that want to attend so I am getting some pressure...even though we have plenty of time.

Let me know.

Danny :popcorn:

mattyboy
01-31-2009, 10:00 AM
well what is the old saying I have good news and I have bad news

good news is Jamie got a 50% scholarship to the Univ Of New Haven in CT one of the 2 schools in the country that has the major she wants marine vertibrate biology with a chance for another 25% scholarship. :) :yes: she will be spending alot of time out on the long island sound

the bad news her classes start early and that is move in weekend :( i am gonna miss 1k islands it is an awesome venue for an event

Air 22
01-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Boxy and Frank....any info on where we are staying? Phone numbers, rates websites?
Were waaaaaaaaaating????????
POODLE...I have room if ya wanna ride:) its only a HP500EFI...sorry best I could do...lol:boggled::nilly:..I fly...You Buy...:kingme::pimp::beer::rock:

boxy
01-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Doc, do not book a room in ABay...... :cool:

I will post all of the info tomorrow, or Monday at the latest. I'm just waiting for the Docking/Marina confirmation, and we are all set. The Hotel has blocked out our rooms.

This is going to be a 1000 Islands event like no other.

I'm even working on an Agenda ...... :nilly::nilly: