PDA

View Full Version : Lake Winni Report (NH)

DonziJon
09-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Well: We just got back from 17 days in the cabin on Lake Winnpesaukee. I had previously (May) obtained my "NASBLA Certificate" authorising me to oprerate a vessel on the lakes and waters of New Hampshire. There had been reports about "zealous" enforcement of WHATEVER rules and regulations on the lake earlier in the season.

We arrived on the lake on the 12th of September with the Minx. We got home yesterday.

During the entire time we were on the lake, .. We NEVER SAW a Marine Patrol Boat...period. We have been going up to the lake the same time every year for about 12 years (with the Minx)) and have noted the MP Patrol Patterns over the years. They always "Lerked" around in the next cove. They were absent this year.

This was the First Year that "Safety Certificates" were Manditory for EVERYONE. Next year will be the First Year for the new Manditory Speed Limits on the lake. 45/25. (Winni ONLY)

Last year the age (NH) for strapping on a PSD to your kid was 5 years old. Now it's 13. Watch Out boaters. John

mphatc
09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Have you always been to Winni in the off season?

If fuel prices stay high we'll have only 1 season of the speed limit, as it is only a trial . . although I do feel certain areas of the lake need some severe speed restrictions on certain days of the week! Like from light bouy #1 to the channel should be headway speed only . .

Mario L.
on Chip Island in Wolfeboro

DonziJon
10-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Have you always been to Winni in the off season?
If fuel prices stay high we'll have only 1 season of the speed limit, as it is only a trial . . although I do feel certain areas of the lake need some severe speed restrictions on certain days of the week! Like from light bouy #1 to the channel should be headway speed only . .
Mario L.
on Chip Island in Wolfeboro

YUP: Wev'e always gone up to the lake after Labor Day, and for the past few years the last half of September. We like it quiet with the tourists gone. Even then, we wouldn't usually go out in the "The Broads" on weekends because of the "Chop" caused by other boats. We only have a Minx. This year was very quiet. Got our gas over at Fays in Glendale (Non Ethonal) for $4.15/gal for 89 Octane. Fays said that they will be switching over to Ethonal in the spring. John

PS: Is that "Chip" Island or "Ship" Island?