PDA

View Full Version : member's hometown

fwi
09-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Would it be possible to have each member's hometown location just under their avatar?

Ed Donnelly
09-28-2008, 01:23 PM
The Harbourman or the Maddog can do anything:biggrin.: ...Ed

Marlin275
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
That was a great feature that we lost.
Helped with those, "In my area", posts.

harbormaster
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
The problem with this is that the field that contains the home town also contains the stree address for some members. If we could get everyone to go to their profile and fix it I would turn it back on....

tonytaylor30525
09-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Good idea, would like to connect AND promote in my area !
Mine's fixed . (Almost sounds like a brag ! other than the dog , NUTIN' much of mine seems "fixed" ! ! ! ) :lookaroun:

LoneStar
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
This is the harbormaster. I am using my test account since my admin account sees everything. I have the state now being displayed. Ther are alot of folks who value their privacy and probanbly do not want their town displayed. You can search by state and email folks to see if they are in your area.

Scot VanAlstine - The Harbormaster

fwi
09-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Ther are alot of folks who value their privacy and probanbly do not want their town displayed.
Scot VanAlstine - The Harbormaster

OK, no need for street address, but hometown and state is good!

MOP
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Boy now I know I am pushing it!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to the member map? That was neat you could see the areas of concentration all over the world:outtahere:

Barry Eller
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Would it be possible to have each member's hometown location just under their avatar?

I typed mine in. Go to User CP.

Ed Donnelly
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Barry; after I go to user CP, what do I do..
I can't even find my lost avitar.......:confused:....Ed

Barry Eller
09-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Barry; after I go to user CP, what do I do..
I can't even find my lost avitar.......:confused:....Ed
I see locations are now displayed...good job Harbormaster.

Ed, open user CP, then click "Edit Your Details" in "Your Profile", scroll down to Optional Information, then enter in "Custom User Title" what ever you want..."Wrinkled Member" etc.

Settings and options is where you can edit your avatar. If you have a photo in your My Pictures file that you want to use as your avatar, click "browse" in the custom avatar section and it will open your documents where you should have your photos saved.

HIGH LIFE
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Harbormaster, Thanks for including members state,helps a lot. HIGH LIFE

chappy
10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Boy now I know I am pushing it!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to the member map? That was neat you could see the areas of concentration all over the world:outtahere:

Here ya go Captain.

http://www.frappr.com/donziregistry/map

:boat: