PDA

View Full Version : Whats my 350mag+alphia drive worth?

fasttrucker
09-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Iam thinking about selling my 2002 350 mag/300hp less then 100 hours.Also my aphia drive.Might have to sell sep.keeping the helmet.Found a 454 with a bravo it has been worked on by my meck,s speed shop.440hp. should do the trick in my 22zx.If I sell it here on the board,I would make a donation to scot.The only thing I would do is maybe replace the risers/exhaust manf. they are still good but The motor was run in salt water for the first 45 hours and there is a little rust spot on top of the left riser.The alphia drive has new top gear case with zero hours.I need to figure this out.Iam going to refinance the boat with the bank to get the cash for this.

Lenny
09-27-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking about $5500 if it is ALL there.

Just from experience.

Dr. Dan
09-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Iam thinking about selling my 2002 350 mag/300hp less then 100 hours.Also my aphia drive.Might have to sell sep.keeping the helmet.Found a 454 with a bravo it has been worked on by my meck,s speed shop.440hp. should do the trick in my 22zx.If I sell it here on the board,I would make a donation to scot.The only thing I would do is maybe replace the risers/exhaust manf. they are still good but The motor was run in salt water for the first 45 hours and there is a little rust spot on top of the left riser.The alphia drive has new top gear case with zero hours.I need to figure this out.Iam going to refinance the boat with the bank to get the cash for this.

Bill---- Do what you want...but its a bad idea to "Refi" to fund the new power... especially right now. You will pay dearly in interest. Put it up for Sale...then add to it once you get the cash from the Engine or Drive Package Sale...or just wait until you get the Cash. In a small way...this is exactly why ...alot of the economic Goof Balls are Freaking right now.

Cash is King...if you don't have it... wait until you do...IMO Trust me in the future ... you will be better off. Ask me how I know this! :worthy:

I don't think anyone should be embarassed to live within their means.... what a novel concept.

Good Luck...BTW your boat looks great as I said at the Creek... I would just relax and enjoy it, its never gonna be a Bullet. And if it gets too much power...well ...thats an entire other subject.

Doc of Copious Amounts of Lost Wages :smash:

BUIZILLA
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
+ 1 with Danny boy...

MOP
09-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Point #2 being a frugal SB if the Krap hits the fan you will still be able to afford running it, better then being dockside with a BB!

fasttrucker
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Does a 454 weight less then a 502?...This deal Iam thinking about doing also has the switch from a alphia to bravo-1.My shop owns this set-up and hes making me a sweet deal.A winter project,it would be ready for next season.But to pull it off, I will need to sell the 350mag and alphia first.Hey lenny sell my set-up!:worthy:I was checking another site and they have a guy www.cobrapower.com who has a recondition 383 stroker scorpion engine 400hp SB $14,300.also has 383 stroker mag 350hp $9,375.00.Iam going to keep this boat for two more seasons untill my semi is paid-off.I just cant see me going slow for two more years.:outtahere: what if I die tomorow:confused:Anyway thats the plan for now...........2002 350mag and alphia drive(new top gears) for sale:nilly:

kramsay1234
09-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey Fast - you only live once and if its within your means then go for it. With 440hp you should be about the same as what I am running with the 502 and you will pick up 10 mph or so. Your other option is a blower on your 350, but I like the idea of turn key 454 in your boat. Only warning is the boat will be slower to plane. There is a lot more weight back there, but its not bad really. Maybe someone with a 16 will want to step up in power and buy your setup??

BUIZILLA
09-28-2008, 10:48 AM
there is a 22ZX that attends the Hometown Rally each year that is a blown 350

if you ever saw that thing run, you'd never go down the big block road

stick a Bravo on your boat, and pressurize the mouse..

fasttrucker
10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
there is a 22ZX that attends the Hometown Rally each year that is a blown 350
if you ever saw that thing run, you'd never go down the big block road
stick a Bravo on your boat, and pressurize the mouse..
That would be the thing to do if I had that much cash.This big block switch is a lot cheaper,that is if I can sell my SB and alphia for $5500.00 I listed it here and on offshore only.