PDA

View Full Version : So I Have A Friend....

Dr. Dan
09-19-2008, 09:49 PM
:screwy:So I have a friend that has a 1993 - 22 Classic with a King Cobra Drive, a few years ago(2004) he repowered the whole thing with an HP500EFI, since then he replaced the Rear Seat by Built-Rite (single peice back) and replaced the Dash, Gauges and the GPS Speedo...Steering Wheel and is currently having the 2004 Performance Custom Trailer completely rebuilt and painted.

I am told this is a serious performing boat, very turn key and has been well cared for...sparing no expense. My friend asked me to check and see what the Market Value would be for a 22 Classic so equipt. (oh and I almost forgot...he will have full hydraulic steering added by Spring 2009) .

So give me your best guess.... I will pass it on...

Thanks In Advance...

Doc of the Uncomitted :lame2:

need for speed
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
o boy I think I know him:wink:

roadtrip se
09-20-2008, 09:08 AM
I'd say $30-35K.

How fast does it go?

Dr. Dan
09-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I'd say $30-35K.
How fast does it go?

:smash: Not Fast Enough Apparently...I do know when it was originally purchased the 454 took it to a blistering 59.5 mph!!!

I heard he tolerated that pace for a few years (4 yrs) then he put in another stock engine...just a different color... this friend is really into color....he didn't like the Charcoal Grey in the Engine Bay...especially compared to the Blue, and the Chrome, and the Bling and the White Bilge Kote, and the Offshore Solid Motor Mounts...oh they match the Engine too - did I mention that?

I think it breaks 65mph now...but a "Professional Race Boat Driver" I am sure could take it faster....maybe even 68mph.

Doc of Liquidated Assets :doh:

boxy
09-20-2008, 09:26 AM
A case of smoked Salmon, a big box of Cubans, a barrel of Maple Syrup, and a cooler of assorted MicroBrews.....

If that doesn't work, I'll start tapping trees right away, you tell AirBoy if he gives you 30 large for it, you'll set up a supply line of Maple Sugar candy for him ( he loves the stuff, I think it's the battery that makes him run like the Energizer bunny)
:D :D

BigGrizzly
09-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Whew, I though he was going to start with that pimple thing.

BUIZILLA
09-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I hear tell blue engine's are for Republican's... and gray engines are for Democrat's??

any truth to that rumor?

I think Ranman could use a couple Whipple's on his rig... wow, what an animal that would be..

zelatore
09-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I hear tell blue engine's are for Republican's... and gray engines are for Democrat's??
any truth to that rumor?
I think Ranman could use a couple Whipple's on his rig... wow, what an animal that would be..

You mean Republicans run Crusaders and Democrats run Ilmors?
Wow! I never knew!

And just for the record, my latest boat (at the office) has WHITE cats in it. WHITE! Call me a traditionalist, but Cats are supposed to be YELLOW!

Tony
09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
any truth to that rumor?

Too funny...especially since my engine and outdrive are Volvo gray!

:beer:

BUIZILLA
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Call me a traditionalist, but Cats are supposed to be YELLOW! they are... if they have buckets and tracks... :)

mattyboy
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Dan the important thing is to let you friend know there are people that can help with his problem he is not alone, I saw something like this on an ABC after school special, we have a guy in jersey that can make this all go away for the right price
on a side note i have a friend who has been looking at omc 22's and they range from the low end 10k to 20k and by far none are as nice as your friends or rigged anywhere near what your friend has and with the updates he has done i would imagine he would be in the high 20 low 30's

BUIZILLA
09-22-2008, 10:20 AM
as far as value,,, at one of the Homecoming events someone put it to me this way..

65mph = 15-18k
70mph = 20-23k
75mph = 25-28k
80mph = 20-35k

if it's a Critter, add 70-100% to those numbers

I thought, at the time, it was wise advice

I guess, it's all relevant...

Dr. Dan
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
:angel:Well - imagine my shock when my friend called me and said he had sold his boat for $42,500 this past weekend......... I told him he was nucking futz! No one in their Right Mind would pay that for his boat...he agreed! He said the guy didn't seem quite right...but his money is as green as anyone elses! The offer seem to be too good to pass on... apparently the transaction will not physically take place for a little while yet...something to do with location of the Boat or Trailer or both?

Hmmm.

Who woulda thunk it....:doh:

....Later On in a Nearby Villa...plans were unfolding for yet another Tale to be hatched.... stay tuned!

Man I hope I can get that kinda money for my boat when I go to sell it? :crossfing:

Doc of Reckless Abandon :popcorn:

need for speed
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
:wink:wow.... so is it a sure thing your buddy sold it?

mattyboy
09-22-2008, 02:19 PM
can your friend lend me some money :tongue:

slapshot11
09-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Does the guy who bought your friends boat have any more friends with $42,000?

Team Jefe
09-23-2008, 06:54 AM
WOW, I had a dream about such a boat....though I'm sure I've never met your friend....in this dream I was riding with a guy who's face was obscured by the tears in my eyes from all that speed (it must have been your friend). Still I was able to see we were on a beautiful lake with lots of trees, it was not very hot, but that could have been the speed, not sure. I was kicked back trying to look nonchalant as we flew past a 35ft fountain...I seem to recall the driver of that boat was not happy about the situation.....which made me smile:).

I woke up from that dream feeling very good.....that sounds like a boat that is worth LOTS of money. I'm sure the guy who is buying your firend's boat knows this full well.

Tell him good luck with the sale, from me.....as well as any new project he may be undertaking.

Barry Eller
09-23-2008, 07:52 AM
:angel:Well - imagine my shock when my friend called me and said he had sold his boat for $42,500 this past weekend.........

It must have had a full tank of gas to bring that much $$$$ !!!:smash: