PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna be BUSY!

onesubdrvr
09-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, the other day I was hanging out in the garage when a package showed up,.... :wink:

Didn't think much about it at the time, just kind of looked at it and must say, everything fell in to place with what I was supposed to do with it.

But then, a couple of weeks later, I get a 2nd package :confused: a little more baffled by this one, I had to get the noggin working, so I made a couple of phone calls, and it appears as there is a 3rd one (a Cat hull) heading this way too :eek:

3 paint jobs,... wow, I guess I'd better get started!

The Zr is first, the other V 2nd and the Cat (when it gets here) 3rd. Pictures as work progresses.

Wayne

McGary911
09-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Looks like someone likes your work, huh? I've seen some sick flame jobs on RC boats. Be sure to post pics as you go along. They'd be great for your website too.

I just used the decals that came with my SV-27 :boggled:

BUT....I did get a white boat in case I get ambitions in the future... :wink:

onesubdrvr
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
There will be lots of pictures for sure, I guarantee that drool will be flowing on at least these two,.... I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the cat hull when it gets here.

The 1st one is a 49" Aeromarine Donzi hull, for someone else, and the paint job has been discussed, the decisions have been made, and it will be AWESOME when done!

the 2nd is made by a guy in the middle of the country, is 51" long, and is an original design. This one is mine, and will be a "factory" boat if you will - my main concern with this one is just to paint it. I will eventually power it, but in the mean time, it's just a canvas. Also, I got this to see if I wanted to sell his hulls or not. The outside is flawless, but the inside isn't very profesional looking. I'll see how it turns out after I paint the bilge, but may not get another one of these. The paint job on this one is going to be a blue-red chamelon paint with a white (pearl white) stripe down the middle (just like a classic), that will then make a 1/8" border around my logo (located on the foredeck, just infront of the canopy), then continue over the canopy to the transom. The windscreen will actually be painted silver metal flake with a ghosting of "Claw R/C" across it. I'm going to throw some other details on it too (R/C related "race" stickers), and some different coloring in the shallow "vent" areas on the back of the hatch, and it should look awesome when I'm done.

The Cat hull that is coming is 60" long. It again is a original design, and there hasn't been any talk about the design yet, I really need to see it and get some creative juices flowing.

They are all going on the website as soon as they are done, and I'll post pictures up here as the work progresses.

I've been thinking about getting an SV-27, and "supersizing" the motor and batteries for it. - Makes a good, quiet pond boat for sure!!

Wayne

DonziFreak
09-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Have you started work yet? You lazy bum.... :biggrin.:

onesubdrvr
09-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Have you started work yet? You lazy bum.... :biggrin.:

I ought to smack 'ya :wink:,..... waiting on paint to be delivered by Mr. Postman

C Ya