PDA

View Full Version : TMANN's House, Boat & Hurricane IKE

harbormaster
09-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I was able to get past the police checkpoint today to check on "TMANN". His first floor had water running through it. It picked up his 22 classic and deposited it in the hedges. It was then completely submerged. It will rise again. I am sure of it.

His roof was compromised and the ceiling on the second floor fell in. Luckily they took refuge in Dallas before the storm....

Everyone is safe. Everyone think kind thoughts for Phillip and his family.

harbormaster
09-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Here are some photos of his neighborhood, street, and boat. Out of respect, I could not bring myself to shoot photos of the devastation inside what remains of his home. Phillip was really upbeat considering his life is upside down right now.

I consider myself to be a macho guy But Honestly I was close to tears driving through the neighborhood and seeing everyone's lives piled up along the street; couches funiture etc. The folks were slaving away trying to clean up the mess. It was really sad. I feel truly lucky to have what I have.

zelatore
09-18-2008, 09:53 AM
That's a rough situation indeed. Makes you pause and say thanks.

I've never experience a hurricane (or it's aftermath) but I remember driving through tornado areas and seeing entire neighborhoods leveled on one side of the block and everything standing just fine on the other. Very surreal.

BigGrizzly
09-18-2008, 10:40 AM
We have been lucky here nothing else to say.

TMANN
09-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks so much Scott. I appreciate you stopping by to checking on us.
This whole situation is DUMB... Here are few pictures and videos of my house during the hurricane. The videos were the day before the hurricane even started. Still sunny outside but lots of water in the house. The pictures are two days after it hit. It took quite a while for the water to leave. The water rise was incredible in Clear Lake. Anyways it is a total loss for us so we will start over and build bigger... and faster... :wink: The boat started on the right side of the house and ended up on the left. Then sank. Anyways we are doing fine and look forward to being back in it as soon as possible.

penbroke
09-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow, what a mess. I'm glad you are all OK. Good luck with the rebuild.

Frank
Shoveling snow don't sound so bad...

JimG
09-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Phil, if there is anything that Janet or I can do just say the word. Or if you need to get away for a day, Change of Pace is all yours...

gcarter
09-20-2008, 07:30 AM
So are you building on the same piece of property, or are you moving somewhere higher?

Jraysray
09-21-2008, 09:50 AM
The boat started on the right side of the house and ended up on the left. Then sank. Anyways we are doing fine and look forward to being back in it as soon as possible.

WOW!!! Someone was telling me how he put the plugs in his boat prior to the storm. Both boats filled with water blew the tires on his trailers and remained close to where he left them prior to the storm.

He wanted them to sink or at least stay close to home. It worked!

Look at all of the total losses that floated. Heartbreaking!

f_inscreenname
09-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Scott you are good guy no matter what M/P says about you.:wink:

TMANN
My heart breaks for you bro. I couldn't even think about loosing everything and the boat sinking at the same time would be to much for me.
I commend your spirit. I have no clue what I could offer you but the offer is there for you and the "first Scott".
Good luck and don't forget about us as easy as one could with what you are going through.
Mark

TMANN
09-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone. Here are some neat pictures my neighbor took from his house the day after. His home is about 14 feet higher than everyone on the street. Great pictures. They are not small pictures so if you are on dial-up you might not want to click on them. They are panoramic pics of our street after the water had gone down about two feet.
http://www.x3connect.com/flood/ikefrontyard.jpg
http://www.x3connect.com/flood/ikebackyard.jpg (http://www.x3connect.com/flood/ikefrontyard.jpg)
TMANN