PDA

View Full Version : Got my dog a Hedgehog!

The Hedgehog
09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I picked up a Hedgehog for my yellow lab puppy (Roger) at the advice of Weasel and others. He loves it. It is his favorite toy. He likes to run around the house while squeaking it. For some reason he passes other squeaky toy for it every time. Go figure.

I will try to get a pick

Donzi Vol
09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I picked up a Hedgehog for my yellow lab puppy (Roger) at the advice of Weasel and others. He loves it. It is his favorite toy. He likes to run around the house while squeaking it. For some reason he passes other squeaky toy for it every time. Go figure.

I will try to get a pick

Very nice! A friend of mine has an obsession with hedgehogs. I may have to suggest this to her.

The Hedgehog
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Very nice! A friend of mine has an obsession with hedgehogs. I may have to suggest this to her.

I will have to keep those hundreds of thoughts that are racing through my head to myself:eek!:

The Hedgehog
09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Let me get this straight: A easel told ya to buy a Hedgehog for your dog..
Sounds like one of those "eat more chiken" commercials :D :D :D

Lol
That's pretty good.

Donzi Vol
09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I will have to keep those hundreds of thoughts that are racing through my head to myself:eek!:

Haha. There are plenty, aren't there?

Rootsy
09-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Dylan can destroy just about any toy you give him short of a King kong and nylabone... I've found that regular old tennis balls actually last a long time. After a month or two it'll break where the two halves are joined. He's a friggin toy destroying machine....

Only downside... he wants to play fetch 24/7... I swear that I get tired throwing the stupid things before he's tired of chasing them.

Donziweasel
09-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Sent Hedge a pic of my lab with his favorite toy, a hedgehog. When you squeeze it, it grunts. Damn dog would walk around all day with it in his mouth. If he really wants your attention, he would just bite down and make it grunt. Pretty funny. Bill, place that sold them went out of business.

Jamie, had to replace it once a month!

zelatore
09-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Only downside... he wants to play fetch 24/7... I swear that I get tired throwing the stupid things before he's tired of chasing them.

Dogs like you, whether you want them to or not!

My girlfriend describes the difference between dogs and cats as-

Dogs are like little kids. No matter what you do, they love you and want your attention all the time.
(dog: throw the ball! throw the ball! throw the ball! throw the ball! throw the ball!)

Cats are like teenagers. They are largely independant of you and only come around when they want something.
(cat: give me food. now. good, now leave me alone)

Full Disclosure: We have neither a dog nor kids. Given that we're only home 2 days a week at best, we couldn't have either even if we wanted to.

BigGrizzly
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
OK where do you get one and what does it look like? Yea a hedghog, but really

Donziweasel
09-18-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.entirelypets.com/noname4.html

BigGrizzly
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks I am on it.

onesubdrvr
09-18-2008, 02:39 PM
When I was in highschool, I had a yellow lab / ridgeback mix,... best dog in the world, I really am sad that she's gone.

Anyway, her favorite toy was an old Esprit 50 scooter tire. I'd hold that thing over my head, then throw it so it would wheel along on the ground. She'd proceed to chase it down like a maniac, bring it back, then play tug of war with it for a couple of minutes before letting go,... then again!

No doubt that we would do it for hours on end,.... a short break, and she was at it again.

It was like a chew toy on steroids, indestructible.

Wayne