PDA

View Full Version : Fishin Sucks Tow Vehicle Club

RedDog
09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
This past weekend I joined the Fishin Sucks Tow Vehicle Club! I picked up a new to me 2004 Avalanche 4 x 4. 46K miles and in and out looks like it is right off of the show room floor. I love this truck. It is loaded with luxury options and on the highway I am getting 20 mpg (which is good since on Sunday gas in Knoxville was 5.00/gal if the station had any fuel at all).

zelatore
09-15-2008, 07:19 PM
20 mpg is pretty good. My Dodge won't touch that and it's a 2wd.

$5.00/gal??? Wow - somebody is actually paying more for gas than we are in California! :eek!:

Donzi Vol
09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Let me tell about gas prices in Knoxville. I was in Knoxville over the weekend, and then drove back up to Johnson City early this morning. Friday night gas was anywhere from 3.89/gal to 4.19/gal in Elizabethton and JC. As I drove closer to Knoxville Friday night the price gradually got higher. Saturday it peaked at $4.99/gal at all of the Pilot stations (that I saw). Well, this morning held the same trend. The further I drove away from Knoxville, the lower the price went. Bottom line is that while Pilot in Knoxville was $4.99/gal this morning, the Shell in Johnson City was $4.09. Now somebody please tell me how those two stations are facing the same pain in their cost!!!

Ok, enough about that. Tim, the new truck looks great! I've always liked the Avalanches. Enjoy!

BUIZILLA
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
the State of Fla today subpoened Pilot and 3 other retailers for gouging... they are not amused...

FISHIN SUCKS
09-15-2008, 11:49 PM
....and wait 'til you get used to those side compartments like I told you at AOTH, those are the Handiest dang things. Congratulations my brutha, she looks like a real beauty, I like the Donzi touches too! You just stay beautiful:wink:,

tom

ps. I think the 2004 will run e85, remember, paying 10% less than 87 octane is a wash, anything more (%age wise) and you're coming out ahead.

BlownCrewCab
09-16-2008, 06:05 AM
My 04 got 40+ more mile per tank full running premium than it did running midgrade. it cost $2.00 more to fill up, 40 miles for $2.00 is a bargain, try it. I Have the 6.0L motor, I'm sure yours is a 5.3.

gcarter
09-16-2008, 06:21 AM
I must of missed class the day of the Fishin' Sux club rules....:(
So the cost of admission is an Avelanche regardless of year or trim level, or is it an almost new new, but used tow vehicle?:wink:

RedDog
09-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Let me qualify the 20 mpg - that was a leisurely pace of 60 - 65 on the highway as measured by the trip computer. 60 miles round trip.

Hummm - BlownCC? I haven't read the manual (and won't be able to for a few days - on travel) and assumed regular gas was fine. Why were you running mid-grade?

FISHIN SUCKS
09-16-2008, 07:50 AM
while I have not checked to see if Myth Busters has proven this or not, I always understood that mid and hi-test gas will improve your mpg.

George, you know I am a ruler of nothing. I'm the result of a date that went to far:nilly:. While ours is an '07, I do love the conveniences of the avalanches. Rumshaker may not appreciate the side compartments 'cause he has his lifted to the moon and he is built closer to the ground than me (sorry Mike, didn't mean to make a 'short' joke).

rumshaker
09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
while I have not checked to see if Myth Busters has proven this or not, I always understood that mid and hi-test gas will improve your mpg.

George, you know I am a ruler of nothing. I'm the result of a date that went to far:nilly:. While ours is an '07, I do love the conveniences of the avalanches. Rumshaker may not appreciate the side compartments 'cause he has his lifted to the moon and he is built closer to the ground than me (sorry Mike, didn't mean to make a 'short' joke).

That's ok, as long we can all get along I'm fine with it. So are you flying down for the hometown rally or what????