View Full Version : Pink Floyd member passes

chappy
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hWIGm5l-yoyRo6pTklrXqJB3BnmA

Integral part of a great band.

:angel:

justleft
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Pink Floyd music was always around during my teen years.

R.I.P.

Dark Side of the Moon is playing in the shop now.

txtaz
09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
That is a shame. A big loss. I am currently converting "Delicate Sound of Thunder" to DVD with chapters.

Could we have another "Shine on Crazy Diamond" coming?

Da Taz<---"Learning to Fly"

Donziweasel
09-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Saw the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour in 1988. Best concert I have ever seen, and I have seen some good ones. Roger Water wasn't with them, he was doing his Radio KAOS tour, which I also saw. It was pretty sad.

History between Gilmore and Water was ugly. After The Final Cut, Rogers wanted all creative interest in the band as well as exclusive lead vocals. The rest of the band said FU. Water left saying PF would be nothing without him. PF then came back with The Delicate Sound of Thunder, which was HUGE. Water released some crap at the same time which tanked. Of course then Floyd proceeded to sell out huge venues, some three nights in a row, on tour. Water got pissed as he couldn't sell out a 5000 seat venue and sued. He lost, the rest is history.

What is everyone's favorite Floyd albulm? Mine- Animals.
http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/64/product_small/PFCD10.jpg

chappy
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
http://ia300210.us.archive.org/0/items/tucows_169533_Pink_Floyd_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon/dsotm-640x480.jpg

Unless I can vote for the boxed set.:lookaroun:

txtaz
09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I am willing to share "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" on DVD when I have it completed for those who have the VHS version. Sorry I'm not into pirating. If there are other concerts on tour on VHS I'm not aware of, please let me know. I can get those and convert them as well.

Da Taz<---"Delicate Sound of Thunder" is my favorite since it's a concert movie. However "The Darkk Side of the Moon" is a great CD.

Lenny
09-15-2008, 03:43 PM
...this one... and the Video "Live at Pompei"

zelatore
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
It's almost a cliche, but I too have to vote for DSOTM.

I don't know how many classes I missed in collage because once you start that album, you have to finish it.

Donziweasel
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Division Bell was a great CD. Especially like "What do you want from me". Good Stuff.:)

knots2u
09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Bummer.

Ahem...... in my formative years I recorded Welcome to the Machine on my phone answering machine, no message other than.....welcome tooooooo the machiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnne.....beep.

chappy
09-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Shoulda known the guy who tags himself "Thread Killer" would have that as his greeting.:jestera:

zelatore
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Bummer.
Ahem...... in my formative years I recorded Welcome to the Machine on my phone answering machine, no message other than.....welcome tooooooo the machiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnne.....beep.

All I can say is ...

Why didn't I think of that?