PDA

View Full Version : I went to a Fountain dealer....

MXRoadster
09-13-2008, 04:05 PM
and bought my new Donzi.:) I just got back into town after a 4300 mile road trip to Shogren Marine in Waukegan, IL. Greg and Bruce at Shogren were great to work with and made the purchase a nice experience. They had the boat and trailer ready for my 2100 mile trip back home so I didn't have to worry about anything. The 30 minutes out on Lake Michigan with non-stop rollers was incredible, we don't see water like that very often in the N.W.
The boat is a 1999 26ZX with a 496 HO. I'm really impressed on how clean and well kept the boat is for its age. The only thing that needs to be replaced is the ****pit cover so if anyone knows were I can get a replacement please let me know. Thanks

Marlin275
09-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Most local marine upholstery shops can do it.
My guy said to get the best fit he needed not only the cover but the boat too, to take his own measurements.
Otherwise he could not guarantee it would fit as well.

BigGrizzly
09-13-2008, 05:52 PM
She is a beauty. Cover is the easy part with a good shop. My guy did not want the cover just the boat. Sunbrella and some money and we are go.

Donzi LG
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Beautiful boat, congratulations!! That looks super clean.

Trueser
09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Very nice colors..

she should be fun...

The Hedgehog
09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Very nice looking boat. I am partial to white 26ZX's. Great all around boat.

yeller
09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice boat David!
Did you sell your other one? I can't remember if it was a Hornet or Minx.

kramsay1234
09-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Congrats on the move into ZX world....Beautiful looking boat. Should be great on the bigger waters. More pics are in order. Lets see the interior, cuddy, etc...

LKSD
09-14-2008, 02:03 PM
and bought my new Donzi.:) I just got back into town after a 4300 mile road trip to Shogren Marine in Waukegan, IL. Greg and Bruce at Shogren were great to work with and made the purchase a nice experience. They had the boat and trailer ready for my 2100 mile trip back home so I didn't have to worry about anything. The 30 minutes out on Lake Michigan with non-stop rollers was incredible, we don't see water like that very often in the N.W.
The boat is a 1999 26ZX with a 496 HO. I'm really impressed on how clean and well kept the boat is for its age. The only thing that needs to be replaced is the ****pit cover so if anyone knows were I can get a replacement please let me know. Thanks

I wondered who bought that boat.. It looks nice.. The guys @ shogren seem to be pretty straight shooters from what I have seen to date.. Good luck with it, Im sure you will love the boat.. ALso I think I can still get you a new c@ckpit cover from Donzi yet for the 26zx.. Call me If it interests you.. :) Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628

MXRoadster
09-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks everyone for the info and comments, I had her out on the lake yesterday and had a blast. Top end was about 65mph on the guess-o-meter with full fuel and five adults. So I'm pretty happy about that, I'll see how she does with a lighter load and as I get used to driving a bigger boat. Yes, it is time for me to step up and final buy a gps.

Yeller, it's a Hornet III and yes I still have her. I will most likely put her up for sale in the Spring. I have to make sure I like the ZX:wink:

As requested here is a couple more pictures.

kramsay1234
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Nice clean looking boat. Congrats and enjoy!

Lenny
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
it's a Hornet III and yes I still have her. I will most likely put her up for sale in the Spring.

Can ya give me first dibs this time ??? :D You beat me by 10 minutes on this thing the last time. I KNOW Deneen would LOVE that boat.

:D :D :D Lenny

FISHIN SUCKS
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Beautiful Boat MX, Congratulations!!! If you end up liking your 26ZX half as much as we like our 28ZX, you will definitely end up keeping her:yes:!

LKSD
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes the zx is an excellent hull :) Jamie

yeller
09-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Can ya give me first dibs this time ??? :D You beat me by 10 minutes on this thing the last time. I KNOW Deneen would LOVE that boat.
:D :D :D LennyGeez, Lenny......didn't you just tell me you figured it was time to reduce your inventory? Now that didn't last long, did it. :wink::biggrin.:

From what I remember though, it is a beautiful boat.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-16-2008, 08:21 PM
22, 26 and 33ZX... been there done that wore that T-shirt out...

The covers are cut tight in production to start with, and they are not not trailer friendly on a ZX, do to the windscreen...

I took my 2001 26ZX cover took our local canvas shop and a dupe was an easy make. I dry store the 33 so the shrunken cover is no issue for me when the temps change.

You would think Donzi was putting on a condom when they fit these boats in the factory. I recommend a full cover for every day use and certainly for long travels on the trailer....

Best of luck, that is a very pretty 26ZX you have there, I had mine for 2 years and I am pretty smart on the boat, so if you have a question, ring me up.

Bryan Tuvell
(757) 816-2013

MXRoadster
09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Lenny, you definitely have first dibs. I don’t want to sell the Hornet, but I just don’t see myself using it very much now that I have the ZX. I’ve been back in town for 4 days with the ZX and have had it out for 3 of them. I just love everything the ZX does for me.