PDA

View Full Version : New member just to say hello!

mk32j
09-12-2008, 05:22 PM
This forum is amazing, but just out curiosity where did you guys that are married find your women that allow 2,3,4,boats (donzi) mine's great but 2 is the limit on boats and already a little cranky.

Donziweasel
09-12-2008, 05:45 PM
but just out curiosity where did you guys that are married find your women that allow 2,3,4,boats

Ebay.:wink: Welcome to the boards.

The Hedgehog
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
We rent them!:smash:

Just kidding. Welcome and tell us about your Donzi.

mk32j
09-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm the guy who bought the doral that was on e-bay last week but have been around donzis since I was 3 or 4 growing up in N Miami watching them build formulas, magnums, cigs, and drooling about owning one well this will be my 3rd from a hornet at 19 to a 18 2+3 at 22 got marriedand kissed them good by divorced and back in the game again!

Donziweasel
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Great looking Doral. Many of us were watching with interest and hoped it would go to a good home. Any plans for it, especially in the engine area?:)

Damn Hedghog, you rented yours? Where? I had to buy mine, and she wasn't cheap!

mk32j
09-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Wqaiting for it to arrive from its 1500 mile journey should be here tomorrow bought sight un seen so not to familiar with all the possibilities as of yet nor do I know anything about a 280 volvo with TT any help or info is greatly appreciated also would like to change the prop which look to be stock???

mk32j
09-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh yea typing is not my strong point and I missed alot of english classes!!!

Conquistador_del_mar
09-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Wqaiting for it to arrive from its 1500 mile journey should be here tomorrow bought sight un seen so not to familiar with all the possibilities as of yet nor do I know anything about a 280 volvo with TT any help or info is greatly appreciated also would like to change the prop which look to be stock???

I personally think you got a great bargain as I was also following the auction. That outdrive has full trim and tilt with the rams hidden by the cover plates. That 400 should be a nice choice for an engine. Even if you eventually want to stroke it to 434CID, you will have the block to work with. You might want to put bunks on the trailer as soon as possible since those roller trailers put too much load on small areas which will eventually cause indentations in the fiberglass. Everything looked pretty good to me except the upholstery, but I guess you will be seeing it soon. If you are like most of us, you are probably quite anxious to see it! I, too, bought my first 18' 2+3 when I was 22 years old - I recently bought it back and am restoring it to like new - it is a 1971. Congratulations, Bill

Donziweasel
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Dorals came in two configs, twin engine and singles. They can handle ALOT of power. They are also pretty heavy, so to go really fast, you will need ALOT of the above mentioned power. Sounds like you have a nice setup to begin with, but the top speed posted in the auction was probably a little high or a "speedometer" top speed.

Enjoy your Doral and when the time comes, and it probably will, to upgrade in power, there is plenty of help here for you. Welcome to the madness.:)

mk32j
09-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence and yea anxious is an understatement
so funny you mentioned the roller trailer I was already pricing to transfer to bunks thanks for confirming my thoughts and look forward to all your thoughts and reccomendations. :propeller:

mk32j
09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
:smash:
Dorals came in two configs, twin engine and singles. They can handle ALOT of power. They are also pretty heavy, so to go really fast, you will need ALOT of the above mentioned power. Sounds like you have a nice setup to begin with, but the top speed posted in the auction was probably a little high or a "speedometer" top speed.

Enjoy your Doral and when the time comes, and it probably will, to upgrade in power, there is plenty of help here for you. Welcome to the madness.:)

I figured it was down a face with Ike pushing from behind and then it acheived 55 then again there is 16 donzis with sbc350 doing 80 ????(RIGHT)

mk32j
09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Congrats on the new ride, and welcome (back) to the disease :) :) Where are you?

Fort lauderdale you?

mk32j
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
behind natural bridge???

Donziweasel
09-12-2008, 09:46 PM
then again there is 16 donzis with sbc350 doing 80 ????(RIGHT)

Only a couple.:)

mk32j
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
didnt know about natural bridge used to ride through there as a kid to watch thunderbirds poped out of their molds every Sat. Those were the days!!! :yes:

Donzi Vol
09-13-2008, 08:17 AM

Welcome to the board! I'm sure you can add to this place after all your experience with Donzi's. As for the 280, I'm learning about them myself. I'm kind of learning as I go. One piece of advice (and nevermind why), make sure all the bolts are nice and tight in the steering!!! Let me know how that trim works for you. The little wheels in my head are beginning to turn...

Dr. Dan
09-13-2008, 08:54 AM
:spongebob:I know the guy that owns that company...he is a complete Nut Job.... hasn't been to a hair stylist in over 3 decades....and he is obsessed with certain Sports Teams.

Welcome mk32j to the Donzi Registry... now leave before its too late.... just unplug the power cord... and back away from the Computer. :lame2:

This site will cost you $thousands of dollars....eventually. :smash:

Good Luck - also I prefer leasing my women... Warning though the Residuals can kill you!:pimptwo:

Doc of Fundamentalist Unprincipled Opinions and Reckless Bantor :tase:

Donziweasel
09-13-2008, 09:09 AM
This site will cost you $thousands of dollars....eventually.

Amen brother:)

also I prefer leasing my women... Warning though the Residuals can kill you!

Renting and leasing????? What the hell? I should have researched more before I purchased mine!:smash: Not even sure I would get a good trade in this economy! I really hope Boo Boo is not reading this...........:crossfing:

BigGrizzly
09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I kind of got mine on a lease purchase plan. Problem is I bough the lease after I had two, family had 4. After I got here use to the Donzi I had her ride in my boss's boat and that was that. Problem was her saying that Steve's boats bends over waves and is not strong like yours. The real problem is she said it in front of him:bonk: Welcome to the disease for which there is no cure for except another Donzi, then it only goes into remission.:shocking::)

mk32j
09-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks to all who responded I look forward to going broke again with all your help here, I'm sure it will be fun and as far as running away, to late for that as you all know!!!!!!:hangum::):):)