PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

gcarter
09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
DELTONA, Fla. - An angry Deltona father whacked his teenage daughter's boyfriend with a metal pipe after finding the boy naked in his daughter's room. Authorities say the father, 45, didn't even know his daughter had a boyfriend or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year.
When he heard noises coming from his daughter's bedroom Thursday morning and saw a stranger standing naked on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.

The boy was taken to the hospital where doctors closed a head wound with staples.

The father was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000.

glashole
09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
I probably would have been listening better for the father coming

txtaz
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
George, Where was the shotgun?

Da Taz<---Thank God I don't have a daughter.

Rootsy
09-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Hard to say if it was me but I reckon the kid would have needed more than stitches to put him back together...

gold-n-rod
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I probably would have been listening better for the father coming

Better re-read the story...... it wasn't the father coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

mattyboy
09-12-2008, 02:50 PM
sorry first of all a parent should know a lil more about what is going on in their kids lives
second he doesn't get a chance to run away
third I make a call to the police and tell them that a body fell out of landing plane it must have been a stow away and fell out of one of the landing gear wells and he hit my back yard and broke into pieces

there are advantages to living in an old house with kids the sqweaky floor boards are the best defense there is no sneaking around

but seriously how old are the kids we are talking about here??? sorry if you are old enough to screw someones daughter you are old enough to take the beating

My 17 year old daughter has a boyfriend he is afraid of me( all kidding aside he is a good kid), he is not afraid of my wife I told him you'll see and hear me coming, but you won't hear a thing when my wife gets you !

onesubdrvr
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Great, four girls, and stories like this coming up,...

First, I need to take my Donzi savings and put into a "bail Wayne out" fund.

Second, my oldest girls are upstairs, so it is a LITTLE more difficult for boys to "sneak in"

Third,.... I look at it this way, he didn't know it was his daughters boyfriend, and it was just self defense, he obviously didn't hit him hard enough, or they would have had to remove the body from the house, instead of him running out.

why, WHY do I have 4 girls :hangum: Oh yeah, that's right, too much radiation :shocking:

Wayne

Patti
09-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't have a daughter, but I do have a son.

IF he did that..he better far..and he better run fast.

I don't understand how parents do not know that their child has a boyfriend for not a month..not 6 months, but a year and a half and that probably this boyfriend was sneaking in (with the assistance of said daughter i'm sure) for probably a year and a half.

To me, the parents were not doing their job. Involved parents who actually pay attention don't usually have this happen. Maybe I was over protective but it never happened in my home. Before I blamed the girl..i'd blame my son.

Girls should be treated no differently than boys in some situations.

If ya'll had sons who snuck girls in their room for sex and they got caught would anyone even be angry?...just curious.

I know I would.

My son always knew he better never ever pull a stunt like that or life as he knew it would.be.over.

I think Jamie would agree with me on this since we've discussed many times and seem to feel the same way.

txtaz
09-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah, that's right, too much radiation
Wayne

Wayne, I would have assumed your Dad gave you the birds and bees speech. It was something else that gave you four children. They just happen to be girls. Besides you hung out in the Conn. Go aft my man, then you can bitch. :wink:

Da Taz<--- A bannana test??? What??? Now who can answer that one?

onesubdrvr
09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I do agree with EVERYONE, the parents weren't doing there jobs.

It's not easy being a parent, but once one makes the choice to be a parent, they must assume the responsibilities. Questions aren't being asked to kids from their parents anymore, and too much is being "let go",

Child: "I'm going to Jenny's house".
Parent: "OK"

Door open/close

where are the questions? when are you going to be back, where are you going, what are you doing? Random phone calls to check in? don't happen, parents are getting lazy, and are just wanting the kids gone for a break - LAZY. I'm very involved with my kids, and it's A LOT of work, but hey, I volunteered for it :wink:, and I do it well.

I have had the discussion about sex with my 3 oldest daughters (8-13), as has Cari, and I hope they know that we are there from them. The youngest one is 4, and will get the talk sooner than later. I think that many parents evade this discussion now, and it's one of the most important.

As far as my Son (2 years old), if he were sneaking girls in and having sex with them (as a teen), what would my response be ?.... well I'd have to whoop him. If a girl is that easy, she's not the kind of girl I want him with. I'm not against pre-marital sex, but am against random sex (the nights I spent in Tiajuana, and other ports of call don't count :boggled:), and kids aren't ready for the potential reprecussions of sex, disease, pregnancy, etc. I want all my children to finish college before having children, if that means no sex (which it doesn't have to), then so be it,.... better be safe and better be smart.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Wayne, I would have assumed your Dad gave you the birds and bees speech. It was something else that gave you four children. They just happen to be girls. Besides you hung out in the Conn. Go aft my man, then you can bitch. :wink:

Da Taz<--- A bannana test??? What??? Now who can answer that one?

Wes,

As an conventional MM, I spent more time in the Engine Room than a lot of the nukes ;) that, and on the Russell (687), my watch space was AMR1 - right next to that big 'ol thing :wink:

You know, Cuda told me once what actually caused it,... said it was something in the air,.... legs I think :yes:

Wayne

Patti
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Girls aren't the ONLY ones that have the ability to be easy :lookaroun:

So if a boy is "easy"..he is more acceptable than a girl who is "easy"?

Sorry, but i'm not one of those old fashioned girls..I think the same rules need to apply across the board when it comes to teenagers ;-)

txtaz
09-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Wes,

As an conventional MM, I spent more time in the Engine Room than a lot of the nukes ;)

Why do I not find that surprising.:smash: :doh:

You know, Cuda told me once what actually caused it,... said it was something in the air,.... legs I think :yes:
Wayne

Now that is funny. :smash:

What no comment on the banana test?

Da Taz

onesubdrvr
09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Girls aren't the ONLY ones that have the ability to be easy :lookaroun:

So if a boy is "easy"..he is more acceptable than a girl who is "easy"?

Sorry, but i'm not one of those old fashioned girls..I think the same rules need to apply across the board when it comes to teenagers ;-)

I agree patti, he is not more acceptable. My view is that sex is an adult thing, it's not like skateboarding or playing sports, or whatever.

I do think the same rules apply, but the relationship between dads and their little girls are different than the relationships betweens dads and their sons, it's a primal thing, no guy wants to think of some punk kid doing things with his daughter that he does with his wife,.... but get a couple of guys together, and the stories about trips to sin city or what not go flying, regardless of age.

Regardless, again my point is that sex should be left to the adults, and it is an inappropriate action for any child.

My sister had much tougher rules (curfews, etc.) than I did, even though she was nearly two years older. That being said, I had better grades, worked more hours than she did, and was involved with afterschool activities such as,.... the computer club So, where do you draw the line between the difference due to efforts and age?

Wayne

onesubdrvr
09-12-2008, 04:06 PM
What no comment on the banana test?

Da Taz

Well, I must say that after 10 years on those damned things, I haven't heard that one,....

The was the cracker game which may be the same thing, and that's one game where all that is important is NOT finishing last :shocking: talk about stress

Carry on, make turns for 20knts, make depth 200ft., rig for red, and watch for the flying squirrel.

Wayne

Donziweasel
09-12-2008, 06:11 PM
First, I need to take my Donzi savings and put into a "bail Wayne out" fund

I here there are some damn good interest bearing bail Wayne out accounts offered these days. :) Shop around.:wink:

Everyone seems to be pissed at the boy. What about the daughter? She invited him in and he didn't get naked by himself.

The Hedgehog
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM
I am still laughing at Glashole and gond-n-rod's comments.

I am with Weasel on this. It takes two. I guess that this is not the forum to joke around about all of the things I was up to when I was a teenager. Or maybe the times I came home in college during break and forgot that I had parents living in my house when I came home from the bar. Oh yeah, it was their house. But hey, consider my avatar.

That being said, I will probably be cursed with a bunch of daughters like Onesub there.

MOP
09-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I am enjoying seeing this play out! I have snuck in quite a few windows in the early days and you bet your azz it takes two!

MOP
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
True but to me it seems as we get older we are hell bent forgetting how we were when we were young, sure beats the heck out of me that there are no "Hell Raisers" on this board! Bet there is a bunch that got away!!!!!!! What would I do run like blazes!!!!!!

BigGrizzly
09-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I am with the it takes 6, I hope my son don't make me regret that statement. The boy, the girl, each set of parents.

f_inscreenname
09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
DELTONA, Fla. - saw a stranger standing naked on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.
He would have not "ran" out the front door that's for sure.:wink: