PDA

View Full Version : Magnum 27 Sport on Ebay

superhatz
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
There's a pointed windscreen 27 Sport on Ebay if anyone cares....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=330269753718&_trksid=p3907.m32

superhatz
09-11-2008, 11:20 PM
For future reference.

superhatz
09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Here's a sweet "pointy" 27 Sport......just to give you some inspiration...:)

chappy
09-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks for posting 'Hatz, the one for sale looks like it has potential, but that lime green 27 looks mint. Ready to go beyond the Triangle.:tongue:

vonkamp
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I would steer clear of that seller. :(

mrfixxall
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Here's a sweet "pointy" 27 Sport......just to give you some inspiration...:)

I know that boat!!or its the identical twin to the one that use to rin around the chain'O' lakes here in ill in 1986..it used to be called twylite back in the day and was vary fast in its day..thae guy who use to own it(if its the one) just passed away the week before laborday weekend..Do you know this boat? from what i remember it had a pair of 406 sbc with close to 600 ponys each..

nice ride..

on_plane
09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Thats my 73 green mag...boat has alwys been in upstate NY. shes powered by twin Chris Craft FLVs at 320 hp ea , volvo drives.

Its a beast and gets a lot of attenion.:)

Paul

chappy
09-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Thats my 73 green mag...boat has alwys been in upstate NY. shes powered by twin Chris Craft FLVs at 320 hp ea , volvo drives.

Its a beast and gets a lot of attenion.:)

Paul

Paul,

VERY, VERY, VERY, nice ride.

:drool:

Donziweasel
09-14-2008, 09:16 AM
On Plane, beautiful boat.

Seller of the one on Ebay has no feedback. Also, someone called him out and he answered. Look at the pissing match at the bottom of the page.

Also, one crappy picture? Boat might not have an interior or engines. Buyer be ware. :eek!:

samjannarone
09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
GOD that 27 that superhatz posted is beautiful---how fast?? 1200 HP???

superhatz
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
GOD that 27 that superhatz posted is beautiful---how fast?? 1200 HP???

No, I think they were referring to another boat.......still an awesome boat though!

superhatz
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
On Plane, beautiful boat.
Seller of the one on Ebay has no feedback. Also, someone called him out and he answered. Look at the pissing match at the bottom of the page.
Also, one crappy picture? Boat might not have an interior or engines. Buyer be ware. :eek!:

They called him out but the boat is definitely a Magnum 27 Sport.

HIGH LIFE
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
If anyone wants me to look at this boat, I am about half hr away from it. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I was just in Beverly yesterday at a POKER RUN. HIGH LIFE

Morgan's Cloud
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Paul,
VERY, VERY, VERY, nice ride.
:drool:
++ On Plane, beautiful boat. ++
Gotta add my .02c .... I've seen pics of it before , but I can't pass on the opportunity to say to the lucky owner ... what a stand-out boat !
(ps my 25 was originally the same green .... sooo retro .. )

on_plane
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys for all the compliments on the Mag.

The previous owner told me that when the boat was delivered to Rich Marine in Buffalo back in 73' that an identical sister ship wnet somewhere near Chicago he thought.. I have always wondered where that boat might be...

Originally it had volvo speedmasters, wish they were still on there too!

Paul

tommymonza
09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
What is the story with the split winshield design.Why so few made and why the change to the flat windshield ? Does anyone know ? Also did that deck design have the wood insert ?

superhatz
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
What is the story with the split winshield design.Why so few made and why the change to the flat windshield ? Does anyone know ? Also did that deck design have the wood insert ?

The V windscreen was an option and isn't quite as rare as I originally thought. They did have the "wood" insert also...

smidgen too
09-17-2008, 10:31 PM

As I have been told by the 70's Magnum dealer here on Lake St Clair Emerald City Harbor, that many of the early Magnum owners wanted a real windshield. Wally Harper was one of them with his first Mag [LiL' Smidgen]. By 1973 Magnums were winning many races, and to race you had to take the windshield glass out as Wally did. When it came time to replace the deck on the Smidgen, the flat styel went on & everyone here wanted that sleek look. If you wanted a taller windshield offshore you bought the Magnum Sedan or a 28' Cigarette. Emerald City sold only about 5 Mags with the tall windshield, & by 1974 all the Mag's that they sold had the flat low windshield.

mrfixxall
09-25-2008, 09:37 AM
The previous owner told me that when the boat was delivered to Rich Marine in Buffalo back in 73' that an identical sister ship wnet somewhere near Chicago he thought.. I have always wondered where that boat might be...
Paul

The last time i saw the twin to yours was at a marina in bluff lake in antioc il..the next time i see the boat ill take pics of it and post them..for some reason i dont think the boat had volvos, they looked more like merc drives with cleaver props on it..

on_plane
09-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks Mrfixall, that would be very cool if you cool snap some pics... I have always been curious about the 2nd boat like mine. It may not have been a Volvo boat, I was only told that it was the only other green one they made ( to that point in time) , and it had the pointed windshield

Sounds like it lives in the original area it was delivered to, could be the one.

Paul

Conquistador_del_mar
09-30-2008, 01:45 AM

Paul

Paul,
In case you did not see it, here is a post you might want to read in a thread I started about a Magnum I just bought. As it turns out, I might have bought the very boat Mark (Smidgen too) showed in this post that sounds like your sister ship. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54221&page=4 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54221&page=4)

superhatz
09-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Paul,
In case you did not see it, here is a post you might want to read in a thread I started about a Magnum I just bought. As it turns out, I might have bought the very boat Mark (Smidgen too) showed in this post that sounds like your sister ship. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54221&page=4 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54221&page=4)

Actually.....I was thinking this boat might be the sistership......a green pointed windscreen Sport.......:biggrin.:

on_plane
09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Bill-
The number written in under my dash is #249, if your # is still there it might be close if it it the sistership.
Actually Bill I am about an hour south of you , in Little Elm...I have been wacthing your resto thread ...I have a 86' red 18 that I picked up maybe we can meet up sometime I have not been up to Texoma yet looking for an excuse to go up there :biggrin:
Aaron- I am amazed at the pictures you come up with...that sure does look close, lifeline, deck, windshield etc. As you know my lifielines and windshield were cut down by previous owner so that is how they must have looked originally. There may be more green boats around than I thought! :biggrin.:
Paul

Conquistador_del_mar
09-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Actually.....I was thinking this boat might be the sistership......a green pointed windscreen Sport.......:biggrin.:

I can be so dense sometimes. It just now dawned on me that the pointed windshield design has a different deck than the low profile design which is straight across. What is that vitamin for mental alertness? :bonk:

Conquistador_del_mar
09-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Bill-
The number written in under my dash is #249, if your # is still there it might be close if it it the sistership.
Actually Bill I am about an hour south of you , in Little Elm...I have been wacthing your resto thread ...I have a 86' red 18 that I picked up maybe we can meet up sometime I have not been up to Texoma yet looking for an excuse to go up there :biggrin:
Aaron- I am amazed at the pictures you come up with...that sure does look close, lifeline, deck, windshield etc. As you know my lifielines and windshield were cut down by previous owner so that is how they must have looked originally. There may be more green boats around than I thought! :biggrin.:
Paul

Paul,
Is your hull number also on the transom?
By all means come on up here. When I lived in Dallas in the 70s, I boated mostly at Lake Dallas - a virtual mudhole compared to Texoma. After a few boating friends convinced me to follow them up to Texoma, I have boated up here and moved here in 1985. Texoma is huge, being the 11th largest manmade lake in the US. As you probably know, it is a Corps of Engineers flood control lake formed by the Denison dam on the Red River which separates Texas and Oklahoma for much of the north border of Texas. There are sand islands in Texoma which is where many boaters anchor. I built a dry boat storage facility on Highport Road about a mile from Highport Marina which has a large ramp and is the closest marina to the islands. Here is a picture I took of my facility. Call me anytime and come on up. This is my favorite time of the year since most of the Dallas boaters are done for the season. (903) 786-6281 is my business number. Bill