PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Democrat, a Republican or a Texan?

harbormaster
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Are you a Democrat, a Republican or a Texan?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.

Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner ,
locks eyes with you,

screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges at you.

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

.................................................. ...........

Democrat's Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!

Does the man look poor or oppressed?

Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

Could we run away?

What does my wife think?

What about the kids?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his
hand?

What does the law say about this situation?

Does the .45 have appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this
send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he
was stabbing me?

Should I call 9-1-1?

Why is this street so deserted?

We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day and make this happier,
healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for few
days and try to come to a consensus.

.................................................. ...................

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

.................................................. ...................

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

BANG! Click..... (Sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BA NG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

BANG! Click

Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or
Hollow Points?'

Son: 'Can I shoot the next one!'

Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist!'

gcarter
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Memories of the older gentleman in Pasadena (TX) that shot the pervs breaking into the house next door.
That's great Scot.

Donziweasel
09-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I never knew I was a Texan! How about that?:wink:

zelatore
09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
If you like, I can generate a nice test of my own... of course, being that it's Texas I'd be messing with, I don't know if I've got that much fight in me...

Instead I'll just refer you back to my original premise in the stereotype post.

BlownCrewCab
09-10-2008, 11:40 AM
In TN we'd put him in the back of the truck, take him out to the woods and the Coyotes would have him Totally gone by morning.

txtaz
09-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Good one Scot. Yep, I'm a Texan for sure.

Da Taz<---Honey give me another clip.

LKSD
09-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Funny... Texan all the way...I think me more so than Jay....Kristin:wink:

JeffH
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Texan...cept my wife loves mounts!

DonziJon
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Well I'm going to have to take the Republican Response. You Freakin Texans are wastin way to much ammo. One Well Placed shot is all that's needed.....and maybe much more satisfying. ...........Ya know what I'm sayin? :bonk: John

BigGrizzly
09-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I am the republican. I only would use and need one shot, being retired I try to save money. Yes I carry one of two, a 1911 45 or a 40 auto. Make no exception if the terrorist didn't hit the ground on the first shot, I then would be a Texan all the way. My only hope would be upon inspec tion of the body it would have been-you know who.

Cuda
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I sincerely thought I was going to have to kill three guys a few weeks ago. There is only one way in, and one way out of my neighborhood. I was coming slowly around the S curve on the road, when I white Chevy S10 flashed their lights at me. I thought it was two nephews of my neighbor whose house I had just passed. I never know what couch they are sleeping on, much less what they may be riding in. I stopped in the road to see if it was them, because they would back up an shoot the chit with me. I had my cd player on, and I still thought it was the two nephews and some other guy, when I saw three guys get out of the truck, and start towards me. I got the cd turned down, and I could hear these three guys cussing me, and they were going to kick my azz. They picked the wrong guy. I kept saying "Huh? I can't hear you" while I was getting the pistol out, and the seatbelt off. When they got to 20 feet away I hopped out with that 38. Normally, all you have to do is show a guy a gun, and they don't need to know any more. I knew these guys were high on crank, because I saw one of them running a rail before they got out of their truck. There were three guys, so I didn't want them to get close enough to bum rush me. I only have five shots in that 38, so I couldn't "spray and pray". I always thought it would be easy to kill someone, but I'm here to tell you it ain't that easy. I had no choice. It either had to end right there, or they'd follow me back to where I live, and maybe burn my house down, or kill my dogs, neither of which I was going to let happen. The oldest of the three was driving, he was probably 18 to 20 years old, one on my right was about 16, and I never got a good look at the other one. The driver kept walking towards me, and though I've pulled a gun twice before, I'd never had to point it at someone. He kept walking towards me, so I pulled back the hammer. I wasn't scared a bit, but even my butthole was shaking, because I knew if he took another step, I would have to kill him, and once I started shooting, I wouldn't stop until all three of them had quit wiggling. I finally convinced the driver that I would kill him, and the sixteen year old punk was trying to slide up on my right side. I just swung the pistol over at him, and that's when the driver was litterallly screaming at the other two guys to get back in the truck. He could tell I was not kidding. I was just praying they weren't to high that I'd have to kill them. When I swung the gun at the sixteen year old, he started saying, "Go ahead and kill me, my life's over anyway". I told him calmly. "You're too young to make that call, but you take one more step, I'll make that call for you". Finally the driver got the other two back in the truck. I had lowered the gun, when he started walking towards me again. I raised the pistol back up and assured him if he blinked, he was going to die in the dark. As he was getting back in his truck, he was cussing me, and saying I was a big man when I had the pistol. That's when I cussed him back out and told him how about he drive to the bridge, and throw those other two kocksucker in the river and come back. I told him I'd throw the pistol in the woods, becuase I didn't need a pistol to whip his punk ass. I also told them the next time I see them in my neighborhood, I wouldn't say a word, and I'd just go to killing. They must have believed me, because I haven't seen them since.
"

Ghost
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Glad you're okay, and here's hoping you never have to deal with them again.

cutwater
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Same here. You couldn't have handled that situation any better.

LKSD
09-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Wow, thats nuts..

I understand where you are coming from. My wife & I have had a few close calls up here in the not to distant past. We have had to UNconceal our weapons a time or 2.. But that was as far as it went. THANK GOD.. It was usually punks tring to be cool and raise hell or high & being tough.. I dont know what is in some people these days, but it seems as if you either meet salt of the earth people anymore or pure trash. Not much inbetween, unfortunatley. I am glad I have never had to pull a trigger, but I would do it if it came down to them or me.. Hopefully I will never have to be in a situation like that, but I play it safe because you never know today.. Some people are just crazy & we are in a good area.. Riff raff seems to know no bounds anymore and some good areas are worse than the ghetto anymore because of the access some punks have to $$ because of thier parents and lack of a good upbringing too if you ask me.. It sure didnt seem this way when I was growing up though, our parents kept an interest in us and in discipline.. There was no time out unless you played a sport.. It wasnt all bad though as both my wife & I did have a few choices when we got out of line growing up. Mainly Belt, slap, ruller, paddle, corner etc.. Some of the options we had at home were also offered at school back then.. Ah the good old days.. I can feel my ass a stinging just thinkin about it.. lol :) Jamie

Cuda
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm even more glad that they are ok. I knew I wouldn't be the one being killed. Up until that moment, I didn't really know if I could kill someone or not. It's an uncomfortable feeling knowing that I am capable of taking another person's life. But if it came down to that, it wouldn't be me that was going to die of lead poisoning.