PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Events Calender Posting!

Dr. Dan
01-03-2004, 01:47 AM
:D Just want to remind everyone who is involved in organizing an planning Events for the coming Season to add them to the Calender for everyone to see so they can set up their Travel & Vacation Plans to maximize their Donzi Summer! 2004 will be an incedible year, lots of positive things to come...looking forward to seeing everyone... :p
This year it would be great to see some new attendees at Lake George in the Spring...AOTH IV is always first out of the Blocks, 1000 Isles & Winni are not to be missed, and of course the Fall Picnic at Lake George is a great time for all. This year might see the addition of some new Events as our Family continues to grow, but it's also what makes us all so close as a Community.
Safe Boating and a Healthy 2004 to all! wink

:cool: Doc

P.S. Also...don't forget to send your favorite "Donzi Charity" some $$$$Green during the Winter....it helps to keep the Registry Rolling...Thanks As Always To the Mighty & Generous Harbormaster! :D

boldts
01-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks Doc! Thought I had already added the Awakening to the calendar, but looking at the Month of May, no listing. It's on record now.

Air 22
01-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Danny...

Were in for LG(Spring/Fall), Winni, Sarasota and the ACDC events this year... :D :D

undertaker
01-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Doc if I sell the 33ZX this winter the wife and I are looking forward to making some of those events this year maybe in a 22 classic. We shall see biggrin. :) biggrin.

MOP
01-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Dan and Oh Gracious HB how about one of those exclaimation point posts at the head of the events section with an E-Mail adresses for questions and replys to so the post stays clean but depicts all the up & coming dates for the season :)

Dr. Dan
01-09-2004, 06:04 AM
wink Phil....when the "Events Section was created, its purpose was for dedicated posting on individual regional events! All information for that event and who to contact is "Generally" available under that specific thread! Although we always see "Side Bar" posts that relate to any one Event....for the most part....the Events Section Posting has been flawless and very efficient in providing all of the necessary info in a "Consistent and Concise Format" :p Soooo if you have any questions regarding an event...look for your answers under that Events Thread first...you should find not only contact info., but all related scheduling topics as well. :D I hope this is clear as mud now.....I feel like the "Master of the Obvious".... :cool:
P.S. Also...as to upcoming Events....thats the whole function of the "View Event Calender" section at the very bottom of any page on the Registry...which is what this whole topic is about,Hmmmm? AlllllRighty Then.....Next?

Doc

Shanghied Again
01-09-2004, 06:34 AM
Hi Doc, Iam trying to get the weekend after the Dustoff for 1000 Islands, This way anyone that wants to make it from Lake Goerge to NY its only a short ride. What are your thoughts on doing something like that?

Dr. Dan
01-09-2004, 07:29 AM
:D Frank........ The only problem with doing Back To Back weekends....is some people will not be able to do both Events...by having them a bit spread out...like last years was....it gives Attendees the opportunity to Schedule their respective long Weekends and break them up a little! I understand your logic....but in all practicality....I think you or the Dust Off would experience some fall off as a result of putting two great Events so close together... wink And with Elvis now in the House for the DustOff.... I think Pearson will win that contest... :p
The reality is you can't accomadate everyone,as you know so do what ya gotta do...I think most folks were assumming it would be Mid-July again...like last year. Frank....what ever works for you and Boxy....it was an awesome place, inspite of the funky weather....I am sure it will be Great no matter when...

Doc :cool:

MOP
01-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Hi what I was referring to was a simple block with just the dates and maybe post address set up in order so at glance you could check dates. Then you click on the post adress for more complete details. The events section has always been a great source of what is happening but sometimes the posts have several threads and have to be hunted for if reference is posted real early. It would be nice to go to a fixed master list then just click to the event that you can try to make. I think it would make things easier and possibly keep all the info on a particular event all combined, many events end up with several post scattered throughout the events section .

just an idea to make finding stuff easier!

MOP
01-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh thanks you Great Installer of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Shanghied Again
01-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Frank wants us to move the event away from that date so we don't have to inconvenince anyone, I just wanted to see how you felt, I figured everyone was up there already and it would be easier to trailer. Just a thought I am still trying to work out the details with Frank on a good date. So will keep it in July but more towards the beginning

boxy
01-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Frank, give me a call this weekend....
either on my cell, or at home..613-692-0192,

roadtrip se
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Frank and Boxy,

We love the 1000 Islands and we are coming back this year.

Are we talking about the Frank at the Boardwalk? Has he switched hotels? Nice guy, but his hotel was dirty and run down. And, the docking area was too shallow causing us weed problems.

I have a local friend, Monte, the guy with the fountain 35, who can give some suggestions if you want them. Let me know and I can put you in touch with him.

One place that sticks in my mind is Bonne Castle. Deep boat wells, gas on the water, rooms are okay and priced fairly, and a central area for our meet.

Done with my two cents!

Todd
"Owner of a shortie with low water pickup..."