PDA

View Full Version : Prop Testing at the Owners Rally

BigGrizzly
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
If you guys want to test props, let me know what you may need. I am not going to haul 500 pounds of props and have then sit in the tow car. Let me know! Who knows you might get that extra 3 MPH you have been searching for.:shocking:

txtaz
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
you might get that extra 3 MPH you have been searching for.:shocking:

3 MPH??? Hell, I'm still trying to get my forhead hair to grow back from that ride at Cumberland.:eek!::eek!::eek!:

Da Taz<---Grizz blows away Bajas like an F1.

Team Jefe
09-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Randy - I think I know the answer, but do you have any props that would fit an 07 Evinrude E-tec spliine? If so, I'd love to try out a few set ups.....Not even sure what size to ask for.

I currently run a 14 1/2" X 23" Viper.3 blade..though I've been told it is not a viper, but some other prop that was reworked before I got the boat (viper is stamped in small letters). I also have a 14 3/4" X 19" Viper 3-blade (Viper is cast in) that came with the e-tecs. THey get the boat on plane really well but they spin way too fast. the 23's spin well but the boat will hardly plane with sny kind of load.

if you do have some, its times 2 and one spins backwards

BigGrizzly
09-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Jeff, Email pr Pm me with the boat motor Hp and length and let me see what I can do. I am thinking a pair od OS1 in a 21 pitch. let me know I can handle the spline issue.

BigGrizzly
09-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Jeff thanks for the E-mail I honestly believe The vipers are not the ticket. Let me see what I can come up with. Have you ever tried a 4 blade if so what one. I am assuming you time is spent in the rougher water in the gulf, let me know.
Bob (tibert) I think I have just what you may need..

Barry Eller
09-09-2008, 08:23 AM
If you guys want to test props, let me know what you may need. I am not going to haul 500 pounds of props and have then sit in the tow car. Let me know! Who knows you might get that extra 3 MPH you have been searching for.:shocking:

I have 3 props already...Hydromotive 23" 4 blade, Ballistic 25" 3 blade (worked+), and a new Turbo 25" 3 blade that I haven't even tried yet.

But, if you have something that might be better...Just don't tell Denise!!!:hangum:

She thinks 3 props are enough! She prefers me to run the 4 blade Hydro, it goes slower, doesn't lift the bow, lands flatter...what does she know!:smash:

I do have a King Cobra removable hub for the Turbo.:wink:

BigGrizzly
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Barry. which hub. The T-loc or the square drive, Turbo uses both.

Barry Eller
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Barry. which hub. The T-loc or the square drive, Turbo uses both.

T-Loc #TTL200 OMC , still in the box.

By the way, is anyone bringing jumper cables...?:doh: