PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I used to hang out here.

SideshowRob
09-04-2008, 03:48 PM
So I've been a little busy lately..... New baby girl. June 14. New job (well 10 months ago), home renos, shed project, multiple sled/tractor/Terra Jet projects. Oh yah, and the boat, oh the boat... I have sat in it a few times, noooo, not in the water, that would be crazy.
I have managed to change the shift linkage, bellows, water line, frost plugs. But alas upon starting (attempting) a neglected carb (although rebuilt and tested last year) was not dispersing of fuel in the correct manner. Note to those who don't know, it should not shoot upwards into the breather :eek!: It now sits in the garage amongst yard sale items, and various projects. I'm looking for an October launch. Optimistic yes, but I'm just that crazy.
I actually have a question in all this. Volvo 280 tilt lock. At first would not lock (makes for an interesting ride, and I blamed the trim tabs):propeller: Well it now locks, however it won't unlock, although better than the first option, not ideal. My question; where should I begin my repair? I suspect the rod connecting to the lock is partly to blame. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Lectures? All will be processed and appreciated equally.

Robbie J

mrfixxall
09-04-2008, 04:39 PM
So I've been a little busy lately..... New baby girl. June 14. New job (well 10 months ago), home renos, shed project, multiple sled/tractor/Terra Jet projects. Oh yah, and the boat, oh the boat... I have sat in it a few times, noooo, not in the water, that would be crazy.
I have managed to change the shift linkage, bellows, water line, frost plugs. But alas upon starting (attempting) a neglected carb (although rebuilt and tested last year) was not dispersing of fuel in the correct manner. Note to those who don't know, it should not shoot upwards into the breather :eek!: It now sits in the garage amongst yard sale items, and various projects. I'm looking for an October launch. Optimistic yes, but I'm just that crazy.
I actually have a question in all this. Volvo 280 tilt lock. At first would not lock (makes for an interesting ride, and I blamed the trim tabs):propeller: Well it now locks, however it won't unlock, although better than the first option, not ideal. My question; where should I begin my repair? I suspect the rod connecting to the lock is partly to blame. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Lectures? All will be processed and appreciated equally.
Robbie J

make sure the bullit tip on the lock out rod is still their..somtimes their over adjusted or it was loose and finally fell off..

penbroke
09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Check the foot on the bottom of the shaft that pushes down to tilt the drive up. If it is missing that can bend the end of the reverse catch release rod and cause it to bind or it may bugger up the aluminum around the hole. Also check that the catch moves freely up and down on it's own.

Frank

Team Jefe
09-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I have no help for you with the Volvo...but welcome back