PDA

View Full Version : Big career change ahead

yeller
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
My last day with my current company is this coming Monday. Currently I service computerized control systems for mostly, but not limited to, HVAC systems. I do programming, network troubleshooting, graphics, some electrical work and minor installations.

This coming Tuesday, I start down a new path as a franchise owner for McDonalds. A big career switch to say the least, but I'm betting it will be well worth it.
I have to train in a store for about a year before the opportunity to purchase is presented. At this point, I don't know where I'll be buying, but I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. :)

Lenny
09-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Maybe when you're in the market for a new motor in the 22 you will be able to "supersize" it... :D

kramsay1234
09-02-2008, 05:21 PM
That sounds very interesting actually. To me, how could you go wrong? Every one I have seen seems to do well. I am sure you have done your research. Up here, Tim Horton's (coffee, donuts, muffins, bagels, and now soups, sandwiches, etc) is a license to print money if you can get into one of their franchises. People can't drive by one without stopping.

Best of luck with it. That new Angus burger is pretty tasty...:)

Barry Eller
09-02-2008, 05:25 PM
This coming Tuesday, I start down a new path as a franchise owner for McDonalds.

Can you say..."Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun"?

Congratulations!!!

:hi5::thumbsup::clap::beer::yippie::biggrin:

Patti
09-02-2008, 05:27 PM
How exciting!!
Jamie & I wish you nothing but lots of luck!..i'm sure you'll do great!
Congrats!! http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/morr1ta/mcdonalds.jpg

BigGrizzly
09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Good luck You can do it!!!@!

BlownCrewCab
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
My sister works for a guy who owns 7 McDonalds, He's friends with my old boss, My old boss sold his company for 52MILLION bucks and he says that guy that owns the mcD's HAS ALLOT OF MONEY. My sister made 45K a year and was going to get a new job, the day before she left the guy said If I double it will you stay, Needless to say shes still there. She gets his 1 year old Jeep Cherokee for a bonus every year. McD's is a HUGE Money Maker, If you get more than 1, well Your money Pile doubles and so on...
Go For IT!!!!!!

The Hedgehog
09-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe when you're in the market for a new motor in the 22 you will be able to "supersize" it... :D

That's pretty good Lenny.

I went into business for myself about 6 months ago. Bigger highs and bigger lows. So far I don't regret it one bit.

Donzi Vol
09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Congrats! As a fellow foodservice guy, I wish you the best. It's an acquired taste (pardon the pun), but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Oh and if you need to buy anything, by all means let me know. :wink:

McGary911
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Good luck with it. I made a pretty radical career change a few years back. Went from doing morning\talk radio to corporate IT stuff. Working out pretty well so far.

I've read about McDonald's franchising before, it'll be interesting to hear how they prepare you to open your own store.

yeller
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. :yes:

I'm pretty confident it will be a good move. My brother and sister in law both worked for the corporation for years and now own their own stores, so I have a pretty good support system to rely on.

Lenny, supersizing the motor....good idea. Boat's already the color of the big M. :wink::)

Might have to change my name from yeller.........how about McDonzi? :biggrin.:

catch 22
09-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Congrats. Best of Luck to you.

osur866
09-03-2008, 05:01 AM
Good luck, hope it all works out. Steve

onesubdrvr
09-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Yeller,

Best of luck to you,.. I'm hoping to make my career change from turning wrenches to doing IT stuff early next year....

But, when you do have you're own franchise, I expect to see the McRib on the menu FULL TIME!!

Wayne

BlownCrewCab
09-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Then 1 or 2 times a year you can have the "McMeeting" Another Donzi get together.

Donzi Vol
09-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey Yeller, how's the Mac treatin ya?