PDA

View Full Version : 22's 3rd time out.

harbormaster
08-31-2008, 02:44 PM
I took out the 22 on Friday Morning. I found my shifting problem.
It was my fault. I moved the pins in the shifter to position where I reduced the throw of the shifter. All this after fully disassembling the drive. :censored:

It ran great. The GPS Speedo and tach are not working correctly. I believe the Tach is picking up interference from something. Anyone have any experience wth this?

The GPS speedo antenna is under the foredeck but is probably too close to the steering assembly. Welcoming any thoughts on this.

Oil pressure gauge. My oil pressure gauge is registering 20lbs of pressure. It does not reflect any changes with RPMS. I am hoping its just an incorrect sender. I will temporarily put a manual oil pressure gauge in the engine compartment just to be sure....

Randy I was going to take my camera but forgot it.:wink:

harbormaster
08-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks Obama, You are really funny.:propeller:

justleft
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Check that the tach wire is not routed with the ignition coil wires.

If it's MSD the coil feed wires can carry 200+ volts and generate allot
of electrical noise.

harbormaster
09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Its running in a standard Merc wiring harness.

BigGrizzly
09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Scott my Gps antenna is mounted under my new Dash right under my tack and gages and does not have an issue, even thoe they Lowrance recomend it to be farther away then the 3 inchs that mine are. So I am sure that this isn't it and the antenna would have no affect on the tach. as for The oil pressure I always do a manual gauge check on a new engine for a while. On my Corsican I have never removed it. and the Criterion I kept it there for about 20 hours. I am thinking there is a ground or short in the harness. Next time remember the camera. Good luck. BTW 20 psi and not moving sounds like a ground.

mphatc
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
If your oil pressure sender is installed with teflon tape or anything that insulates it it will give a false reading.

I have the electronic gage on the dash, plus I have a mechanical gage in the engine compartment on the oil cooler t-stat. Make the mechanical gage an oil filled gage.

Mario L.