PDA

View Full Version : I noticed a difference in the LE and others (18's)

Lenny
08-28-2008, 01:19 AM
The 2" hull stripe does NOT taper from the top down to say 1/2" at the bow keeping 1/2" separation to the lower hull but in fact tapers UP so the 2" waterline stripe stays the same at the top of the stripe and the lower part heads up.

Opposite to all others. X's and 2+3's.

Whereas they (x's, 16's and 2+3's) taper the top of the stripe down at the bow, LE's taper the stripe up so the 1/2" separation actually grows to more like an 1" at the bow and the top of the 2" band is still in tact but the bottom of it heads up.

Minor I know, but a revelation to me... :)

Camera is missing the card at the moment so no pics. But important for indentity on others.

Marlin275
08-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I have noticed that difference on some repainted/restored Donzis.

gcarter
08-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Lenny, you may or may not be on to something.
There does seem to be a lot of difference on what crew built the boat. Maybe even day to day changes. Unless the same glass crew did all the LE's right in a row, who knows...maybe they did, probably they aren't all the same.

BigGrizzly
08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Lenny I remember when we got our 1966 16 new my Mom noticed the difference on another one on the floor. I see this all the time. If it weren't for that day I probably would never have noticed. Another difference difference Mom noticed was 2 18 side by side that the decals were reversed, brand new one red the other yellow. aqnything can happen.