PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana calls state of emergency....

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 07:18 PM
They are taking Gustav very serious-

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/27/gustav.nola/index.html

f_inscreenname
08-27-2008, 07:27 PM
If this happens again......:doh:

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Are New Orleans levies ready for another major hit? Were they made stronger after Katrina? I hope so, they may be put to the test.

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Levee reconstruction is not finished yet..

If that is the case, it is no wonder the Govenor called a state of emergency this far in advance. Still, a lot can happen between now and Monday or Tuesday. Let's hope for the best, with landfall, and oil production disruption in the Gulf.

Scott, you need to empty your PM box. Sent you a mess regular e-mail.

MOP
08-27-2008, 08:56 PM
If it does hit do you think the super intelligent mayor will use the 200 school buses to ferry the people out or let the buses get flooded out in the parking lot like last time!! And would you believe they reelected him:bonk:

vonkamp
08-27-2008, 09:14 PM
If it does hit do you think the super intelligent mayor will use the 200 school buses to ferry the people out or let the buses get flooded out in the parking lot like last time!! And would you believe they reelected him:bonk:

I don't think Governor Jindal will give him the opportunity to screw it up again. :crossfing:

mphatc
08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
I have a customer in New Orleans who stated that the real difficulties at the time of Katrina were because the Governor belonged to the other political party than the Mayor and the majority party in the State House . . and that the Mayor and the Governor had a strong negative relationship resulting from the previous election where the Mayor supported the loser.

and that when the new Governor was elected that most of all the difficulties in cash flow for reparations were immediately solved . .

Let's say our prayers that Gustave is a bit of wind and rain:crossfing::angel:

Mario L.

ky-donzi
08-28-2008, 08:01 AM
"""I have a customer in New Orleans who stated that the real difficulties at the time of Katrina were because the Governor belonged to the other political party than the Mayor and the majority party in the State House . . and that the Mayor and the Governor had a strong negative relationship resulting from the previous election where the Mayor supported the loser.

and that when the new Governor was elected that most of all the difficulties in cash flow for reparations were immediately solved . ."""

I get so tired of "Party Division"... I guess I should post this in the politics forum....&$^^#& .......... come on people work together...

Sorry for the hijack

DonziJon
08-28-2008, 09:44 AM

I havn't seen the honorable Mayor since Katy Couric interviewed him during the first Mardi Gras after the hurricane. The mayor was dressed up as a Four Star General. I think he prefers to be addressed now as Genearal Nagin.

Even the normally un-biased Katy Couric was "mortified" at having to interview the General. :shocking::shocking: