PDA

View Full Version : 1990 18' Classic with BBC

BLACKIE
08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
As they sometimes say, “All good things must come to an end”. I’ve discovered that this is true on more than one occasion during the course of my life. Thus, after giving it much thought I’ve come to the conclusion that I am going to sell my Donzi.
Having said that I still cannot believe that I’m really doing it but I am going to go through with it. The problem is that I just don’t use it enough to justify owning it. Last summer I didn’t use it at all. This summer I’ve only used it once. I make my living now by flying as a contract pilot and flight instructor thus my schedule varies from day to day and week to week. I just don’t have the time to use the boat any more. It just stays in my garage waiting patiently. In fact it has never spent a night outside since I bought it in 2003. It’s in perfect condition just waiting to be enjoyed by someone that has the time.
So having said all that I’m now offering it for sale on the Donzi web site. That’s where I found it and I’m hoping that somewhere there is another enthusiast that will give “Nervous Energy” a good home where she will be used on a regular basis. It’s been a great running, trouble free boat and I really hate to part with it but it deserves to be used more.
I’m attaching some photos of the boat and its engine to this posting. Also I have an 11 page “Word” document that has its history and specifications. This document was originally created by the first owner and has been updated by me. It is quite complete and describes the boat and its engine to a “T”. For interested parties it can be emailed as an attachment for your viewing pleasure. The boat comes fully equipped and ready for sea. It has a white hull with a black stripe and gold piping. The name and registration number colors match this scheme too. It’s powered by a 454 BBC making 420hp and has an OMC King Cobra outdrive with through hull IMCO stainless steel exhausts. This combination gives it a top speed of approx. 73 mph. It rides on a “Rolls” tandem axle aluminum bunk trailer with surge brakes and new tires. It is really well balanced and when towing it rides very smooth and straight, you don’t even know it’s behind you.
The price is $13,000.
Give me a call any evening and we can talk about it. I live on the shores of Lake St. Clair in Michigan about three blocks from the boat launch. If you can make it by for a look and you’re serious about purchase we can take it out for a spin. Several forum members are familiar with this boat and I’m sure they will vouch for it.
H. Ron Black (Blackie on the Donzi forum)
Home: 586 777-7411
Cell: 586 703-7751
22706 Gordon Switch
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081

RedDog
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
... Also I have an 11 page “Word” document that has its history and specifications. This document was originally created by the first owner and has been updated by me. It is quite complete and describes the boat and its engine to a “T”. For interested parties it can be emailed as an attachment for your viewing pleasure. ...

Actually, that document was created by the owner previous to you - not the first owner. :wink: For some reason the version I have is longer - and attached.

This boat was a blast. The acceleration was phenomenal and the King Cobra is a tough drive. I really miss it and hope it comes back to TN.

BLACKIE
08-31-2008, 12:49 PM
She's still available and ready to run, needs nothing. Come'on all you Donzi lovers. I know your thinking about it, :confused: go for it... you won't be sorry... There's still some time for quality boating this season.:wink:
If you don't act now, next spring your going to kick yourself for not acting when you had the chance. :doh:

crumph
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Just wondering how many hours are on the motor and drive?

BLACKIE
09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry it took so long to reply to this question. My wife had some surgery last week and I've been living at the hospital with her. She's home now and I've got some time to reply.

The time on the Hobb's meter now is 1,163.2 hours. The engine was installed at 83 hours. It has been freshened up in 1999 with valve seals and the Imco exhausts. The outdrive is original as far as I know. Both have been serviced regularly by qualified shops. They are in perfect shape. I also have a 23" SS backup prop. The marine radio and depth sounder work and are included.

Here's some additional pictures of the hull and interior.

Come on, I know there's an interested party out there. You won't find a better BBC 18' out there. This one is a turn-key and ready for sea.

Donzi Vol
09-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Blackie,

Hope everything is ok with your wife!

The boat looks great...wish I had the extra cash! Are you coming to the October event? And of course you're still energetically welcome even if you gladly sell your 18.

BLACKIE
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Are you coming to the October event? And of course you're still energetically welcome even if you gladly sell your 18.

Which event in October??? Would like to come if not too far away...

Donzi Vol
09-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Which event?! Oh Blackie... It's the Owner's Gathering Oct 3-5 in Destin, FL. Go to "Events and Gatherings" and click on "Owners Gathering (formerly...I don't remember)" I think I was the last post, so it should be easy to find. You should definitely come. It was my first Donzi event (the one last year) and I had a blast!!!