PDA

View Full Version : One way truck rental ideas..Tallahassee to Seattle

Lenny
08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Ideas and rates anyone? I want to fly into Tallahasse (one way, NOT roundtrip) rent a truck, drive down the left and do the Worlds again, then drive North to Hassee, pick up something and drive to Seattle WA. Links to local businesses ?

Pick up, Tallahassee, Fla Drop Off Seattle, WA.

Tidbart
08-27-2008, 02:34 PM
What kind of truck?

B

Donzi Racer
08-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Ideas and rates anyone? I want to fly into Tallahasse (one way, NOT roundtrip) rent a truck, drive down the left and do the Worlds again, then drive North to Hassee, pick up something and drive to Seattle WA. Links to local businesses ?

Pick up, Tallahassee, Fla Drop Off Seattle, WA.

I should say how much weight will you need to tow back. Since your normal size range is 20 ft. down I have a few ideas for you. The silly fuel cost these days would be worse than the rental cost. We have gotten very lucky mileage wise, renting vehichles that just happen to have a sleeve for a ball that can be dropped off elsewhere. Like a Surburban, Tahoe, lately using a trail blazer if weight is not bad. Even some pickup trucks work. We have been picking up in Orlando but maybe some deals close to tallahasee. PM me if you get a chance. Tom

yeller
08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Lenny, unless you really want to drive get your 'item' shipped by Osborne's. Trueser had them haul his boat and recommended them on this site, so I gave them a call. I'm getting something shipped from back east dirt cheap. Way less than what it would cost to rent a vehicle and pay for gas.
Can't find the link to their website right now. If your interested I'll send you the #.

Lenny
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
about 1500 pounds... and a Tandem Aluminum trailer.

Lenny
08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Lenny, unless you really want to drive get your 'item' shipped by Osborne's. Trueser had them haul his boat and recommended them on this site, so I gave them a call. I'm getting something shipped from back east dirt cheap. Way less than what it would cost to rent a vehicle and pay for gas.
Can't find the link to their website right now. If your interested I'll send you the #.

Let's see. I did, a few months back. I got Buizillas 18 out of Miami in November for $1900. Then 6-8 weeks later I got a quote out of Tallahassee ( a few hundred miles north) of $5500. :eek:

Then I joined U-ship.com I got everything from $4500-$6000. Osburne was the same as the rest.

Across the top, right to left, is not a big deal. Fla to the Northwest apparently is. I can rent a moving truck one way for $1000. Fuel will be about $650. Air one way is $244.

Sooooo, $2000 sounds a lot better than $5500 to me AND I get to see some new Country and take in the Worlds and Scooters...(again)

That is where I am at. Believe me, if the $1900 deal was still around (or even $2500) I wouldn't even consider this. BUT, time to go get it...

yeller
08-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Not sure when you last tried Osborne, but he's shipping SE to NW cheap. Here's the link:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52479

Mind you, he did say he was getting mine on as an extra so I'm saving $.

I originally checked the same route as you, but when I added in time off work, hotel costs, meals, it didn't seem so good anymore. Then Kyle Osborne gave me a deal I couldn't pass on.