PDA

View Full Version : Gustav now a Hurricane......

Donziweasel
08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Right now, might be another Lousiana and Texas hit....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/203813.shtml?5day#contents

Of course, it will probably mow over a bunch of oil derecks. Boo Boo's parents are in Mobile, AL. Bet they are starting to sweat a little. They have their beach house on Dauphin Island for sale right now. Took until now after Ivan and Katrina to get it in sellable shape.

Fuzzy and Buiz, looks like you are in the clear for now.

p729lws
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
This blows... nothing like getting ready for a weekend at Eufala w/ the gang when your previously flooded home is in the 5-day cone of a soon to be cat 3 hurricane....and 2 of the 5 computer models have the eye going over your 'hood. Good thing these are like bottle rockets and seldom end up where they're pointed....:crossfing:

Dan

tiger lily
08-26-2008, 07:03 PM
i hope this thing turns cat 4 or 5 and piles right into the oilfield!!!

Donziweasel
08-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Any particular reason you are hoping this hurricane plows through the oil dereks in the Gulf, upsets a portion of our oil supply, drives gas prices above 7.00 a gallon, devestates our already weak economy, creates a huge environmental disaster, kills people, and destroys a region? I think that is pretty damn malicious and ignorant considering people are losing their homes and jobs in this economy. This could be the catalist that drives the US economy into a SEVERE recession. You have some SERIOUS problems Ligerlily.

On a personal note, I thought I stated that I had family that had suffered under Katrina and Ivan in the region. Are you hoping Gustav hits them with a direct hit killing them too or do you just wish it destroys Boo Boo's father and two brothers homes and livelyhoods? Just curious.

I know there are some other members in that region as well. Barry, how do you feel about tigerlily hoping this becomes a cat 4 or 5 and destroys oil production in the gulf?

tiger lily
08-27-2008, 06:07 AM
because like katrina and rita, it means ill get a raise, and have guarnteed work for another 5 years. and trust me, if it gets big and aimed at the oil field, all platforms will be shut in , i dont rember seeing any big sheans from knocked over platforms after katrina, because they shut them in

tiger lily
08-27-2008, 06:10 AM
oh btw, i do reside in louisiana, and just like everyone else in southern louisiana working in the oil field, all would like to see it hit there, because of our fine system and laws against domestic offshore drilling, when one of these storms hits the oil field, it keeps us quite busy

Barry Eller
08-27-2008, 06:57 AM
i hope this thing turns cat 4 or 5 and piles right into the oilfield!!!

How RUDE!:shocking:

BUIZILLA
08-27-2008, 07:00 AM
i hope this thing turns cat 4 or 5 and piles right into the oilfield!!! the sum total of all your assets must fit in a cigar box....

Barry Eller
08-27-2008, 07:25 AM
I know there are some other members in that region as well. Barry, how do you feel about tigerlily hoping this becomes a cat 4 or 5 and destroys oil production in the gulf?

This "Cat" is insensitive to others. When Ivan destroyed Pensacola in 2004, we had people "profiting" from the suffering of others by "price gouging" for tree removal services, home repairs, etc. Some people were charging $25.00 for a bag of ice. Some were selling generators for 5 times their value.

These personality traits in people are the similar to people that pull the wings off flies and torture small animals. I have no use for them.

He states he is from Louisiana, he is not a "Southern Gentleman" by any stretch of the imagination. I would not want to be his friend.

BUIZILLA
08-27-2008, 07:28 AM
81% chance of Cat 3 within 72 hours... better hide that cigar box...

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 08:08 AM
YOU ARE HAPPY BECAUSE YOU GET A RAISE?????????? What the **** is your problem? If it goes to aCat 4-5 and hits land, PEOPLE WILL DIE! Why am I so fired up? I went through Hugo in Charleston (thats right, I stayed and went through it while in College, Cat 4) and saw a city I loved LEVELED! Then, I saw what happened to Boo Boo's family after Ivan and Katrina.

You do not deserve to be here on these boards. You were happy with Katrina, which KILLED 1800 people, and now you are hoping death, destruction, and finaincial hell on the Gulf region, which has not even fully recovered. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLES LIVES ARE DEVASTATED BY A CAT 4-5? I am done with this piece of ****. He is nothing but a leech.

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 08:18 AM
BTW, I've looked at some models, and Cat 5 is very possible.

tiger lily
08-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Let me rephrase this, since some of you took it wrong, I would never wish any misfortune on anyone period, and yes a family members of mine, there house was lost after katrina, they lived in bay st louis and that was hit the hardest, however any storm regardless of size will shut it every platform within 50 miles of the storm, and that alone will keep every oilfield worker in the gom busy for a long time, sorry that everyone is so sensitive of alittle oilfield humor

Barry Eller
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Let me rephrase this, since some of you took it wrong, I would never wish any misfortune on anyone period, and yes a family members of mine, there house was lost after katrina, they lived in bay st louis and that was hit the hardest, however any storm regardless of size will shut it every platform within 50 miles of the storm, and that alone will keep every oilfield worker in the gom busy for a long time, sorry that everyone is so sensitive of alittle oilfield humor

"I never had sex with that woman" said President Bill Clinton.

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
The track has it hitting between New Orleans and Mobile, AL. If it is a Cat 3+ this region will probably never recover, especailly after Katrina. My in-laws desperatly need the money from the sale of the house.

Tiger lily, I don't think you meant to be funny and there is nothing funny about this situation. You made a comment, and when I called you out, you tried to justify it. You weren't joking, you were sadly serious. If Gustav takes a hit on Mobile, AL, I personally hope I never see you on these boards again. Hope you make a lot of money, because when our economy crashes, a loaf a bread may cost you 10.00.

As I said, I went through a Cat 4 hurricane and it was the scariest and dumbest thing I have ever done. Then I got stuck in Charleston for 10 days without power, food or water. The smell was awful and I still have dreams about it. If you have never expererienced a Hurricane or the aftermath, I can not tell you how gut wrenching it is. Many of my freinds lost thier homes in Charleston from Hugo and I had one freind killed. Once again, there is nothing funny about Gustav and I can't even imagine that area after Ivan Katrina and now the possibility of Gustav. Ask Barry what Gulf Shores was like after Ivan. I went there after Ivan and can not even describe the damage. I also went to Bayou La Battry after Katrina and almost cried from the destruction and the many poor fisherman and shrimpers who lost thier livelyhoods.

Oil prices are on the rise already this morning from Gustav jitters.

Jraysray
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
"sorry that everyone is so sensitive of alittle oilfield humor"

F'in Oilfield Trash.

Ranman
08-27-2008, 04:59 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/370091716_07d70dd08f_o.jpg