PDA

View Full Version : Yee-Haa My Corsican runs again!!

mphatc
08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
It took close to 2 years , but I finally got it all back together, running and putting a smile on my face!
After 11 months wait for the CMI headers, and a hold up on my end because of an injury, C18 C32 was relaunched yesterday.
This time with more power, and hopefully all the gremlins eliminated. There's certainly not much of the old H&M SBF left in this thing now.
I had concerns that the CMI's with the higher compression ratio now at 10.3 :1, that the tone would be a bit louder than the old H&M logs . . . but we actually think it's a bit quieter . . it still sounds like a Ford! :)

My son took some pictures late yesterday, enjoy.

Mario L.

penbroke
08-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Congrads Mario. She looks great! I know it's been a battle.

Frank

Donziweasel
08-25-2008, 08:34 PM
SWEET!:biggrin.:

MOP
08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice to have the "Island Ferry" up and running! The Whaler had to be getting old!

Rob M
08-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Looking good!
Got any spare windshields - I need one for C-50.

superhatz
08-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Pretty sweet man.....great photos!

cutwater
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Nice Mario!!

BigGrizzly
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Mario I am happy for you. It looks great. I know it was an up hill battle. My hedders are long tube and dry to the end where water exits around the pipe. and mine are definitely louder but nicer sound so I put switchable silencers on the end. Still loud. What do I expect with a 351 Ford Cleveland. BTW Just so everybody knows, Mario helped me with the windshield and I thank him publicly, because as busy as he is he helped me.

ChristopherL
08-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Better pictures (not aiming into the sun, from the pitching deck of the Whaler!) to come after the long weekend. Although, it will be a struggle to get a photo that shows the boat... and not just Mario's big-a**ed grin! :wink:

-Chris
(No longer de-facto tow boat opperator) :hyper:

Dr. Dan
08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
:spongebob::beer:Great News...now can you drag your sorry Asch down to Lake George for our Picnic the week after this Labor Day? September 5th thru the 7th?

Bring Kinzy, Linda or your favorite Monk...but ya have to come down.... this is the coolest Event in the NorthEast... Old Car Show all weekend in the Village...Hot Rods running around everywhere...and we rent an Island and do Weird and Unusual Things to Foods with a Fork & Unnatural Spices.

I promise it will be a terrible time and you will not be entertained.

Doc of the Promised Land :screwy:

mphatc
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Dan,

Very tempting . . it all depends on how much time I get to put on it this weekend . . really don't want to travel w/o knowing it's 100% reliable . .

Because the following w/e I have a road race up Mt Washington in an M3 :yes::yes:
and the weekend after that I travel to Watkins Glen with the boat for a week on Lake Senaca and the NY canal over to Ithaca . . so the w/e of Lake George is my only chance to wrench if needed . . we'll see, it's a possibiility, but I can't make any promises!

Mario

BigGrizzly
08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Mario How about some Engine Compartment pictures!:)

smbarcelow
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Congrats, Mario. She's a beauty.

mphatc
08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Grizz . . .

see:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53489

More shake down this weekend . . Do you have props that will fit a Bravo I application . .
I presently have a 21P Vengence . . but know that I need more . .

Mario