PDA

View Full Version : The No Red Donzi Club Meets

RedDog
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
The No Red Donzi Boat Club had a nice Sunday Outing on Fort Loudon in Knoxville.

Members attending included:

ScoopDogy (Steve) in his teal '75 18 Classic

DonziVol (Dave and his brother Mike) in his baby blue '67 18 Barrel Back

Cutwater and Miss Cutwater (John & Cortney) - yes he has a Tesstarossa red Minx but he was riding in DonziVol's

RedDog (me) in my green striped '98 22 Classic. No pictures of me since I was the photographer :(

Many kudos to Miss Cutwater. She was straight from church in dress and heels and was game to ride around the lake with a bunch of guys.

BlownCrewCab
08-25-2008, 08:48 PM
So, Who's blue boat was faster? The H/M Volvo- Or the Chevy Powered Volvo?

Donzi Vol
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Tim,

Thanks so much for taking the pics and posting them! I've got one of your 22 that I'll post. Of course most of my vantage points were looking at your exhaust pipes...haha.

Mike,

We didn't put the two 18's next to one another. We'll have to try that next time when you're there! :wink:

Donzi Racer
08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
So, Who's blue boat was faster? The H/M Volvo- Or the Chevy Powered Volvo?

Ok OK, lets talk about most original, oldest, prettiest, nicest sound, funnest, & just an all around fantastic looking Barrel Back. Hmmmmmm?
I be sending up an ultra prop soon. That out to pic it up a mph or two. Maybe I will keep that until the get together in Florida in October. God, I must be getting old, to not care that much about speed anymore. I need to check my temp. I might have a severe fever. 41 year old original DOnzi's have been known to cause that. Wish I had of been there. Ya'll look like all of you were having a great time.
You boys need to frame that picture of you two and give it to your Momma for Christmas. ha ha Listen to your (WILD ASS), I mean nice, calm, & mellow Uncle now! Going to have to change my name to Donzi Cruiser.

BigGrizzly
08-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Dave I bet it is nice to ride in a boat with the drain plug in.:doh: I would like you to post a picture of your transom with the turned down pipes out of the water and on a trailer, so I can get a good look at them.

BlownCrewCab
08-26-2008, 08:59 AM
I Haven't heard about the drain plug, Please Do Tell.

Donzi Vol
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Dave I bet it is nice to ride in a boat with the drain plug in.:doh: I would like you to post a picture of your transom with the turned down pipes out of the water and on a trailer, so I can get a good look at them.

Will do. I'm not sure about the drain plug thing. Are you referring to when Uncle Tom's 22 was leaking at the Cumberland event? It wasn't the plug...but it still wasn't cool!

BigGrizzly
08-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes that was what I was referring to. But some one did that too.

Donzi Vol
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Alright guys. Wish you could have been here tonight. I decided that it would be best if I went ahead and checked on the Barrel Back as it's been sitting for a couple days without running. This stemming from our fuel problems that are hopefully fixed. So here's the short version. After I checked the lines and filters I decided that I needed to crank it up and let her run for a bit. Since I live in a nice, quite apartment complex, I had to drive it 10 miles to the lake. I backed the outdrive in at a quiet park across the channel from several $400,000-700,000 homes at 8:00pm. What they saw/heard was me standing in POURING down rain racing the motor with a huge smile on my face. This is getting ridiculous. Alright, time for dry clothes...

Grizz, I'll get you a pic soon.

Tim,Lanie, and Steve, any boating plans in the coming weeks?

RedDog
08-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Tim,Lanie, and Steve, any boating plans in the coming weeks?

I'm on the water every weekend (sometimes both days) for most every weekend through the end of the season - early to mid-November. Hope to boat with the Vol Navy a few times.

cutwater
08-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Cutwater and Miss Cutwater (John & Cortney) - yes he has a Tesstarossa red Minx but he was riding in DonziVol's

Many kudos to Miss Cutwater. She was straight from church in dress and heels and was game to ride around the lake with a bunch of guys.

Yeah, she's a good one. So, do you cringe when you see the bright red Minx coming?? :wink:

I'm on the water every weekend (sometimes both days) for most every weekend through the end of the season - early to mid-November. Hope to boat with the Vol Navy a few times.

I will be out Friday night, but you guys aren't invited, haha. I've thought about going to Boomsday, but with all the yoo-hoo's out there it makes me wonder whether it's worth risking it. Anyone going?

RedDog
08-27-2008, 05:58 AM
I've thought about going to Boomsday, but with all the yoo-hoo's out there it makes me wonder whether it's worth risking it. Anyone going?

I did it once and doubt I'll ever do it again unless I'm on a LARGE cruiser or house boat.

BigGrizzly
08-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Dave your getting as bad as your Uncle. Btw if yourcomming to the Owners rally and bringing your boat I could bring a couple of my special props for the Volvo.

BlownCrewCab
08-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Can someone tell David where to get some Earmuffs that will fit the old Volvo Drive so he doesn't keep pestering the wealthy people across from the boatramp. Then he'll be able to shake the apartment complex when ever he wants.

Donzi Vol
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Dave your getting as bad as your Uncle. Btw if yourcomming to the Owners rally and bringing your boat I could bring a couple of my special props for the Volvo.

Hey now! Easy with statements like that :wink:. I'm not sure if the '67 BB will be at the owner's gathering or not, but I'll let you know as it gets closer. Thanks for the offer!

And Mike, maybe I like pestering wealthy people. hehe...

Donzi Vol
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM

So here's what I'm thinking. Because of conserving gas money from JC to Knox and this: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0268?from=weekend_topnav_undeclared, I'll probably stay in JC this weekend. However, how about we boat to the Vol Navy on 9/13? Opening home game and 2 weeks from this Saturday.

Donzi Vol
08-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Grizz, I took some pics of the transom out of the water for you. I also included one that's probably too dark to see anything. It's a picture of one of the rich-people houses across from the boat ramp.

By the way, she's running great. We definitely need to do the Vol Navy in a couple weeks.

BigGrizzly
09-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Vol, get rid of that big fat fin and it will handle better and go faster

Donzi Vol
09-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Grizz, thanks for the input. However, we'll have to talk to DonziRacer before I start chopping stuff off. haha!

Donzi Vol
09-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey Knox guys,

Are we doing the Vol Navy next weekend? I'm planning on coming in town Friday after work, so I can be on the water whenever Saturday. Whadyasay?
All the best,
David

RedDog
09-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey Knox guys,

Are we doing the Vol Navy next weekend? I'm planning on coming in town Friday after work, so I can be on the water whenever Saturday. Whadyasay?
All the best,
David

what time is the game?

BlownCrewCab
09-07-2008, 08:23 AM
You Got #'s on that boat yet?

Donzi Vol
09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
what time is the game?

12:30. And I just got offered two tickets (free), so I'll give the extra to the first to accept.

BlownCrewCab, there are SOME numbers on the boat...

RedDog
09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
12:30. And I just got offered two tickets (free), so I'll give the extra to the first to accept.

BlownCrewCab, there are SOME numbers on the boat...

I accept! I just have to figure out some logistics. Donzi Deb is working on campus until 12 - 1:00 and needs a ride home. I think I can get it covered by one of my boys.

Speaking of numbers - if you are running your boat to the Vol Navy, your registration and safety gear has a fair chance of being checked. I guess I could run interference for you and distract them :wink:

Donzi Vol
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I accept! I just have to figure out some logistics. Donzi Deb is working on campus until 12 - 1:00 and needs a ride home. I think I can get it covered by one of my boys.

Speaking of numbers - if you are running your boat to the Vol Navy, your registration and safety gear has a fair chance of being checked. I guess I could run interference for you and distract them :wink:

Sounds good man! I'll give you a call mid-week and we'll work out the details. As for the numbers I'm fairly certain I can get them this week. And I've got all my safety gear (except for a rope for the anchor...haha!). If I can't get the #'s I guess you'll have to do circles in the middle of the river firing a pistol in the air as a distraction :nilly:

boldts
09-10-2008, 06:30 AM
On my way home from the Owners Rally a number of years ago. 1969 H/M 18' Classic. (White with blue stripe & no windshield of course.) Owners rally was at Sarasota so salt water of course. I'm heading North to Ohio and freezing temps as it is Nov. So I pull off the freeway at some fresh water lake North of Sarasota to circulate the good kinda water through the engine and get the salt out of her. It's raining of course and this launch ramp is across from some sort of forest type land. I start her up and take her up to about 2,000 rpms to get things happening a little faster. Man the echo in the trees of my thru-hull was excellent! I figure ok this needs to run awhile so I jump back in the truck. (It was raining) I fell asleep! LOL Musta been about an hour or so, but I awake to this guy pounding on my truck window. I roll it down and all the guy says to me is: ARE YOU GOING TO SHUT THAT BOAT OFF ANYTIME SOON? It was all I could do to keep from laughing as I said "Yes sir.....I will right away."

Looks like you all had a great time. Many more to all of you I hope in the future!

Dr. Dan
09-10-2008, 07:30 AM
On my way home from the Owners Rally a number of years ago. 1969 H/M 18' Classic. (White with blue stripe & no windshield of course.) Owners rally was at Sarasota so salt water of course. I'm heading North to Ohio and freezing temps as it is Nov. So I pull off the freeway at some fresh water lake North of Sarasota to circulate the good kinda water through the engine and get the salt out of her. It's raining of course and this launch ramp is across from some sort of forest type land. I start her up and take her up to about 2,000 rpms to get things happening a little faster. Man the echo in the trees of my thru-hull was excellent! I figure ok this needs to run awhile so I jump back in the truck. (It was raining) I fell asleep! LOL Musta been about an hour or so, but I awake to this guy pounding on my truck window. I roll it down and all the guy says to me is: ARE YOU GOING TO SHUT THAT BOAT OFF ANYTIME SOON? It was all I could do to keep from laughing as I said "Yes sir.....I will right away."
Looks like you all had a great time. Many more to all of you I hope in the future!

:doh:Just so I understand....you started the boat to flush it out....it was rainy and you went back into the Truck...while the Boat was running on the Trailer...and you dozed off for an hour?

you musta been tired....

Doc of Narcoleptic Tendencies :angel:

boldts
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
LOL Doc......Remeber this was after a weekend at the Owners rally running an 18 Classic on the bay. Loved every minute of it, but a larger Classic or Z type Donzi is the way to do that body of water. :wink: All the noise was out back......Truck with windows up was actually very quiet. LOL

Donzi Vol
09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Funny stuff, Scott! I thought that I would be ticking off all the fishermen around here (as is usually the case with our lovely loud boats). But here in upper East TN, they all put down their fishing poles and say, "Hey, what does that have in it?!" I love it.

Tom A.
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Isn't that red bottom paint on a "No Red" Donzi?:propeller:

RedDog
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Isn't that red bottom paint on a "No Red" Donzi?:propeller:

that doesn't count :wink: