PDA

View Full Version : Boating accident in Michigan on Clark Lake?

Sagbay32
08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know anything about a boating accident in Michigan, on Clark lake involving a Donzi classic? A co-worker was on the lake last weekend and heard something about it but did not get specifics.

Mike

Patti
08-25-2008, 07:05 PM
If it's the Clark Lake in the Irish Hills area (Near Michigan Speedway) well i've looked through local news sites and local newspaper sites and I don't see anything.

We live 25 miles or so from there and have a cottage on silver lake in the Irish Hills which is only 5 miles or so from Clark Lake.

I've searched and can't find anything. Would be interested to see a link if you come across anything!

Patti
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I found it.
http://blog.mlive.com/citpat/2008/08/lansing_man_dies_in_clark_lake.html
Doesn't say what kind of boat though..and this is Columbia township..not far from us..and very sad to say the least.

Carl C
08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that:garfield:.

BUIZILLA
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
wasn't there a Brian Main on here a few years back that had a 28ZX and sold/traded it for a 33ZX ? then went back to something smaller?

BUIZILLA
08-25-2008, 08:27 PM
he was DEFINATELY out of MI area.... I spoke to him about his ZX at one point...

Sagbay32
08-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I heard it was someone in a white classic w/ red stripe and that it was fatal. I was afraid to say anything else in case he was a regular here.

I'll post any info I receive.

Mike

gold-n-rod
08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
The deceased's obit was in the Lansing State Journal today. He was a very well-respected businessman and volunteered extensively in the community. Very tragic.

If you guys aren't always running with an auto-inflate PFD and a kill switch, here's a chilling reminder. :(

gold-n-rod
09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Here's a bit of an update. I talked to a friend this weekend who told me he saw the accident's coverage on one of the local TV newscasts. The video showed an empty Donzi, circling at speed. :(:(:(:(:(

Condolences to all involved or related to the victims.