PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Boating Weather In Michigan

Carl C
08-25-2008, 08:11 AM
I hope you fellow Michiganians are taking advantage of this like I am. Before you know it these 80 & 90 degree days will be done. I'm planning a run to Put-In-Bay from Lake St. Clair for tomorrow. Going to purchase a chart of Lake Erie this morning to augment the gps. Cheers and happy and safe boating everyone.:woot:

Brian41
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I came home from PIB yesterday at 6:00 AM and there were 4 to 5's. In the 32 and it wasn't bad at 40 mph but I had to be back for a boat sale. Hope tomorrow morning is better as we are taking the girls to Cedar Point. Have fun and do not forget to hit the splash bar.

Carl C
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Brian, I'll look for the Splash Bar. I got the chart today. Tomorrows Lake St. Clair forcast is 78* and sunny so I'll be going out but the west end of Lake Erie has a small craft advisory through tomorrow afternoon with 4-6 footers. I'll try again for PIB thursday. Anyone in?

Ranman
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Thursday night and Friday all day, I'll be at Metro Beach in the Formula (see sig). I'll most likely hang at the back finger docks (right around from the boat launch, behind the island). I'll be with a boat called "Mixed Up".

Saturday and Sunday: Muscamoot Bay - live rock bands on Johnny Z's boat in the bay all day.

Monday - Most likely at Poor Mans Bay between Belle Maer Harbor and MacRay Harbor.

Come by and have a beer if you're in the area.

yeller
08-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Carl, good to see you getting lots of use out of your boat. Pouring rain and cold out west. We had some killer weather 1st couple weeks of August but like an idiot, I decided to reno the kitchen instead. :smash::bonk:

smbarcelow
08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
After re-setting the spark timing tonight (35 degrees full advance), I took her out at dusk and ran her out a bit. What a perfect evening. I keep her at Morrison Lake...about halfway between Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan. The air was cool but not cold, the water was flat and the lake was nearly empty. Getting 4,900 RPM's with one passenger and trim set at the middle stop was icing on the cake.

Carl C
08-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Thursday night and Friday all day, I'll be at Metro Beach in the Formula (see sig). I'll most likely hang at the back finger docks (right around from the boat launch, behind the island). I'll be with a boat called "Mixed Up".

Saturday and Sunday: Muscamoot Bay - live rock bands on Johnny Z's boat in the bay all day.

Monday - Most likely at Poor Mans Bay between Belle Maer Harbor and MacRay Harbor.

Come by and have a beer if you're in the area. OK, if I do the run thursday and we are out late I'll look for you. That's where I take out anyway. We had a good run yesterday. With a small craft advisory on west Lake Erie and unrelenting 2-3 footers on St. Clair we ended up running the St. Clair River to Lake Huron again. We explored some channels and took breaks and anchored and swam in a little cove in Canada.

Brian41
08-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Carl, Good thing you did not hit lake Erie yesterday as the south end was more suited for surfing. We made it to Cedar Point but not by boat.

Ranman
08-27-2008, 08:12 AM
OK, if I do the run thursday and we are out late I'll look for you. That's where I take out anyway. We had a good run yesterday. With a small craft advisory on west Lake Erie and unrelenting 2-3 footers on St. Clair we ended up running the St. Clair River to Lake Huron again. We explored some channels and took breaks and anchored and swam in a little cove in Canada.

Sounds like I won't be out at Metro Beach now until Friday morning. Oh well..

I'm assuming you didn't contact Customs when you went for your little anchor/swim. I would be very careful doing that these days. I have seen lots of DHS Border Patrol on LSC. They say the helo camera can spot a mouse from 2 miles out. As soon as they spot your MC numbers and find out your not registered to be in Canada, your day will be ruined in a big way. I would stick to anchoring/swimming on the US side to be safe.

boxy
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Sounds like I won't be out at Metro Beach now until Friday morning. Oh well..
I'm assuming you didn't contact Customs when you went for your little anchor/swim. I would be very careful doing that these days. I have seen lots of DHS Border Patrol on LSC. They say the helo camera can spot a mouse from 2 miles out. As soon as they spot your MC numbers and find out your not registered to be in Canada, your day will be ruined in a big way. I would stick to anchoring/swimming on the US side to be safe.

I was just going to post the same thing. The second your anchor touches Canadian soil your are landed in Canada. Not only will Canada Border Services ruin your day, if you don't report back into US Border Services after you pull anchor, you now have illegally entered the US.....

PS: I like your pictures, but if you keep bumping BooBoo there's going to be trouble. :D :D

BUIZILLA
08-27-2008, 09:06 AM
if you drop anchor on foreign soil that's the same as putting a foot on it...

roadtrip se
08-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Keep dropping the anchor on the Canadian side and find out for yourself.

Make sure to schedule a little vaction time, before you go next time.

BUIZILLA
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
whether it be airspace or bottom space, you violated, blatantly, territorial borders

planes have been shot down

boats have been sunk

people died

people went to prison

for doing the exact same thing you did

your own GPS is physical and visual proof in a court of law

what's so hard to understand here?

Lenny
08-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Buizz and Boxy and RT have it right. I spend a ton of time in US waters, basically everytime I go out. I do not anchor or tie up to docks or go ashore unless I am prepared for the "full meal deal". Floating/driving, running hard, whatever is fine in either Country just do not contact the earth while there.

That being said, I spent 45 minutes last weekend "running" with Homeland Security beside their RIB in US waters. No problem. We also, (here) have US patrol vessels in our (Canadian) waters. All in all, I have NEVER had a problem, and I have NEVER been pulled over or questioned or anything like that in 42 years of Ocean boating on either side of the Border. Just be aware of the circumstances you put yourself in when you do this (technically "Land") and have the appropriate answers and or documentation and follow the protocol.

Losing a boat, truck and trailer, and even a fine will probably mess up your day...

Carl C
08-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Buizz and Boxy and RT have it right. I spend a ton of time in US waters, basically everytime I go out. I do not anchor or tie up to docks or go ashore unless I am prepared for the "full meal deal". Floating/driving, running hard, whatever is fine in either Country just do not contact the earth while there.

That being said, I spent 45 minutes last weekend "running" with Homeland Security beside their RIB in US waters. No problem. We also, (here) have US patrol vessels in our (Canadian) waters. All in all, I have NEVER had a problem, and I have NEVER been pulled over or questioned or anything like that in 42 years of Ocean boating on either side of the Border. Just be aware of the circumstances you put yourself in when you do this (technically "Land") and have the appropriate answers and or documentation and follow the protocol.

Losing a boat, truck and trailer, and even a fine will probably mess up your day... Thanks, that's what I will do.

Magicallbill
08-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Granted, this was back in the late-90's..
I cruised out to Pelee from Put-In-Bay, talked to a guy on shore, and turned around and went back to Ohio..No prob., but I didn't land or drop anchor.

Ranman
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
A US boater is permitted to be "underway" in Canadian waters. Underway means not anchored or moored and has nothing to do with your engine running (or not running). As soon as your anchor touches bottom or you moor or make fast to some permanent object, you need to report to Customs and register your presence/vessel.

As much as you wouldn't think so, there is a lot of shady activity going on in our preferred boating waters and the DHS Border Patrol and Canadian BP are all over the place. I see them in boats, in helicopters on bicycles in marinas, you name it.

A buddy of mine from Austrailia who lives in Livonia has "Perth, Austrailia" displayed as his home port under the name Sheeza Bewtie on his Wellcraft 2650. Even though there are Michigan registration numbers on the hull, I've seen DHS seriously question him at the docks. We always laugh and joke about what the fuel stop plan would look like while attempting to navigate the 7 seas from Perth Austraiia up to good ole' Harrison Township, MI in a Wellcraft Martinique 2650.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that they ARE watching.

Carl C
08-27-2008, 02:03 PM
A US boater is permitted to be "underway" in Canadian waters. Underway means not anchored or moored and has nothing to do with your engine running (or not running). As soon as your anchor touches bottom or you moor or make fast to some permanent object, you need to report to Customs and register your presence/vessel.

As much as you wouldn't think so, there is a lot of shady activity going on in our preferred boating waters and the DHS Border Patrol and Canadian BP are all over the place. I see them in boats, in helicopters on bicycles in marinas, you name it.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that they ARE watching. Indeed they ARE watching. I "raced" a large Coastie chopper up the St. Clair River. My one contact with the Coasties resulted in me obtaining a form that said "thank you for promoting safe boating":yippie:. :propeller:

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't think "racing" a law enforcement officer on a US border is the best thing to do. It might be construed as "running". I think it best to do everything possible to not raise interest in yourself on a border these days. Just asking for problems.

boxy
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Carl the CANPASS is a good idea, but it is only good for the boat/people it is issued to. My Parents each have one, tied to my Dad's Chapparall, if there is one more person on the boat, they have to all check in.

You could get a CanPASS, but it would only be useful if you were alone the day you stop.

We live this every time we go into the Lake of the Isles in the 1000 Islands....
USA water to your South, beer allowed on the boat.
Canadian water to your North, no beer, unless you are anchored for the night, but toplessness is legal.
If you are anchored, or RAFTED off someone who is anchored, on the US side, you better have your US Customs check in number.....

Carl C
08-27-2008, 06:18 PM
the chopper was in front of me flying low up the main channel and I briefly chased it and kept up.

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Gotcha. At first it sounded like he came up on ya and then you threw down the hammer, which of course would probably make him say "damn, that little yellow Donzi is up to something"

boxy
08-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Gotcha. At first it sounded like he came up on ya and then you threw down the hammer, which of course would probably make him say "damn, that little yellow Donzi is up to something"

....... quickly followed by the guy manning the .50 Cal drawing a bead on your engine hatch.

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
LOL Boxy. That would make for an expensive day of boating, a .50 in your 496.:smash:

yeller
08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
To add one more thing to the US/Cdn waters. There is a small lake in the interior that I go to sometimes and it straddles the border. For a few years after 911 you could only boat on the side you launched in. Things have eased up now, but I questioned a border guard last year on the 'rights' and 'wrongs' of boating across the border. He basically said what everyone here has and that is no anchoring, no going to shore.

He also said, "do not stop and talk to anyone on shore or in another boat" and that they watch the water religiously.

DONZI
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I hope you fellow Michiganians are taking advantage of this like I am. Before you know it these 80 & 90 degree days will be done. I'm planning a run to Put-In-Bay from Lake St. Clair for tomorrow. Going to purchase a chart of Lake Erie this morning to augment the gps. Cheers and happy and safe boating everyone.:woot:

The weathers been beautiful here also.:)

Vids from today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JwzymTFtno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vIXs5FYI4

Lenny
08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't think "racing" a law enforcement officer on a US border is the best thing to do. It might be construed as "running".

I do it all the time. Both here and in your Country. It is considered a respectful "fun" the way I see it and no one has ever hassled me. They are just as proud of their boats as we (I) am... and there is the OBVIOUS, YES, I will slow down kind of stare and wave thingy in full knowledge that they control the waters when they want to.

No problems, just fun. And I do not drink a 6 pack and play this game. In fact, I do not drink more than 2 and play this game. :D

Donziweasel
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
All I can say is be careful. You might get a crew one day that doesn't consider it a game.

Whether in marinized law enforcement or a private boater, I guess we all love our boats and like to show them off.

Carl C
08-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Cool vids, it doesn't take long to get around in these boats does it? I backed down to 3,500 rpm when the gas gauge started to move and was still cruising at 55 mph. Nice roostertail too, a little higher than mine unless I trim up a lot.

Lenny
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
The weathers been beautiful here also.:)

Sure seems like you sorta got your bow lift thingy figured out by the vids ???

Arneson ASD-6 correct? and you got the trim fin finally dialed in ???

mike o
08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Carl the CANPASS is a good idea, but it is only good for the boat/people it is issued to. My Parents each have one, tied to my Dad's Chapparall, if there is one more person on the boat, they have to all check in.

You could get a CanPASS, but it would only be useful if you were alone the day you stop.

We live this every time we go into the Lake of the Isles in the 1000 Islands....
USA water to your South, beer allowed on the boat.
Canadian water to your North, no beer, unless you are anchored for the night, but toplessness is legal.
If you are anchored, or RAFTED off someone who is anchored, on the US side, you better have your US Customs check in number......... .....which way do I go? tittys:crossfing: or beer:wink:

mattyboy
08-28-2008, 08:04 AM
so

just a hypethetical question, you are a good mariner and you have an anchor line with 7 times the length of the water depth, you anchor in the US the current takes the boat over the border but the anchor was set right and holds the anchor is in US soil the boat in in Canadian waters your cooler has a 6 pack of molson brewed in the US and a 6 pack of coors light brewed in Canada you have only checked in with your bookie for the latest lines

how much trouble are you in :p ;)

mattyboy
08-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Carl,

some things are better left unsaid

boxy
08-28-2008, 03:24 PM
No POT, no alcohol when on a serious run. If just out for sun and swimming I can have my one drink per hour.

Carl,
some things are better left unsaid

True, but the only way to learn some other things is to talk about it.

Carl, I believe what the good Senator from Lake Greenwood was alluding to was the somewhat short-sighted position of announcing your contraband combustible relaxant of choice on a thread that is mainly dealing with the laws and protocols surrounding cross border boating.

Carl C
08-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Carl, I believe what the good Senator from Lake Greenwood was alluding to was the somewhat short-sighted position of announcing your contraband combustible relaxant of choice on a thread that is mainly dealing with the laws and protocols surrounding cross border boating.Ah, yes, you are right! Lots of Gatorade, that's what you will find on my boat!

Trueser
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Ah, yes, you are right! I only mentioned that because it came up a long time ago on a thread about drinking beer while boating. When on the big waters I make absolutely sure that no one is bringing aboard anything illegal. The Coasties can bring a dog on board and can even drill holes all over the boat if they suspect there may be contraband on board. No pot allowed on my boat on big water. Rarely on the small pond anymore. I rarely even drink beer anymore. Lots of Gatorade, that's what you will find on my boat!

Carl,
You crack me up. Running a 22 and both of those just don't mix. And you take your boating seriously.

mattyboy
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
my satire was more how the 2 countries have a unified business and corporate relation ship i mean my ford is from Canada and we consider each other neighbors but I guess lines are drawn in the sand for a reason in todays world you can't be laxed at all

Carl C
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Carl,
You crack me up. Running a 22 and both of those just don't mix. And you take your boating seriously. I drive my boat sober and I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy driving my boat sober with my reflexes fast and my eyes glued to the water in front of me and my mind on nothing else except driving my boat and making adjustments to trim and tabs and throttle. I love driving my Donzi......while straight.

my satire was more how the 2 countries have a unified business and corporate relation ship i mean my ford is from Canada and we consider each other neighbors but I guess lines are drawn in the sand for a reason in todays world you can't be laxed at all I would hope that the main concern is to stop future terrorist attacks. My worst nightmare is a nuclear weapon set off here. The threat is far from over. We have been safe since 2001 because someone is doing a good job.:ribbon:

BUIZILLA
08-28-2008, 05:04 PM
My worst nightmare is a nuclear weapon set off here. The threat is far from over. We have been safe since 2001 because someone is doing a good job.:ribbon: I wouldn't say we are doing that good of a job... a better job maybe,

but good enough?, that's debatable...

roadtrip se
08-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Carl,
You crack me up. Running a 22 and both of those just don't mix. And you take your boating seriously.

Is this a rhetorical question? I believe I know the answer.

Matty, great to have you back Senator! This place needed a little air freshener....

gero1
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM
i have heard better answers from ME!!!!!! too funny

Ranman
08-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Carl, This is the wrong place to talk about drinking and pot. It's a boating board don't you know? And no self-respecting boater would even consider those things out on the water. :rolleyes: You look silly peddling in every which direction trying to justify yourself amongst all the judgemental eyes. Like a fish out of water.

If you haven't figured it out yet. there's a few righteous, tight ass, judgemental, douchebags who seem to think they know it all on this board (my opinion of course :cool:). Whenever anyone else expresses a differing opinion, particularly one that may be a little more "relaxed", said douchbags tend to get their panties all twisted and then react by flaming/shaming the member right out of the place. It's a big part of the the reason why so many members (i.e. all the fun ones) have left over the years and/or don't bother to post regularly anymore. The place has become a big drag, burdened by the overbearing opinions of a few who continually bully others and attempt to control the place driving off any members who are deemed "unwelcome".

Wise up, play it safe, stick to life vest and safety talk on this board. PM me if you want to know where the fun people are.

Donziweasel
08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Carl, This is the wrong place to talk about drinking and pot. It's a boating board don't you know? And no self-respecting boater would even consider those things out on the water. :rolleyes: You look silly peddling in every which direction trying to justify yourself amongst all the judgemental eyes. Like a fish out of water.
If you haven't figured it out yet. there's a few righteous, tight ass, judgemental, douchebags who seem to think they know it all on this board (my opinion of course :cool:). Whenever anyone else expresses a differing opinion, particularly one that may be a little more "relaxed", said douchbags tend to get their panties all twisted and then react by flaming/shaming the member right out of the place. It's a big part of the the reason why so many members (i.e. all the fun ones) have left over the years and/or don't bother to post regularly anymore. The place has become a big drag, burdened by the overbearing opinions of a few who continually bully others and attempt to control the place driving off any members who are deemed "unwelcome".
Wise up, play it safe, stick to life vest and safety talk on this board. PM me if you want to know where the fun people are.

:eek!:

roadtrip se
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
And a bunch of name calling too. Very nice and classy. Since I can assume without much of a reach that this load of manure was directed at me to some extent, please allow me to respond with a little love of my own.

First of all, I think you know this group isn't what you just described. I do remember you consuming a quart of strawberry moonshine out of my refrigerator on my front lawn just a little over a year ago. So put your knives away for another day.

Now, let's go to what I am and am not, as I can not speak for everyone here. What I am not is a pot smoking drug addict who drinks a case of beer on the water, and then tries to find my way home hopefully doing damage to no one but myself along the way.

What I am is someone who wants to share a common interest across the country with people from all walks of life with an air of class and mutual respect. Funny thing, I met you and Jen, when I was still traveling for business.

What I am worn out on is constant instigating, thoughtless opinions being thrown out that are uninformed and poorly stated, and then the predictable waffeling when someone like me calls the person on the load of crap for what it is. Follow this up with a little piling-on and goodwill dose of personal attacks from anyone who thinks they have a score to settle thrown in for good measure after the fact.

I invest a bunch of my personal free time to build friendships on a one-to-one basis with people I interact with here and that I meet at rallies. What I don't do is abuse or disrespect those friendships with troll-like, BS that has no value other than to stir up a hornets nest with no instrinsic, or lasting substance. Basically, if I couldn't call this person up or better yet, say it to them in person, I don't post it.

Ironcially, I have been doing a little research on a new trailer lately for a new boat we are considering. It was amazing how much my words on a previous experience with MYCO that ended well that I posted here in its entirety, had been cut and pasted around the web, and then twisted to suit the needs of that individual.

The internet can be a real cesspool at times. Sorry, if I don't feel like seeing the donzi.net become part of that.

Donziweasel
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I have had some time to digest what Ranman said and I guess I would like to respond.

First, Carl, quit trying to make peace all the time. Sometimes, we bicker, we fight, and that is that. Sometimes, a little blow out ain't a bad thing. Makes things interesting and can get rid of the bad blood. Does it really hurt you?

Ranman, if you feel that way, why are you here? Personally, I think that is a load of crap. Smokin' grass, drinkin' and party stories are perhaps better on other forums and there are plenty of them. Carl can tell you, still a pirate on the pirate forum Carl? The same "righteous, tight ass, judgemental, douchebags" have helped a hell of a lot of people here. Parts, suggestions, technical help, etc.... They also help put on events, maintain this website, etc.... and I consider many of them freinds. If anything, I am an outcast here. Never attended an event, never met anyone from here and don't live close to anything or anyone. Still, I have had parts sent to me to try, help gaining 13 mph on my boat and some damn good advice, boating and otherwise. If those are your views, go smoke some grass, drink some shine and tell everyone on another forum how cool you are and how much donzi.net sucks.

As for Roadtrip, hell, I like his attitude. Never talked to him in person, but I hope to meet him someday and he tells it like it is (brutally so sometimes), holds his ground if he feels he is right, and ain't afraid to call BS. He and I have gotten into it, and even though we disagreed big time, I respected the fact that he held his ground. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. It's all good.

DonziChris
08-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Welcome back Mattyboy, good to see you back.

Chris

roadtrip se
08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Don't you guys do this forum thing because it is fun and relaxing and informative and a way to make friends????? I do and it hurts me to see the bickering going on between people here who should be friends because we all share a love of Donzi powerboats. Classics in particular. Enough said, I'll be busy for the next few days. C'mon man, lighten up and enjoy the holiday week-end. And keep it safe, it'll be a zoo on the water.:)

a fun place, so sober up and try engaging your brain a little before posting whatever comes to what is left firing in those frontal lobes of yours.

Maybe if you tried this, we wouldn't have to read your after the fact, "Gee what is wrong with everybody, can't we get along?" attempts at cleaning up the mess you started in the first place. It is repetitve and predictable.

Now, feel free to take a long weekend, preferably somewhere without access to the internet.

DW, thanks for the post. MP, as always the voice of reason. Thanks.

Donziweasel
08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I have to agree somewhat. Carl, it is your posts that generally turn ugly. Mostly because what you post is taken the wrong way or is posted so that you know damn well it is going to be taken the wrong way. Then it is backpeddaling and "can't we all get along". Perhaps a little more time and effort into what you are posting would help bring about the "peace" you want. If you are going to post that you break international laws, smoke grass or get drunk when you boat, etc....you know damn well that it is simply not going to to go over very well. I am sure others do what you do, maybe even me, but we don't go plastering it on a public forums and then sit back and watch the fireworks.

It is a pattern, Carl post with foot in mouth, someone calls him on it, others tell them to leave Carl alone, fight ensues, Carl asks for peace.

I am glad the rep points are gone because I am sure I would have had my ass handed to me this week.:wink:

Lenny
08-29-2008, 08:01 PM
What I really want to do is give Lenny and Deneen the keys to my Lake house and let them use the 22 for a couple weeks and fire up the smokers for some good brisket. THAT, is what would make me happy.

No problem Todd and Jill. We're all over it.

:D

Carl C
08-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Randy(Ranman) thank you for the support and I'm sorry this came down on you. You guys need to lighten up. Life can be good:chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:. I've also recieved some supportive PMs and I thank you guys for that.

SilverBack
08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Carl,
I hope that you have a good weekend. I was getting some good information about boating on the border until this thread got side tracked. I loved hearing about your IMCO shorty. I have to admit that I was surprised when you started talking about certain things that I would not expect to see on a forum like this.

Good luck with things!

Carl C
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Carl,
I hope that you have a good weekend. I was getting some good information about boating on the border until this thread got side tracked. I loved hearing about your IMCO shorty. I have to admit that I was surprised when you started talking about certain things that I would not expect to see on a forum like this.

Good luck with things! I appreciate that. Thanks.:alligator

Donziweasel
08-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Carl, you are at it again. Thanking Ranman and sorry this came down on him? Out of nowhere he calls members "righteous, tight ass, judgemental, douchebags" and you support this? Do you approve of his post?

Next, you did not mention one time that the reason Todd called you on the Fountain thread is because of the Don comment.

And finally, you posted a thread about nice weather boating and proceeded to talk about breaking international immigration laws and smokin grass/drinkin beer.

This is the "backpedaling". You are innocent, said nothing wrong and why is everyone mad? Perfect example.

I like smiley faces AND, I am not mean.

Donziweasel
08-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I remember the drinking and boating thread very well. Wasn't that around the time you became a pirate, right matee? I don't remember an inside joke about smokin grass between you Jamie and Matty. Also, Shiver me timbers, I don't remember sending you that PM. Sure, I would love to see it. IF, and that is a big IF, I did condone smokin grass, like you said, it was in a PM and not out there for the whole world to see or while boating. Well ahoy matee and a good day to ya, may you sails be full, the wind at your back and enough loot for the whole crew!

Oh yeah, I believe that kitty rolling a joint, which I found hilarious, was satire. Kittens don't smoke pot Carl. They lack opposable thumbs and can not roll a joint or put the pot in a pipe. Even if they could, they would not be able to strike a match or get a lighter lit to light the dope.

AND finally, I think most of us know Don's history very well and how he did business, but thank you for continueing my education.

roadtrip se
08-30-2008, 10:05 AM
I'll make you a deal...

1) I will go to a doctor and ask for whatever meds you think I need, submit to a complete mental analysis, and fill and take the perscriptions which won't be perscribed because I am perfectly fine. But, I'll do it, scan the medical claim, and post it here as proof for all to see.

2) You will go to a doctor who will check you into rehab for alcohol and drug addiction. Once you dry out and your brain, whats left of it, starts functioning again, you will enroll in and complete an English writing class at one of the local community colleges.

Problem solved. I chill out in a med-induced happy place and you become sober and learn how to express yourself in a clear and competent manner.

No deal?

Then, let the games continue. You post crap that could be interpreted fifty different ways to Sunday with little real world knowledge, I or someone else points it out abruptly, somebody feels sorry for you because you are helplessly lost and makes a bunch of noise in your defense because you can't defend yourself, and then the revisions and backpedaling starts.

As for the current items under contention and in full road wreck mode:

1) Arnonow was shot in cold blood. Yes, this was a loose, but very possible interpretation to your "move on" comment.
I did call you "Bucky", but there was no other name calling on the thread.

2) Your knowledge about Fountain is obviously lacking. None actually based on your comments, so try just not saying
anything when you have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

3) Pot is pot. Beer is beer. The law is the law. No interpretation needed. Instigation on your part? Yep.

4) I sincerely doubt that the Senator's re-appearance here has anything to do with you with almost 100% certainty.

Rinse, repeat. I'm game. Are you?

Donziweasel
08-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Carl, that thread was in August or September of 2006. I had been on these boards for a month or two. I would not then, nor now, pm someone I had just met that I smoke pot. I wouldn't PM anyone even after being here over 2years that I smoke pot. Sorry, but since you seem to have an affinity for it and it kills memory, you must be thinking of someone else. The reason I remember the thread so well is that I stated that I do not drink and drive my boat. You said you did. I am no saint, but until you come out, visit, sit down with me, become my friend, and have a cold one will you know what I do or don't do. I know after calling you out for drinking and driving your boat Carl, I am not going to PM you and say I was just kidding and smoke pot to. Don't try and justify your personal habits by trying to say I do what you do. That, my friend, ain't right.

Also, few problems. You state that on an adult boating site you smoked a few joints while out and about. This was BEFORE you got your Donzi. This was on lakepirate.com. It was Sept of 2006. You had your Donzi Carl. That was a flat lie.

Next, Don started USA Racing and got contracts from the Customs to build boats. They built the Blue Thunder Cats, which were NOT faster than drug boats by any means. They were 39 ft and basically basically junk with a top speed of 56 mph. Pwered by twin 440 horse 540 enignes.. Biggest problem was the drives could not handle the power and got trashed constantly. They ended up being basically promotional tools for boat shows, etc...He then sold the company to Ben Kramer, but do to his reputation as a Drug Smuggler, US Customs dropped thier contract. Kramer was then forced to sell the company back to Don at a loss. Ben and another gentleman named Bobby Young killed Don after a meeting with Bob Saccenti from Apache Boats. Ben was just a Don wanna be all his life, but could never compete on any level with him. Bobby was just a dumb kid. Don not only started and sold boat companies, he also started Cigarette, sold it, bought it back and sold it again. So, he owned it twice along with USA Racing. I think before you go around telling everyone how much you know about Don, you might want to get your facts right.

Now, which boats did Don build for the US Government that were faster than the drug boats?

I believe this is what Todd is refering to when he says you make uninformed remarks.

gold-n-rod
08-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll make you a deal...
1) I will go to a doctor and ask for whatever meds you think I need, submit to a complete mental analysis, and fill and take the perscriptions which won't be perscribed because I am perfectly fine. But, I'll do it, scan the medical claim, and post it here as proof for all to see.
2) You will go to a doctor who will check you into rehab for alcohol and drug addiction. Once you dry out and your brain, whats left of it, starts functioning again, you will enroll in and complete an English writing class at one of the local community colleges.
Problem solved. I chill out in a med-induced happy place and you become sober and learn how to express yourself in a clear and competent manner.
No deal?
Then, let the games continue. You post crap that could be interpreted fifty different ways to Sunday with little real world knowledge, I or someone else points it out abruptly, somebody feels sorry for you because you are helplessly lost and makes a bunch of noise in your defense because you can't defend yourself, and then the revisions and backpedaling starts.
As for the current items under contention and in full road wreck mode:
1) Arnonow was shot in cold blood. Yes, this was a loose, but very possible interpretation to your "move on" comment.
I did call you "Bucky", but there was no other name calling on the thread.
2) Your knowledge about Fountain is obviously lacking. None actually based on your comments, so try just not saying
anything when you have nothing of value to add to the conversation.
3) Pot is pot. Beer is beer. The law is the law. No interpretation needed. Instigation on your part? Yep.
4) I sincerely doubt that the Senator's re-appearance here has anything to do with you with almost 100% certainty.
Rinse, repeat. I'm game. Are you?
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:otqiGWFTbEAJ::pro.corbis.com/images/CB055846.jpg%253Fsize%253D572%2526uid%253D%25257B0 A55A746-48AA-4A2A-B09C-18D162FC3CAA%25257D
Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah Nah nah nah nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattyboy
08-31-2008, 01:13 PM
:)

i have returned I will not take up space with my reasons but will be happy to discuss over a cyber shot or beer
:(
Carl, this is where you get yourself in trouble I was trying politely to tell you not to say things outloud cause it would flare upon you. you should really read your post as a third person, pot beer illegal border crossings gps pics not good things you mentioned and inside thing/joke about pot with Jamie myself and you but you don't clarify I am not sure what you meant by it??? the pm we exchanged years ago about the whole boat drunk thing is that what you meant??? someone else reading that might take it in a bad way and it looks like we are doing something wrong I know and have met Jamie to inpune his reputation like that is wrong he is a stand up guy please think about what you post i don't use drugs i like to have a drink with the best of them but I don't smoke pot
I hope you didn't mean anything negative by this

I respect what Todd and Ranman do they post what they feel I might not agree with it and usually don't as I am sure they don't agree with what I say sometimes

I would type more but my butt cheeks are chafing :) ;)

Carl C
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM

I would type more but my butt cheeks are chafing :) ;) Mine too. I wasn't going to post on this thread anymore and this will be short and to the point because I'm getting ready to head up to Oscoda. I dropped some names and I will clarify. You were and probably still are positively against drinking while boating. Probably Jamie too. Neither of you said anything about pot smoking and I doubt either of you partake in that. I did get some PMs that thought the pot thing was funny back then. Not from you, not from Rootsy. Enjoy the holiday tomorrow. My friends and I will be on the beach on Lake Huron. Peace.:)

Matty, regarding your post #65, you asked me to clarify.

roadtrip se
09-01-2008, 10:01 AM
..... you really are out of touch. See my above post on the alcohol and drug addiction thing. You are the only one posting the negative comments about Don Aronow. Do you also want to talk about how he sold his companys with no compete clauses but found a way around it? Do you want to talk about how he built fast boats for drug runners and then built even faster boats for the feds which pissed off a lot of dangerous people? Everyone can see who is being the jerk lately and I am still getting positive PMs. I think something is not good in your life right now and you are an angry man.
John, I remember the PM well and it will stay just that.........Private.
Mr. 'Poodle, maybe I should walk away from this now.:)

It's about you. And please, stop making inferences about my mental state as you don't have a clue about your own mental state much less mine.
I have already offered to get an exam in exchange for your sobering up and learning how to express yourself in some form of prose that resembles the English language.

Of course, this would still not account for your inability to own up to your actions. And, oh by the way, nobody is running for office here and we aren't holding a popularity cotest, so I could care less about all of the great PMs you are supposedly receiving. I'm getting them too, and guess what the general theme is? Thank you for taking this person to task, we are tired of his rambling, waffling, instigating, revisionist, and drug-ladled crud.

Keep attacking me on a personal level friend, It just fuels my drive to keep calling you out. How much of this do you really want? A Donzi friend put it best when I was discussing your tired horse crap with them the other day... If I loved swimming at much as I loved Donzis, your actions could be compared to somebody taking a leak in my swimming pool. I, and many others here, have had enough of it. Plain and simple, not hard to understand even for you, just shut up. Most are tired of hearing it.

Donziweasel
09-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Carl, was going to take a break, but I want to say- Don't EVER insinuate I smoke pot on this or any other forum again, PERIOD!:mad:

mattyboy
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Carl C;464537] I wasn't going to post on this thread anymore/QUOTE]
should have just listen to your self

Ed Donnelly
09-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey Mattyboy;;; Nice to see you back.. Hope its for a long while..

Keep checking the calendar,,posts feel like February..

Carl; I seem to always read your posts as non hurtful,,,,BUT,,

nondrinker means nondrinker not a few beers on a hot day..

I won't get in a boat if the driver has had even 1 beer.........

If you are a non smoker, then you are a non smoker

That means cigs, cigars, grass, hash, crack etc. etc.

I am a non drinker and a non smoker period..
Quit the cigs Mar. 5th 2007 ( the only thing I ever smoked)

Last beer I had was around 40 yrs ago.............Ed

Ed Donnelly
09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Carl; Clear out your P.M. box. I have an earfull for you.

Better still, post here what you P.M.'ed me:shocking::shocking:..Ed

boxy
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Carl; Clear out your P.M. box. I have an earfull for you.
Better still, post here what you P.M.'ed me:shocking::shocking:..Ed

Ruh Row.....

Set him straight Ed.

roadtrip se
09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
stands for "Private Mail".

I would respect that and NOT be forwarding these to other members on the board. If the sender wanted these forwarded, he wouldn't send the message privately. Of course, why would I expect anything more or less?

For the record, I have not sent anything to my buddy Carl. Public is fine with me.

This thread doesn't make any sense now with all of the modifications. Why not delete it completely? It isn't worth much any way.

gero1
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
i just wanted to take this time to say "i am sorry" to mop for a comment i made about boat fuel mileage. i ran my boat out of fuel at aoth this year, i should have listened to him.

Rootsy
09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
just for the record I have never smoked weed or done any illegal drugs in my life... Closest I've probably ever come would be a contact high, if you would call it that, at a few concerts. Such is the evils of second hand smoke.

I also don't condone in any way shape or form impaired driving, boating or operation and handling of items which may kill or mame yourself or others. Not to say I'm a saint and have not been irresponsible from time to time in my youth...

Donziweasel
09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I haven't posted in 4-5 days, but I think this is important and due to certain implications, I want to set the record straight. I use to smoke in College and when I first moved here and was a whitewater guide. The last time was November 30, 1995, the day before I bought my company. I live in a very liberal area and it is a part of life out here. Don't look down on it, just don't do it. I also drug test myself and every driver annually as per USDOT regulations.

I also do not condone operating a boat while under the infuence of anything, whether it be me going 60 in my 16, someone going near 80 in a 22 with a shortened drive and no external steering, or a Bayliner going 30 with the kids on board. Just bad mojo.

SO, there you have it. Show up at my place with a bottle of Captain Morgan's, I will be happy to sit down and drink it with you. If you want to fire up a jay, be my guest, I won't look down on you, but I won't join you either. It's all good.:)

Carl C
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
At least it's getting a little more civilized. Since I can't delete this thread I did clean it up and edit it. It is my thread. I think it would be a good idea to let this thread fade away now before it causes any more bad blood. I will probably lay low awhile too.

mattyboy
09-04-2008, 10:28 AM
At least it's getting a little more civilized. Since I can't delete this thread I did clean it up and edit it. It is my thread. I think it would be a good idea to let this thread fade away now before it causes any more bad blood. I will probably lay low awhile too.

you can blame me for not beeing able to delete a thread, and it is not your thread well not really as soon as it is posted it becomes property of the owner
which is in part due to some of my problems and issues I had, but have adjusted to that premise, the mgmt can make them dissapear or reappear and for those who say alot of great info was lost in my posts not so it looks like my good posts have reappeared by design or by accident of backup during an update which is fine by me but most were not worth the screen they were written on