PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about these trucks.....

Donziweasel
08-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these trucks. 4wd, 60+ mph, 40 mpg. I guess Diahatsu, Honda and Suzuki makes them.

ky-donzi
08-23-2008, 06:18 PM
I saw a bunch of them in the Caymen Islands last year,,,,, most I have seen were suzukis.... I don't think you can get 60 out of one, but don't know for sure....

Theres one for sale here in Ky down the street from me right now... $5500.00........... seems high.

One more thing.... Not sure that they are street legal for U.S. with out mods...... Check into that

Donziweasel
08-23-2008, 07:36 PM
You can get anything titled and registered in Wyoming. Shouldn't be an issue. What year is the one for sale?

ky-donzi
08-23-2008, 07:44 PM
IDK what year it is... I will be on that side of town tommorrow, I'll stop and take a better look for you if they still have it on the lot..

Donziweasel
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks man, owe you one. Got a 35 miles commute to work and the F-350 is killing me and when I run in 4wd this winter, crap!!!!!

Team Jefe
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I ran a Diahatsu version in College between all the Softball fields (20 fields). We used it all year long.....and ABUSED IT Like crazy. had a 4-spd manual and we drove it like it was a 911 Turbo. The four years I was there it never missed a beat.

ky-donzi
08-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I got a F350 crewcab 4x4 also.... my commute is 5 city blocks tho:wink:

ky-donzi
08-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Ok got a funny story for you. I was on that side of town this morning to go to Sherwin Williams to get some paint... Anyway the owner of the car lot happened to be in S/W also (small town). I asked a few questions... He said in Ky you can't title it, it gets great gas milage, it will run 60 but thats about it, and it is very durable... notice in the pics that the bed sides fold down... that's cool,,, I forgot to ask the year tho... oh and look steering is on the starboard side... easy for us boat fans

Here are the pics from the car lot.... If it was me I would buy the other 4x4 pictured for the comutte..... pick up alot more chicks in it....haha

Ed Donnelly
08-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Weasel; You HAVE to buy that.. Just check out the name of the restaurant
in pic #1:eek!::eek!: ...Ed

ky-donzi
08-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Ed I was so involved in the Carmeo that I forgot that.... haha. There speciality at Bo-Bo is cat (chinese)....haha

justleft
08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't see seatbelts.

A lift kit and big tires would be the trick.
It's already got the paint !

Damn, the elk, moose, and bison wouldn't see you coming !!

That could be bad if you're just driving the highways.

yeller
08-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I've started to see a few of those running around here lately. Don't know if the ones I saw were the same make, but they'd have to have seatbelts in order to be registered here.

zelatore
08-24-2008, 09:23 PM
It's a cool little truck, but as others have stated it would be a bear to make legal unless WY just doesn't care about most DOT things.

Still, I think the cool factor would wear away quickly if you had to drive it 70 miles a day commuting. And if you're on the highway, flogging it at WOT all day to get 60 mph, I'm betting that 40 mpg figure drops by half.

If you want it for the utility, that's cool. If you want it for the uniqueness, that's fine. If you just want it for mileage...get a diesel Jetta and a set of Blizzaks.

Donziweasel
08-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Done a little research. They do come with seatbelts and can be registered in some states. You can order surperchargers and turbos for them. Some even come with 4wd AND a locking diff. They even have snowplow setups for them. They are very very capable little trucks. Like Jefe said, you can beat the crap out of them and they ask for more. Been making tham since the 1960's. They seem to come wiht either a 45 horse or 60 horse engine and will run 60mph all day.

My commute is through the Snake River Canyon and the speed limit all the way to Jackson is 55 mph. As you know, I like unique stuff (my 712 Pinzgauer, jet boat, donzi, etc....) and this is pretty unique. Plus, I need a new plow vehicle and I don't want to put one on my F-350.

BUIZILLA
08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
DW, EXACTLY what make truck are we discussing here?

Donziweasel
08-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Three manufactures- Diahatsu, Suzuki, and Honda