PDA

View Full Version : I need a prop for a 5.0 L volvo SX..Help Grizz

SilverBack
08-23-2008, 08:15 AM
It looks like I am going to spend the year in the Chris Craft deck boat that my mother bought this spring. It is a 23 ft boat. It has a 5.0 L and a SX drive. The boat runs 38 GPS but only turns 3600 rpm's It has an off brand 3 blade prop and it blows out if you try to trim it up much at all. It could really do a lot better with the right prop. I think that the prop is a 17p but I will double check and post it if that tis not correct. Shouldn't this engine be turning a lot more rpms? It seems like it is lugging. We tube with it and putt around the lake sight seeing. I think that we need to go way down on the pitch. The boat is nice but it is a pig pig and doesn't do anything to good right now. Give me some help.

BigGrizzly
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
OK, first verify the pitch, And all these engines should be about 4600->4800. and I don't care what the book says. I need to know the boat and size. Now This may sound strange I would prefer to talk to you on the phone too. If you can call after 6:00 and before 10:00 PM any day. Phone is 706-216-8194.