PDA

View Full Version : US$40K Corsican on ebay....

Rob M
08-21-2008, 06:37 AM
A little rich for my blood....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-donzi-corsican_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQihZ015Q QitemZ250285134654QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Morgan's Cloud
08-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Do you really think that someone who starts their ad with the word " persuant " is going to be selling at a price that we guys can afford ? :D
But seriously ... it looks like he really spent some time and cash doing that !

ky-donzi
08-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Did you catch this.....

The block and all internal Mercruiser parts were imron painted to match the hull color

Im guessing a type-o...... I wouldn't think its a good idea to paint your pistons and valves...

I'm sure he meant the oil contact area of the block

Donziweasel
08-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Might be a scam. Guy has no feed back. Biggest reason, Boo Boo's parents live less than a mile from Dog River Marina. They are members and we go there whenever I am visiting. They have never seen this boat, nor I. Not on the water or at the marina. Plus, he needs to learn how to spell Aronow.

Kirbyvv
08-21-2008, 08:09 AM
It looks like the nicest Corsican I've ever seen, but we all know you can't get what you put into a restoration back. Looks like he and someone else do all the work and is looking for every penny he invested.

chappy
08-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Man, that thing sure does shine. That motor spinning a 26 is interesting.

BUIZILLA
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Rhd ??

olredalert
08-21-2008, 09:59 AM
------Kirby,,,It may be the nicest Corsican you have seen, but it is not the nicest. That one is in Canada!!! Has anyone noticed all the misinformation in the add??? "One of twenty"??? "Designed by Don"??? If you go thru as comprehensive a restoration as this I would think you would know a bit more about the builder.
------This is a case of a guy who did put a lot of effort and $ into a boat and is thinking hes going to get his money back. Aint going to happen. If he really wanted that he should have restored the boat to a more original appearance, if not performance. JMHO.........Bill S

Conquistador_del_mar
08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Rhd ??

You can see in one of the pictures where they used something that looks like a vent to cover the old left hand drive shifter. Bill

------Kirby,,,It may be the nicest Corsican you have seen, but it is not the nicest. That one is in Canada!!! Has anyone noticed all the misinformation in the add??? "One of twenty"??? "Designed by Don"??? If you go thru as comprehensive a restoration as this I would think you would know a bit more about the builder.
------This is a case of a guy who did put a lot of effort and $ into a boat and is thinking hes going to get his money back. Aint going to happen. If he really wanted that he should have restored the boat to a more original appearance, if not performance. JMHO.........Bill S

He did a few interesting modifications. Some I like and some I didn't like, but it is overall a nice looking boat. I wonder how he hinged the side compartments - blind hinges underneath? I don't remember a non-skid surface around my old Corsican. Having the back seat upholstery wrap over the cokcpit lip is different, but then again, he filled the cokcpit lip snaps that would accomodate the cover. It looks like I see a tab on the back bottom cushion which indicates that the bottom cushion is hinged at the front of the seat - interesting. I personally think that moving the gas fill to the side from top dead center was a good move. I remember having to get in my Corsican and lead the gas hose over the sides and lean over the deck to fill it. I also personally like the windscreen that he fabricated, but I don't think it would be functional. Just some comments. Bill

cutwater
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I personally think that moving the gas fill to the side from top dead center was a good move.

Here comes a Poodle post in T-minus 9, 8, 7, ...

RedDog
08-21-2008, 01:48 PM
A blue printed Alpha-one outdrive with a 2" shorter mid-section...

Is this a Tripple-Digits drive? Surprised it doesn't run alot faster than 70 :wink:

dwiggl
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
For $40K, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a nice version & make it just the way you like it? $25K buys a lot of HP these days.....
Comments?

Rob M
08-21-2008, 05:32 PM
------Kirby,,,It may be the nicest Corsican you have seen, but it is not the nicest. That one is in Canada!!!
You are not kidding. I saw progress on that boat in early August - unreal - looks like all new gel. Stunning job.

Donziweasel
08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Hell, I got $23,000 in my 16 alone, but I would probably not see a penny over 11,000.00 in this economy. I wish him good luck, but he won't get anywhere near 40,000.00.

I called my father in law to ask if he had ever seen it running around or at Dog River Marina. He hasn't. Plus, I am not sure that marina even does that type of work. Still not sure it is on the up and up.

mphatc
08-21-2008, 08:46 PM
This boat is so far from original, even the flip flop multi color boat a few years back was done nicer than this . .

I can appreciate the repower, but a 26P and only 65 -70 . . it's obviously spinning some good revs if that rooster tail is actually from this boat . .I think the two action shots are photoshopped!

No Donzi hull number given . . unless 0007 is it . .

A Corsican should be C18 CXX
Does anyone know how Cobalt numbered their boats? Maybe it's not even a Donzi!

Bill, tell me about the Canadian Corsican!

Mario
with a running C18C32 !!!

BUIZILLA
08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
verry cool...

Craig S
08-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I wish it were in my garage...and it would be a short tow!

BigGrizzly
08-23-2008, 06:29 PM
My Corsican is 45 and is a 71. mine does have the non skid hatch. I too wondered about the hinges.

MOP
08-23-2008, 07:23 PM
May not be original but what was done was done very well, many would love to have it.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Holy cow! Someone bid the $40,000, but it did not meet the reserve. I'm baffled. Bill

Rob M
08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Holy cow! Someone bid the $40,000, but it did not meet the reserve. I'm baffled. Bill
Perhaps there's a market afterall for the "rarer glassics"...or just someone with a load of cash who really wants one.

olredalert
08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
--------You just would have to doubt that bid, wouldnt you??? Doesnt make any sense........Bill S

chappy
08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
--------You just would have to doubt that bid, wouldnt you??? Doesnt make any sense........Bill S

Agreed.

BigGrizzly
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I own one and I love it but not for that price. You could buy mine and fix it up to look at least that good for less in total. Remember pictures do not tell the complete story.

TREYSTJOHN
08-26-2008, 09:43 AM
From his description, I would assume that he paid to have all the work done, so he probably has at least 40k in invoices paid and believes he has something of that or greater value. I will probably have 35-40k in parts/materials alone (at cost) in the '66 triple hatch when all is said and done. If only Barret Jackson had a vintage marine auction in Scottsdale....hmmmmm.

BUIZILLA
08-26-2008, 09:49 AM
if we all could get out of our toy's what we put into them :nilly:

virtually every single one would be for sale right now

I know mine would be at 40k, so feel free to make me an offer if you feel froggy.. i'm sure i'll say yes

sorry for the hijack

p729lws
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
I own one and I love it but not for that price. You could buy mine and fix it up to look at least that good for less in total. Remember pictures do not tell the complete story.

Keep me on the short list if you decide to sell. :wink: It wouldn't be very practical for where I boat but I love those things. :yes:

Dan