PDA

View Full Version : Help re: HP500 Gil Exhaust w Silent Choice

kramsay1234
08-20-2008, 01:37 PM
I have a chance to pick up a set of exhaust manifolds with polished silent choice risers from an HP500. My question is whether there is a way to modify my Corsa electric actuators to work on this setup instead of having to convert to the Mercury air pump style. This exhaust comes with the mercury actuators, but no air pump. And having used both systems, I like the Corsa electric style better and would rather stay with them if possible.

I guess other question and better one too will be if the risers will be the right fit for my transom? I will have to get some measurements for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MOP
08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
They both use a lever arm to move the plate, seems like it should be relatively easy to make it work, a lot depends on how handy you are.

roadtrip se
08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Just give them a call. They can pretty much modify any tail system to work with their stuff...

I am with you on their system. I have used Q&Q with CMIs for seven years with no issues...

kramsay1234
08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks. Should be a good improvement over the stock exhaust, but I have to be able to have silent choice.

The Hedgehog
08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks. Should be a good improvement over the stock exhaust, but I have to be able to have silent choice.

Why the need for silent choice?

kramsay1234
08-23-2008, 06:34 AM
First of all, laws. Second, do a bunch of river running in 6mph speed areas with guests and its difficult to talk, etc with the thru hulls open.