PDA

View Full Version : Fast Forward or WTF?.. U Decide...

LKSD
08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Here it is.. Just my opinion, but I think it is GhettO... I understand themes, I understand tributes, I understand sentimental, I understand staying original & I understand obviously custom... I just dont understand sticking stuff on for the heck of it & stuff done without taste, thought & planning.. But maybe thats just me... ? I guess to each there own, but I had to chuckle a little before I gagged a but when I saw this.. The trailer is quite breathtaking as well.. :hangum::shocking: Jamie

Ebay 22 classic "Fast Forward Edition" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=250284796544)

or item #250284796544

"" Donzi, 1992 22' Classic, "Fast Forward"
Vehicle Description

"Fast Forward" is a very desirable 1992 22' Donzi Classic, probably one of the nicest in existence. This boat is like new in every respect with perfect hull, deck and interior. New 454 King Cobra engine with less than 100 hrs. Upholstery is white with red piping. New instuments in original, unaltered panel. Captain's Choice exhaust. Eagle tandem axle trailer, ****pit cover and mooring cover. ContactJerry at 352-348-8554 or by email at jerryvalley@comcast.net for more info. ""

The bright side is at a starting $ of 10k it has potential for it to financially allow itself to be redone, I guess....

rtgogo
08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
It's not just you.......

rustnrot
08-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Ummm, are you talking about the big name on the side? Other than that what is "wrong" with it. And the trailer....huh??

osur866
08-20-2008, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't call it "the nicest in existence" or "like new in every respect" but ghetto is pretty harsh, other than the letters on the side and the trailer looks a little odd I don't really think its that bad, have seen ALOT worse. Steve

ky-donzi
08-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Its not in my taste.... But who am I to dictate someone else taste.... The name can be removed.... Can't really tell what they did to the tralier but it can probably be removed as well,

As far as
"the nicest in existence" or "like new in every respect" I would say thats a strech....

I do know what Jamie is talking about tho there was a 06' classic 18 with ALOT of extra's on it like windshield, keel protector, I don't remember all of them.... but that boat was different!!!

VetteLT193
08-20-2008, 07:57 AM
I don't really care for names on the sides of Donzi classics but it doesn't really bother me when someone else does it.

Other than the cleats on the bow it looks like a really nice 22. Swap them out for pop ups and rock on.

Ghetto is something like this: http://neptune.spacebears.com/images/gallery/ugly1.jpg

LKSD
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Yes I am talking about the lettering down the side as if it were a city bus & the trailer is a bit ugly. Although I do understand someone wanting to take their toys with them.. I think it could have been done much neater & cleaner.. Also yes the rest of the boat doesnt look too bad, but my guess is there will be fade marks when the lettering is removed either by wet sanding or refinishing it. Thats why I said for the initial asking It may be a good project boat for someone as it does look to have potential. I am more gagged out by the lettering & sale write up.. :) Jamie

Carl C
08-20-2008, 08:06 AM
It's "ghetto" just because the owner painted a large name on the side? Sorry, Jamie but I disagree with you this time. I personally don't name small boats but it's a personal decision and is acceptable. The boat looks clean to me but I would remove the name.

zelatore
08-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm just wondering if they gave any thought to tounge weight with the scooter on the front. And what did they carry up there? A little dual-sport is one thing...maybe 250 lbs. An 800+ lb Hog is something else!

As for the name thing...I think it looks pretty bad as well. But from the Ghetto description I was expecting something much worse.

undertaker
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Jaime stop looking @ 22 classics on Ebay and get your arse down to the bay this weekend...we are running:propeller::nilly::biggrin.::biggrin.:

Undertaker:pimp:

MOP
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Did anyone just happen to notice in the engine shots that OMC did build the boat stronger with extra engine bed gusseting. Scott has mentioned more then once that he was very pleased with his OMC 22.

Phil

ky-donzi
08-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Roadtrip SE

Do you remember the boat I was talking about? I tried to find a post with a pick of it for my thread, couldn't find it tho........

It was the one that someone described as a Loony Toons boat, becuase the windshield looked like it could have eyes drawn on it

zelatore
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I remember it. Best not to bring that thread back to life. Could start a riot.

chappy
08-20-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50216

Genocide.:biggrin.:

No pic of the boat, but I'm sure we all remember. The above was a great thread until post #72, that scared the hell out of me.:rofl:

txtaz
08-20-2008, 02:03 PM
At least it doesn't have a bimini...

Yes but the real question is does it have rubber duckies?

Da Taz<---If this gag were a cow, I'd have fresh milk every day.:smash:

LKSD
08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Jaime stop looking @ 22 classics on Ebay and get your arse down to the bay this weekend...we are running:propeller::nilly::biggrin.::biggrin.:
Undertaker:pimp:

Ed,

I know I have to get out soon or I am going to go crazy.. I need to put a new word into my work schedule vocabulary.. That word is "NO"..

Some people smoke, drink & or do other otherthings too much. I work too damn much.. :( lol..

With the year going as it is, I will probably only get out 1 0r 2 more times this year locally in my raft.. :( But this year is sucking in genral for me. Business is still strong, but I have a few large things on my plate to deal with this year that are unfortunatley taking up my time & some of my play funds.. Among them are 2 other companies that I am still building.. :propeller::convertib:

Anyway back to the other Chit storm I started here... lol

I do agree taste is subjective it's just a personal thing.. I was just curious as to what others thought of it as well as its write up.. Thats all.. :) Jamie

MOP
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50216

Genocide.:biggrin.:

No pic of the boat, but I'm sure we all remember. The above was a great thread until post #72, that scared the hell out of me.:rofl:

I thought the "Weasel" was kind of cute in that get up:shocking::shocking: