PDA

View Full Version : Eufala is right around the corner....

Last Real Texan
08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
so who is a solid for the event? I will be there on Sunday only...

Bryan

p729lws
08-18-2008, 08:37 PM
The wife and I are in. Looking forward to it!

Dan

Last Real Texan
08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
looking forward to seeing the new disturbing the peace:shocking:

Forrest
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Bryan, thank you starting this thread. I'm going to need to know who and how many are going to be there so I can do some planing before we go to the grocery store. For that reason, please let us know by either posting here, email-ing or pm-ing me, how many are going to be in your party.

It looks like it's going to be another great Eufaula Donzi event!

JustMercMe
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Me and the wife will be there saturday for the day on the "Nervous Mother". Might have some buds tag along with thier tunnel boats at the isle to hang out for the day.

RunninRed
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm in. Eufaula is only a 45 min. drive for me. We'll drive up Saturday and ride to the island and hang out all day.

My buddy with the Minx 20 will be there as well.

Forrest
08-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Since I have received little to no response on who will be attending Eufaula 10 this coming weekend, at this point, I can only assume (that will probably get me in trouble) that those who posted on the main (sticky) Eufaula thread that they are attending, will be there. Ginny and I will be leaving on Wednesday to go to Lake Eufaula make preparations for the event. For this reason, we will not have access to email or the Internet past about noon on Wednesday, August 27, 2008.

So, if you have not yet indicated that you are going and plan to attend, please let me know now.

Also, if you earlier indicated that you were going to attend and find that you cannot, please let me know that as well.

Remember, I need to know before noon on Wednesday, August 27, 2008.

Thank you to those that have responded above.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Last Real Texan
08-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Looks like a light Eufala turnout this year.....My plans have changed and I will now be coming on Saturday morning and spending the day....Look forward to it.

Tex

BigGrizzly
09-01-2008, 04:15 PM
BTW we all had a great time.

Forrest
09-02-2008, 10:06 AM
BTW we all had a great time.

Great time indeed!

Pictures to be posted soon.

JustMercMe
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Good seeing you guys again. I must say it was a rough ride back in after the day at the island but it was well worth it. Lookin forward to next year already.

BigGrizzly
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Merc, It was good seeing you and meeting your Dad. BTW The Cigarettes at Cumberland didn't have anything on your and your friends tunnel hulls. They were sweet. Just so people know, Merc and his friends showed up with some pretty fast and good looking iron. These guys were cool they admired us as much as we did them. we talked about their speed and they talked about our ride. A great day to say the least. We are glad you came and brough your friends.

JustMercMe
09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Merc, It was good seeing you and meeting your Dad. BTW The Cigarettes at Cumberland didn't have anything on your and your friends tunnel hulls. They were sweet. Just so people know, Merc and his friends showed up with some pretty fast and good looking iron. These guys were cool they admired us as much as we did them. we talked about their speed and they talked about our ride. A great day to say the least. We are glad you came and brough your friends.

Thanks for the kind words Grizz! Gotta find me another 22 one of these days to feed the need for the big block sound and smooth ride in the rough stuff. I'll let you guys know when we have a big weekend down our way(bout 30 min ride in the boat after locking through at Eufaula). I think the last time we had it in '06 we had 135 boats on the sandbar at mid afternoon....Lot of fast stuff that day! Looking forward to the next time.

BigGrizzly
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Merc those were true words if they were not I would have said that too. You guys are always welcome. next time show up earlier.

p729lws
09-04-2008, 11:18 PM
What a great time! The wife is looking forward to next year. :propeller:

Looks like Forrest put his photos in the gallery and I just uploaded mine. Tex, sorry I couldn't upload any good running shots of the ZX because they were just a blur :shocking: Forrest, sorry we had to bail on the Sunday evening gathering due to Gustav but please pm your mailing address so I can forward some funds.

Here's a shot of Tex, my wife Laura, Big Griz and his wife Barbara, Jenny and Forrest. The other shot is of the Weiner at the house keeping an eye on Gustav's progress.

Dan

The Hedgehog
09-05-2008, 07:12 AM
What a great time! The wife is looking forward to next year. :propeller:
Looks like Forrest put his photos in the gallery and I just uploaded mine. Tex, sorry I couldn't upload any good running shots of the ZX because they were just a blur :shocking: Forrest, sorry we had to bail on the Sunday evening gathering due to Gustav but please pm your mailing address so I can forward some funds.
Here's a shot of Tex, my wife Laura, Big Griz and his wife Barbara, Jenny and Forrest. The other shot is of the Weiner at the house keeping an eye on Gustav's progress.
Dan

Brian told that the Pantera is a very cool boat.

Last Real Texan
09-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Brian told that the Pantera is a very cool boat.
Super cool

Forrest
09-05-2008, 10:33 AM
What a great time! . . . Forrest, sorry we had to bail on the Sunday evening gathering due to Gustav but please pm your mailing address so I can forward some funds . . .

Dan, don't worry about having to leave. We had a to leave a Eufaula event early a few years back to prep for a hurricane as well.

Also, don't worry about any funding for the event this year. Since the turn out was so light this year, we didn't need to buy much of anything. It was kind of like just having a few friends over for lunch and a beer. But next year, when we get all the "regulars" back, plus new friends as well as some long lost SeaDogs, ahhmm, SOME LONG LOST SEADOGS,:smash: I will take your donation!

Glad that you guys had a great time. We sure did!

BigGrizzly
09-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Nice picture Dan. The only problem is that we liked Laura better then you:wink: I am glad you had fun. Please come back next year.
That boat is cool except in a down pour at 50 mph.:shocking::bonk:

Forrest
09-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Eufaula 10 pictures are up . . . and more to come!

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=637

p729lws
09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Nice shot Brian, I was hoping to get some good running photos from the weekend. Thanks for the compliments on the Pantera guys! My equipment is pretty basic compared to some on here but it's good to be on the water and running w/ the big dogs:yes:. Brian, I can't believe how clean your motor work is. It looks better than most "professional" work I've seen. Forrest/Jenny, thanks for the hospitality and we're looking forward to next year. Randy, next year I want the gps if we're going to boat straight into a lighting / thunder storm at 50 plus mph, lol.

Good Times!

And don't even ask me about deep fried ribs....

Dan

BigGrizzly
09-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Dan we hav a couple if I can find the camera. I always bring along at least two one permanent and a spare some times three. Been lost before.