PDA

View Full Version : GPS speedometer - HRPA poker run

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Is there much to these, my is stuck, it will reset, therefore recall is zero yet then it goes straight to 55. I will pull the dash next and see if something came loose.

We had a small electrical issue and the breakers popped on my onboard charger so when we woke up we were dead as a door nail, not even a beep beep at the key. 3 Jump boxes on the external studs got the hatch up and a jump later we were good, so all that is well now, just wondering if anyone has had issues with these speedometers or if there might be a connection between the two issues..

The good news is we WON $150 for worst hand! We should have won best dressed, but we were beat down by the Fountain folks, hell they had a sales rep there that tried to buy my boat on the spot! To funny. I do like them Sport Cruisers! :)

Bryan

Mr X
08-17-2008, 11:29 AM
B,
if it sticks on 55 it means that the antenna is not connected OR the antenna is bad.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks, I love this board! We did have a couple good waves this weekend (photo's soon from the helo), maybe the antenna connector fell off or broke. Lets hope that is all it is, I spent over $900 in gas this week, and a speedo is not a priority.

Thanks
Bryan

Mr X
08-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Glad to help! Let me know what you find.
Ted

Dr. Dan
08-18-2008, 02:50 AM
:smash:I also learned the hard way that there is apparently a small "watch type battery" in the Antenna Puck itself, and it can symptomatically make your unit act dead or malfunctioning...apparently about a $75 fix - I had never heard of such a thing? Holden had run into 4 GPS Units this Spring / Summer all went bad.... all turned out to be the little Battery.(after 4 to 5 years it could be an issue).

I learned this after I replaced my entire unit! Now I have to buy another boat just to put this damn GPS Speedo in? :angel:

Can't wait to see more pics Bryan... looked like the weather was pretty good.

Doc of Emergency Boating Garb :doh:

BigGrizzly
08-18-2008, 08:33 AM
More pictures! I have heard the battery thing but did not know it really existed until now.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-18-2008, 01:59 PM
The hello pictures will be out soon I hope. He flew by us twice.

So what size battery? My unit came with the boat, 2003....

I would like to take one down next trip to the marina. I suppose a battery is the cheapest route if the anenna is not unhooked.

Dan did you get package and check in the mail, they are seperate.

Lastly, what are you guys using on hull stains from like two nights in the water? Some toilet cleaner? School me.

Bryan

The guy with the only chick this weekend that had a Z on her couchie!
That is why my boat is named: Z-RATED!

Dr. Dan
08-18-2008, 02:24 PM
:smash:Got it Bryan - Thanks!

I use "Meguiar's - Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner" spray it on and use your Soapy Boat Brush to go over it... I let it sit about 30 seconds, it has not stained the Trailer, but I do wet everything down and I am careful with it...but it works like instantly.

Eventually you will want to rewax or seal the areas affected...

As for the battery, I think its a Manufacture Replacement item, so its gotta go to Livorsi or whoever... to be covered...if that in fact is the problem?

Good Luck

Doc of Nothing :wink:

roadtrip se
08-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Bryan, I have spent a year chasing this one. Actually longer, since Lake Geo 2007.

Turns out the new antenna shipped by Livorsi is not reverse compatible with the older gauges. My new old antenna should be here this week for my 2002 gauge. To add a twist, Livorsi's test kit has the old antenna and it does work with the new and old gauges. Fun.

So be sure to identify what vintage you have when you call them.

Hadn't heard about the potential battery issue. I replaced my old with new last year at Livorsi's recomendation, so too late for me to test the theory now. They have never mentioned it or a fix for it. Maybe a little planned obsolesence.

Shanghied Again
08-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Bryan going through the same Livorsi sent me a new antenna that is not compatible. The easy way is when you turn the power on the speedo should go all the way up back to 6:00 and down to 0 if she floats back up to 9oclock 20 or 55 she is an antenna. Our antenna is the older style and the new ones will not work. I am waiting on my new older style.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Frank, what are they charging you?
Bryan

roadtrip se
08-19-2008, 03:29 PM
The model designation is:

GPSARA(FB)

I just hope the dang thing works..

Dr. Dan
08-19-2008, 06:25 PM
The model designation is:
GPSARA(FB)
I just hope the dang thing works..

:doh::spongebob:Toddster...I thought we discussed this the other day and you understood...that although the Antenna may function you actually have to Run Your Boat for it to work? So put your new Antenna Away until you are ready to actually run your boat, get it off the Trailer...and break it ...AGAIN! :tase:

Doc of Future Ass Kickin...By A Rooster :lame2:

undertaker
08-20-2008, 07:52 AM
:doh::spongebob:Toddster...I thought we discussed this the other day and you understood...that although the Antenna may function you actually have to Run Your Boat for it to work? So put your new Antenna Away until you are ready to actually run your boat, get it off the Trailer...and break it ...AGAIN! :tase:

:biggrin::biggrin::rofl::rofl::rofl:

roadtrip se
08-20-2008, 09:32 AM

Now, didn't I see a certain teal beast with a moon rising over the engine bay and then at the end of a tow strap at the top of Lake Geo this year due to drive issues? Not good karma to mention the evil drive gods yet again, weedhopper.

I am in the process of acquiring all new replacement drive parts for the flowerpot as we speak, as the drive gods have spoken this year, and spoken often, and I am tired of listening.

As for the rest of the flowerpot freshening, we are on hold as we assess our boating options for the future. We may just throw a drive on it and call it a day, which means the flower pot will continue to be the whipping child of every JohnnyComeLately here. I will just have to subscribe to the Stuart Smalley twelve step recovery program and suck up spray in the process.

Keep pushing Evil Twin as all is open game at the moment.

roadtrip se
08-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Pontooner's rock!

Shanghied Again
08-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Frank, what are they charging you?
Bryan
I would have to find out from Chuck he ordered it I usally don't find out until I get it what I have to pay.

boxy
08-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Pontooner's rock!
Especially if you are 6'5", well fed, and keep running side to side ......

Anon.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Helo Poker Run pic's are online:
http://randynuzzo.com/ go to IMAGEQUIX in the middle top of page.
Go to the 2008 HRPA Poker Run, then select pictures by boat type.

Hey Doc, ring me up, I have a question about my ordered items, and once again I have lost your number.

One pic attached of my Z Rated girl in her sexy Z Thong......

Bryan