PDA

View Full Version : A couple blue 18Cs in south Florida

handfulz28
08-15-2008, 12:12 PM
There's a '70 in the Boat Trader for $5,900.

Plus this '87 that was sitting in Key Largo but the owner is in FLL. Did anybody go look at this one? Price down to $7,900.
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/797306413.html

catch 22
08-29-2008, 07:02 AM
Yes, I went and looked at this 18 I guess a couple months ago for a member here. I took these pics for him. The boat is in Key Largo

p729lws
08-29-2008, 11:07 AM
What is that bolted to the hatch?

Dan

Minx20
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
What is that bolted to the hatch?

Dan

I saw it this last week as well but in Broward county. The item bolted to the hatch is part of the ski pylon. It also had a rod holder on either side next to the rear seat.

Cosmetically the boat only needs the decal stripes that were added on the top deck on either side of the blue stripe removed and a good overall wet-sand/compound/wax. Hull is real clean and running surface looked very nice for an 87. The top deck looked like someone put that clear-cote product on it to get it to shine again, and that would need to be wet-sanded off and brought back to the orig gel.

I would also redo the interior with an off white to match the beige / blue scheme.

Overall I would say it would be a great boat for an easier resto project. Not sure what the crack in the ****pit floor indicates? Maybe some inner-liner support issues?

Seems like the soft boat market has brought some deals out there, but at least with this one its a Donzi.

I was in process of making an offer but my wife could not get down all last week to see it for herself and after the last boat restro project went south, was not planning to get in the doghouse LOL bringing something back home without the misses liking it as well.

handfulz28
08-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks Catch for sharing those pics. So he finally brought it up from Key Largo I guess? Where exactly is that crack? Hard to tell from the picture. What's with the double snaps on the hatch?

catch 22
08-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Catch for sharing those pics. So he finally brought it up from Key Largo I guess? Where exactly is that crack? Hard to tell from the picture. What's with the double snaps on the hatch?
If I remember right the crack was behind the passenger side seat coming from the storage box in the middle of the floor. As far as the double snaps I have know idea. But don't forget it's got 2 rod holders, a must have.:bonk::nilly:

catch 22
08-30-2008, 09:55 PM
OH NOTHING !!!!:nilly: