PDA

View Full Version : Southern Hedgehog goes west.

The Hedgehog
08-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Any Donzi owners in the Bay area.

Just wondering.

I am spending a few days out in San Fran (as soon as I get done with the Vegas airport but that is another story).

Holy smokes, I just checked out the weather page. It does stay pretty cool out there in the summer. That will be tough for a southern guy that pretty much wears flip flops and shorts for 6 months of the year. So what am I showing up wearing? Yes flip flops and shorts. I might have brought a couple of pairs of long pants:eek!: Time to recycle or shop. Maybe I will go over to the ticket counter and rebook to Jackson Hole to go bother the Donzi Weasel. He seems to have some fun things going on.

Maybe if I go back to the bar in the Vegas airport I won't notice it when I get there. It is a good thing I will have a shuttle waiting for me when I get in. Bored Hedgehogs in the Vegas airport with lots of bars = bad thing:eek!:

Barry Eller
08-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Bored Hedgehogs in the Vegas airport with lots of bars = bad thing:eek!:

There are 12 step programs for that!!!:biggrin::beer::cards::lol9:

Donziweasel
08-15-2008, 07:38 AM
We are still wearing shorts and flip flops out here.:)

The Hedgehog
08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
There are 12 step programs for that!!!:biggrin::beer::cards::lol9:

They keep kicking me out of those:drinkbeer::flash::pimptwo:

I told them I am no quitter!

gcarter
08-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Zelatore is in Oakland, but he's in Monterey getting a boat ready.

zelatore
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
What's this? I go away for a few days and somebody shows up in my back yard? I thought we had strict quotas on the number of you easterners that were allowed to come to the bay area each year?

I've been in Monterey dealing with a boat we showed at Concourso Italiano. I'm headed back there Monday to tear the boat down and get it moved up to our regular boat yard for commissioning and sea-trials. But if you're in the bay area Tuesday-Friday, I'll be around to talk boats and have a drink. Come on over to Oakland...I'll take you to The Fat Lady for a drink. It's a former brothel near our office just off the Oakland waterfront. Heck, I'll even fire up the 'ol Carver and give you a tour of the bay from the 'right' side.

Now if you need a Donzi fix, that might be difficult as I don't bring the 22 down to the 'big water' and the gf already has plans for me on the weekend... :smash:

Send me a PM - I'll be checking the site again early Monday before heading south, and then I'll be back to my regular schedule.

BTW- yes, it’s cold in the city even in the summer. But come inland just a few miles over the hills and it’s 100 degrees. Welcome to the Bay-Area Micro-Climates!

zelatore
08-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey Hedgehog - clean out your PM's! Your inbox is full!

And give me a call- 510-825-5056....I'll be sea-trialing a triple IPS powered 50' Marquis later this week. If you're in town, I've got a seat for you.

The Hedgehog
08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey Hedgehog - clean out your PM's! Your inbox is full!
And give me a call- 510-825-5056....I'll be sea-trialing a triple IPS powered 50' Marquis later this week. If you're in town, I've got a seat for you.

Hedge is back. I did not have good internet reception in Yosemite. I am in Monterrey. I will give a shout.

gcarter
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Hedge is back. I did not have good internet reception in Yosemite. I am in Monterrey. I will give a shout.
Did you go to the Concours?

zelatore
08-19-2008, 07:19 PM

He's a day late and a dollar short. All the festivities wrapped up last weekend!

The Hedgehog
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM

No, found out about it too late. Already had reservations in The Ahwahnee in Yosemite. Would have been tough to hit that in the am and make it there for dinner

gcarter
08-20-2008, 04:28 AM
No, found out about it too late. Already had reservations in The Ahwahnee in Yosemite. Would have been tough to hit that in the am and make it there for dinner
Had lunch at the Ahwahnee last year. Nice digs.