PDA

View Full Version : Good Day!

rtgogo
08-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Finally hit 70 GPS! :):)

Still can't hang with tha big boyz, but was pumped to finally pass the threshold!

The Hedgehog
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
You should feel pretty sporty about that. That is a good milestone. Most of the run of the mill sportboats on your lake probably do low 60's.

Now after this winter......the saga continues:shark:

rtgogo
08-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I need driving lessons before I can do much more than that. Learned how to pull the bow up outa the water today. Had outdrive trimmed out with a rooster and the front end was really loose... hit some yacht chop at low 60's..... Front end felt like it was about to flip on over....:eek:....catchin all that air was awesome, but holy $#@!!...

.....Advice??...Anyone.....thanks!

Carl C
08-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Congrats. Big Boyz is relative, there's always someone faster.

The Hedgehog
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
You usually don't need to trim a step as hard as a straight V. Get some more seat time. You will figure it out. I am still learning mine. I do love my mechanical indicators. I can start with just north of 4 and it will take more as speed comes up. If you put mine on 6.5 and stand on it bad things can happen.

BigGrizzly
08-11-2008, 10:56 AM
That is a great mile stone. I don't do that with my Corsican.

BlownCrewCab
08-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Now that you are going 70, and obvoiusly plan on jumping wakes at 70 You NEED a Good trim Indicator. and when you see the wakes coming a few short "Taps" of the trim Down button is a must. When your trimmed up for going fast in smooth water thats a totally different setup tthan you want to be flying with, especially if you not really quick on the throttle. when you leave the water the last thing in the water is the drive/prop, with positive Trim it's still trying to carry the nose (because you where set up for speed) and it pushes the rear of the boat down causing the nose to fly up in the air, then theres landing, also not good with positive trim. if the drive was level it would just launch off the wave naturally, and land naturally. experience is a must, But Be Careful, and don't try it Drunk.

rtgogo
08-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Ahhh...si...grasshopper is learning...

Thanks, makes sense..really helps....appreciate the advice!

no comment on that last part...

BigGrizzly
08-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Like B.C. Cab says EXPERIENCE is the key baby steps, and this doesn't always guaranty success.

roadtrip se
08-12-2008, 10:14 AM
as Weedhopper RTSE learn many valuable life lessons, and a few Donzi ones, from the Master.

Good luck Grasshopper and congrats on achieving the milestone on your pathway to Donzi excellence...