PDA

View Full Version : "Real" Horsepower.......

Donziweasel
08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Probably not what you were thinking, but yesterday I went ahead and spent money I did not have on a horse trailer. I have a green 3 horse bumper pull, but have needed to haul 4 or more horses a few times. This one is a gooseneck 5 horse with living area. I would have gone 4 horse bumper pull, but it is ALOT of weight on a bumper in snow, mud etc... I installed the gooseneck hitch this week (what a pain in the ass!) and it is pretty cool. You pull a lever under the wheel well and it releases the ball in the truck bed. The you can turn it upside down and reinsert it for a flat truck bed. Pretty cool. I will say the gooseneck tows nicer than about anything I have ever pulled. Hardly even know it is back there.

Don, the horse with his ass towards you is yours the first week of October when you come out to hunt. His name is Flax and, well, he is something to ride......:hangum: Now, the fact that we will be riding in pitch black dark on icy, muddy and snowy trails shouldn't make you nervous (hahaha). Scared yet?

With the snow we had last winter, the backcountry is having a bumper crop of grass and foliage. The elk and deer this season ought to be real heavy with HUGE racks due to the abundance of food. They are saying this will be the best hunting season since 1997.