PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe woody's

BUIZILLA
08-09-2008, 07:14 AM
I shamelessly had to lift a couple pic's off another site for this..
OMG :eek: :eek:

BUIZILLA
08-09-2008, 07:46 AM
in the first pic, check out the carb scoop out of wood with the mitered grooves for air inlet... :shocking: :cool: big FE Ford, NASCAR style intake and v-drive.. how cool is that... :shark:

gcarter
08-09-2008, 07:58 AM
I was wondering about the Tomahawk thingie myself.

Did anyone notice the Roller powered boat in the lower left??
I think that would be the "tank" version of the Merlin called the Meteor...it was all iron vs. aluminum for the Merlin. Also about 600-900 HP and NA. They also made them well after the war was over so there's a pretty good supply yet.
Still very cool.
Thanks for posting Jim.

dclassic
08-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Those are some stunning woodies! I sent a pic of that Tomahawk to Tom a few years ago when we took possession of the Tomahawk Donzi and the discussions turned to woodies. I'm sure we all would hope to own such a beautiful woodie someday, especially Tom. One could say his name is all over it. I'm not sure if he has ventured outside of the vintage Chris Crafts yet...

BUIZILLA
08-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I think that Tomahawk example is from the NY region...

DonziJon
08-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I was wondering about the Tomahawk thingie myself.
Did anyone notice the Roller powered boat in the lower left??
I think that would be the "tank" version of the Merlin called the Meteor...it was all iron vs. aluminum for the Merlin. Also about 600-900 HP and NA. They also made them well after the war was over so there's a pretty good supply yet.
Still very cool.
Thanks for posting Jim.

YUP: Mark Masons "New England Boat and Motor" RR Meteor. 650 CI V-12, 612 HP. Same engines as are in Jeff Magnussons "Miss America VII" Replica. Mason bought 50 of them over in the UK a decade or more ago. He marinizes them and puts his own cast aluminum valve covers on them. He will even build you a nice "Woody" to put them in. I suspect he still has a few left. John

DonziJon
08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I Erred: :bonk: The RR Meteors are 1,650 Cubic Inches. :doh: John

Lenny
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I believe Mr Tamm was there... for this... and also a Criterion visit... ;)

zelatore
08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I didn't make it up this year as we had a track day scheduled with the BMW club, but I've been in years past. Some of those boats are 'regulars'.

It's definatly worth a trip, although the crowds can be huge on Saturday.

Last Tango
08-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Give's me a "woodie" just looking at those beautiful boats.
(And at MY age, that is saying something)